Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6: pages 134-160.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
(b) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
(c) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
(d) By having Lady Danvers join him.
2. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(b) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
(c) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
(d) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
3. After Pamela's failed attempt at escaping, what news of Mr. B causes her to worry about him?
(a) She hears of him being held up by thugs.
(b) She hears of his fall from a horse.
(c) She hears of him being shot in a hunting accident.
(d) She hears of him almost drowning in a hunting accident.
4. In Section 6, after the news of Mr. B's planned visit to Lincolnshire, Mrs. Jewkes frightens Pamela with information about a new scheme that Mr. B is supposedly planning. What is this scheme?
(a) He plans to give up all responsibility for her.
(b) He plans to marry Pamela to Mr. Colbrand and buy her on her wedding day.
(c) He plans to send her to Lady Davers.
(d) He plans to send her to Kent to work for his friends.
5. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
(a) The relationships between different social classes.
(b) The many biblical allusions.
(c) The pastoral setting in which the action takes place.
(d) The exchange of letters between the characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the alternative title of the novel?
2. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
3. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
4. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
5. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)