Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: pages 85-110.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is Lady Davers to Mr. B?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
2. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
(a) She goes out of the house.
(b) She wears a disguise.
(c) She hides in Mrs. Jervis' room.
(d) She hides in a closet.
3. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
(a) That she must be kept there until her father comes for her.
(b) That he means to save her from a dangerous love affair.
(c) That she needs to be kept there until Mr. B can join her.
(d) That she will be met there by Mrs. Jewkes who will go with her to Bedfordshire.
4. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
(a) That she must finish the waistcoat she has been making for him.
(b) That she must wait for Mrs. Jervis to go with her.
(c) That she must await Jonathan to take her.
(d) That she must wait for her father to come and take her.
5. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
(a) They advise her to come home.
(b) They warn her to be careful of Mr. B.
(c) They advise her to confide in one of the older servants.
(d) They advise her to confide in Lady Davers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what century was "Pamela" written?
2. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
3. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
4. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
5. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)