|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3: pages 57-85.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
(a) They advise her to come home.
(b) They advise her to confide in one of the older servants.
(c) They warn her to be careful of Mr. B.
(d) They advise her to confide in Lady Davers.
2. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
(a) Of stealing.
(b) Of being useless and artful.
(c) Of lying.
(d) Of neglecting her duties.
3. What reason does Mr. B give for agreeing to let Pamela go home after this incident?
(a) He is tired of her hypocrisy.
(b) He will be marrying soon.
(c) She is too much trouble.
(d) She is telling lies on him.
4. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
(a) She will not have as good a chance of becoming a lady.
(b) She will not be treated as well as at his house.
(c) She will be ruined by the nephew of Lady Danvers.
(d) She will be seduced by older men in the neighborhood.
5. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) To pay her way home.
(b) A job in his sister's house.
(d) Four guineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what century was "Pamela" written?
2. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
3. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
4. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
5. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)