|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Lady Davers on her visit to Mr. B and Pamela following their marriage?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes.
(d) Mrs. Jervis.
2. Despite the progression of events and discussions leading towards his marriage to Pamela, what lingering concern regarding Mr. Williams does Mr. B express to Pamela?
(a) Mr. Williams might accuse Pamela of causing his troubles.
(b) She might have done something to encourage his proposal.
(c) She might have damaged her reputation with him.
(d) Mr. Williams might accuse Mr. B of causing his troubles.
3. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
(a) They curse her for giving Mr. B a bad name.
(b) They mourn at her departure.
(c) They are happy to see her go.
(d) They are indifferent.
4. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
(a) He is distresed and acting in a crazy manner.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) He is desperate and depressed.
(d) He is drunk.
5. When it is confirmed for Lady Davers that Mr. B and Pamela are truly married, Lady Davers reacts negatively. What does this reaction to the news reflect about some aspects of the society in which the novel is set?
(a) She shows prejudice by insisting that Pamela should inherit nothing from her family.
(b) She shows the prejudice in the society by accusing Mr. B of marrying the daughter of a beggar.
(c) She shows prejudice by saying that she doesn't want a servant girl in her family.
(d) She shows prejudice by saying that Pamela must not live in the family estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Davers attempt to spoil the relationship between Pamela and Mr. B after she learns of the marriage?
2. How does Pamela feel towards Mr. B in Section 8 after overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jewkes' conversation?
3. What condition does Mr. B impose when he tells Pamela that she can let her parents know about the marriage?
4. As the first altercation between Pamela and Lady Davers escalates, how does Pamela get away from Lady Davers to meet her husband?
5. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)