|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the significant aspects of the conversations between Mr. B and the third visitor prior to the marriage between Mr. B and Pamela?
(a) Mr. B invites him to dinner, gives permission for him to be friends with Pamela, and invites him to officiate at the chapel.
(b) He is asked to give away Pamela.
(c) He is asked to bless the new chapel.
(d) He is to exonerate Mr. B for his past wrongs.
2. After Mr. B ignores Pamela for some time during his visit to Lincolnshire, what surprising turn of events occurs?
(a) He encourages her to contact Mr. Williams.
(b) He asks her to be his wife.
(c) Mr. B visits Pamela and commands her to dine with him.
(d) Mr. B asks her to be his mistress.
3. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
(a) That she must wait for her father to come and take her.
(b) That she must await Jonathan to take her.
(c) That she must wait for Mrs. Jervis to go with her.
(d) That she must finish the waistcoat she has been making for him.
4. Apart from the gentry and Mr. Andrews, which other person visits Mr. B and Pamela shortly before the wedding?
(a) The clergyman.
(b) Mr. Jonathan.
(c) Mr. Williams.
(d) Mrs. Jervis.
5. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
(a) To pray for her.
(b) To appeal to Mr. B on her behalf.
(c) To send back her letters.
(d) To send her letters to her parents and pray for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
2. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
3. Which of the following terms best describes the section of the novel that occurs when Mr. B declares his love for Pamela and his desire to marry her?
4. When Mr. B informs Mrs. Jewkes about his imminent marriage to Pamela, what is Mrs. Jewkes' main worry?
5. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)