|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Mr. B impose when he tells Pamela that she can let her parents know about the marriage?
(a) She must explain that they cannot attend.
(b) She must ensure that they keep it a secret.
(c) They must move to his estate immediately.
(d) She must insist that they invite no relatives on their side.
2. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
(a) To send her letters to her parents and pray for her.
(b) To pray for her.
(c) To send back her letters.
(d) To appeal to Mr. B on her behalf.
3. When Mr. B demands Pamela's letters and she presents them to him in the garden, what information contained in her papers brings a significant response from Mr. B?
(a) He realizes how badly he has affected her.
(b) He is curious that she worried when he almost drowned.
(c) He is upset that she feels so negatively towards him.
(d) He laments her contemplation of suicide.
4. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) To end his responsibility for her.
(b) To prevent her from having to work for him.
(c) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
(d) To provide her with security.
5. After Mr. B examines and comments on Pamela's papers during their encounter in the garden, how does the incident end?
(a) Mr. B discovers the true virtue of Pamela and apologizes for everything.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes turns up just as they are about to kiss.
(c) Mr. B offers to kiss Pamela but she recalls the sham marriage plan and rejects him, leading to his anger.
(d) Pamela sees a change in him and allows him to kiss her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
2. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
3. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
4. After Mr. Williams is involved in an incident and is visited by Mrs. Jewkes, how does he let Pamela down?
5. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)