|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pamela respond to being let down by Mr. Williams?
(a) Pamela writes him, chiding him for his openness.
(b) She refuses to speak with him.
(c) She forgives him.
(d) She forbids him to see her.
2. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
(a) She hides in Mrs. Jervis' room.
(b) She hides in a closet.
(c) She wears a disguise.
(d) She goes out of the house.
3. After Pamela's rejection of Mr. B's proposition, Mr B renews his attempt to take liberties with her, resulting in Pamela's fainting. What new worries face Pamela after this incident?
(a) She worries that he took advantage of her after she fainted because of his approach to her.
(b) She is afraid of what her parents will think.
(c) She worries that they will never be able to speak to each other after this.
(d) She worries that she may have given in to him after a drink.
4. How does Pamela feel towards Mr. B in Section 8 after overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jewkes' conversation?
(a) She wants to have nothing more to do with him.
(b) She doesn't trust him.
(c) She is too inclined in Mr. B's favor and wishes she was of the right social class for him.
(d) She is confused.
5. When Pamela becomes aware of this source of opposition to her marriage, why is she very worried?
(a) Because of the impact on her father.
(b) Because she hopes that everyone will be supportive.
(c) Because she doesn't want any disagreements with Mr. B and this person.
(d) Because of the negative impact it will have on Mr. B's relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
2. How is Pamela treated by the person who accompanies Lady Davers?
3. As Mr. B and Pamela become increasingly open in their discussions of their future, what does Mr. B reveal to Pamela about the sham marriage of which she read accidentally?
4. As the first altercation between Pamela and Lady Davers escalates, how does Pamela get away from Lady Davers to meet her husband?
5. Who delivers the letter from Mr. B to Pamela while she is at the inn on her way home from Lincolnshire?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)