|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pamela respond to Mr. B's proposition and the articles contained in it?
(a) She accepts them but asks for two to be changed.
(b) She writes rejecting him and asking him to reconsider before ruining her.
(c) She asks to discuss the matter with her father.
(d) She asks for time to consider.
2. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At a farmhouse.
(b) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(c) At Williams' house.
(d) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
3. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
(a) He praises her.
(b) He calls her childish and simple.
(c) He chastises her for neglecting the household duties.
(d) He chastises her for neglecting his mother.
4. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Lady Davers.
5. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
(a) Lady Davers.
(b) Mr. Williams.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
2. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
3. When Pamela, Mr. B, and Mr. Andrews go out for an airing in the coach, what is the effect of Pamela's appearance on Mr. Andrews?
4. As the marriage between Mr. B and Pamela looms and then becomes reality, which character continues to worry that Pamela will treat him / her badly because of past wrongs done to Pamela?
5. Apart from the gentry and Mr. Andrews, which other person visits Mr. B and Pamela shortly before the wedding?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)