|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
(a) She writes him a letter begging him not to see her.
(b) She asks a clergyman to warn Mr. B about approaching her.
(c) She asks Mrs. Jewkes to tell him she wishes to be left alone.
(d) She asks Mr. Longman to speak to Mr. B.
2. How does Mr. B try to convince Pamela that he will be faithful and true?
(a) He repeatedly promises her never to be unkind again.
(b) He tries to fulfill her wishes, he encourages Pamela to write to her parents, he sends them a gift, and gives Pamela money to disperse amongst the servants.
(c) He swears that he will always make her happy.
(d) He gives her everything she asks for.
3. At the beginning of Section 10 when everyone becomes interested in seeing Pamela, which members of the gentry visit Pamela and Mr. B?
(a) Mr Coulbrand and Sir Simon.
(b) Sir Simon's family, Mr. Peters, his wife and niece, and Lady Jones and her sister-in-law .
(c) Lady Davers. Jackey and the entourage.
(d) Lady Jones and her sister-in-law.
4. How does Mr. B react when he hears that the reason for Pamela's late arrival at tea is the behavior of Lady Davers?
(a) He sends for Lady Davers.
(b) He leaves to confront Lady Davers.
(c) He apologizes and becomes angry with Lady Davers.
(d) He explains to Pamela that nothing must make her late for such engagements.
5. As Mrs. Jewkes expresses her fears about how Pamela will treat her after being married to Mr. B, how does Pamela show her virtuous nature towards Mrs. Jewkes?
(a) She promises to pray for her.
(b) She promises that she will hold no grudges.
(c) She promises that they will be friends.
(d) She promises to help her find work elsewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings towards Pamela has Mr. B displayed after she reacts to overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jeweks' conversation in Section 8?
2. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
3. How are Pamela's chastity and innocence demonstrated after her marriage?
4. During an airing in the chariot, what impresses Pamela about Mr. B?
5. What causes the first confrontation between Pamela and Lady Davers, when Lady Davers arrives?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)