|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the articles contained in Mr. B's proposition to Pamela, where will Pamela's property be located?
2. Pamela's worries about Mr. B's safety and about what he might have heard from Mrs. Jewkes about Pamela, suggest that she has mixed feelings about Mr. B even though he has been so brutal to her; which of the following literary devices is exemplified in this situation?
3. How does Pamela feel towards Mr. B in Section 8 after overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jewkes' conversation?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She doesn't trust him.
(c) She is too inclined in Mr. B's favor and wishes she was of the right social class for him.
(d) She wants to have nothing more to do with him.
4. Which of the following words best describe the attitude reflected in Mr. B's proposition and in the articles that he presents to Pamela?
(a) Penitence, reflection and regret.
(b) Pride, generosity and concern.
(c) Humility, generosity and self-confidence.
(d) Pride, arrogance and disrespect.
5. What concern has brought Pamela's father to visit in Section 10?
(a) That she will not be able to fit in.
(b) That she has been betrayed.
(c) That she is in danger with Mr. B.
(d) That Mr. B will not follow through with the plan to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reference does Mr. B make to Mr. Williams in one of the articles contained in his proposition to Pamela?
2. According to Mr. B, how would a sham marriage have worked against him?
3. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
4. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
5. How does Mr. B try to convince Pamela that he will be faithful and true?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)