|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the members of the gentry show support for the pending marriage?
(a) They ask the couple to join them for drinks after the ceremony.
(b) They ask that the wedding be held at the church so more people can attend.
(c) They offer to prepare Pamela for her marriage.
(d) They ask to attend and to have a ball afterwards.
2. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is manipulative.
(b) He is dishonest.
(c) He is obstinate.
(d) He is insincere.
3. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
(a) He wants to take her out of Mr. B's reach.
(b) He proposes an appeal to Mr. B's sister, Lady Davers.
(c) He proposes marriage.
(d) He proposes a visit to the clergyman.
4. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
(a) Of stealing.
(b) Of neglecting her duties.
(c) Of lying.
(d) Of being useless and artful.
5. After this incident in which the Lady Davers makes her revelation and Mr. B becomes enraged, why is Mr. B angry with Pamela as well as Lady Davers?
(a) He is ashamed of Pamela because what his sister is saying may be true.
(b) He believes that Pamela should have stayed out of the altercation.
(c) He believes Pamela made the situation worse.
(d) He believes that Pamela is stooping too much to Lady Davers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concern has brought Pamela's father to visit in Section 10?
2. Upon hearing that Lady Davers plans to visit, how does Pamela advise Mr. B to respond?
3. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
4. As Mr. B and Pamela become increasingly open in their discussions of their future, what does Mr. B reveal to Pamela about the sham marriage of which she read accidentally?
5. How does Pamela respond to Mr. B's proposition and the articles contained in it?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)