|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Lady Davers reacts negatively to the news of the marriage, what does Mr. B insist that Pamela should do?
(a) He insists that Pamela join them for dinner.
(b) He excuses Pamela from dining with them.
(c) He asks Pamela to speak with Lady Davers privately.
(d) He tells Pamela that she need not have anything to do with his sister.
2. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
(a) He is distresed and acting in a crazy manner.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) He is desperate and depressed.
(d) He is drunk.
3. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
(a) They are anxious to see the simple servant about whom everyone is talking.
(b) They are anxious to see the young woman about whose beauty they have heard.
(c) They try to ridicule her for spreading rumors about Mr. B.
(d) They want to tease and embarrass her.
4. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
(a) He dismisses her.
(b) He appears in his nightgown in Pamela's sleeping quarters.
(c) He threatens to dismiss her.
(d) He chastises her for dressing up like a lady.
5. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
(a) That he does not understand why his feelings for her are so complicated.
(b) That he can no longer be in contact with her.
(c) That he has read Pamela's journal and is touched by her concern when he nearly drowned despite the hardships he has put her through.
(d) That he needs time to sort out his feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Lady Davers on her visit to Mr. B and Pamela following their marriage?
2. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
3. When Mr. B sees Pamela's reaction to him after she overhears his conversation with Mrs. Jewkes, how does Mr. B behave?
4. After returning to Mr. B at Lincolnshire, what happens when Pamela visits Mr. B at the beginning of Section 9?
5. How does Pamela react after she overhears the conversation between Mrs. Jewkes and Mr. B?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)