|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 7 when Mr. B makes his surprising new approach to Pamela, how many articles does Mr. B outline to her?
2. What feelings towards Pamela has Mr. B displayed after she reacts to overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jeweks' conversation in Section 8?
(a) He is angrier than ever.
(b) He treats her badly most of the time.
(c) He vacillates between negative and positive feelings towards Pamela.
(d) His hostility towards her is diminishing.
3. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He considers it an obstacle.
(b) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He considers it insincere.
4. When Mr. B demands Pamela's letters and she presents them to him in the garden, what information contained in her papers brings a significant response from Mr. B?
(a) He is upset that she feels so negatively towards him.
(b) He realizes how badly he has affected her.
(c) He laments her contemplation of suicide.
(d) He is curious that she worried when he almost drowned.
5. Despite the progression of events and discussions leading towards his marriage to Pamela, what lingering concern regarding Mr. Williams does Mr. B express to Pamela?
(a) She might have done something to encourage his proposal.
(b) Mr. Williams might accuse Mr. B of causing his troubles.
(c) She might have damaged her reputation with him.
(d) Mr. Williams might accuse Pamela of causing his troubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pamela overhears a conversation between Mr. B and Mrs. Jewkes in Section 8. What aspect of this conversation causes a change in her attitude to Mr. B?
2. After this incident in which the Lady Davers makes her revelation and Mr. B becomes enraged, why is Mr. B angry with Pamela as well as Lady Davers?
3. When Mr. B asks Pamela what she will do if she is unable to interact with other ladies after they are married, how does Pamela respond?
4. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
5. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)