|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faced with the realization that she is worried about Mr. B's condition, what concern does Pamela have about her response?
(a) She fears that Mr. B will use this against her.
(b) She fears that she has feelings for him.
(c) She wonders why she cannot hate him.
(d) She is annoyed with herself.
2. About what plan devised by Mr. B against Mr. Williams does Pamela accidentally read in a letter from Mr. B?
(a) He plans to cause Mr. Williams to be sued.
(b) He plans to have Mr. Williams lose his house.
(c) He plans to have Mr. Williams imprisoned for debt.
(d) He plans to use his influence to have Mr. Williams dismissed from the Church.
3. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
(a) She mocks her simplicity.
(b) She praises her and speaks of hiring her.
(c) She warns her against trying to seduce Mr. B.
(d) She describes her as incompetent to continue working.
4. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
(a) He dismisses her.
(b) He chastises her for dressing up like a lady.
(c) He threatens to dismiss her.
(d) He appears in his nightgown in Pamela's sleeping quarters.
5. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
(a) He denies any knowledge of her whereabouts.
(b) He says she has already left for home.
(c) He claims to have sent her to wait upon a bishop's wife.
(d) He clams she has gone to Lady Davers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concern has brought Pamela's father to visit in Section 10?
2. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
3. In Section 10, when members of the gentry visit Mr. B and Pamela, what is their reaction to Pamela?
4. What example of reconciliation takes place in Section 10, following conversations between Mr. B and one of his visitors?
5. According to the articles contained in Mr. B's proposition to Pamela, where will Pamela's property be located?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)