|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pamela react to the attempts of the ladies to see her at the dinner party?
(a) She hides in a closet.
(b) She wears a disguise.
(c) She goes out of the house.
(d) She hides in Mrs. Jervis' room.
2. When Mr. B sees Pamela's reaction to him after she overhears his conversation with Mrs. Jewkes, how does Mr. B behave?
(a) He locks himself in the closet.
(b) He leaves in anger.
(c) He dismisses Pamela again.
(d) He apologizes to Pamela.
3. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mr. B.
4. How is Pamela treated by the person who accompanies Lady Davers?
(a) She is called terrible names by both of them.
(b) She is taunted by both and prevented from leaving.
(c) She is physically attacked by one of them.
(d) She is attacked by both until she leaves.
5. What event occurs at the home of Pamela and Mr. B on the morning after the confrontation between Lady Davers and Pamela?
(a) Lady Davers leaves without any word to Pamela and Mr. B.
(b) Lady Davers ignores Pamela and speaks only to Mr. B.
(c) Lady Davers appears in the room of Pamela and Mr. B and is enraged to find them together.
(d) Lady Davers has a quarrel with Mr. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lady Davers reacts negatively to the news of the marriage, what does Mr. B insist that Pamela should do?
2. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
3. What concern has brought Pamela's father to visit in Section 10?
4. During an airing in the chariot, what impresses Pamela about Mr. B?
5. As Pamela discovers her situation with Mrs. Jewkes in Section 5, how does Pamela seek assistance from Mr. Williams?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)