|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13: pages 344-372.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 6, after the news of Mr. B's planned visit to Lincolnshire, Mrs. Jewkes frightens Pamela with information about a new scheme that Mr. B is supposedly planning. What is this scheme?
(a) He plans to give up all responsibility for her.
(b) He plans to send her to Lady Davers.
(c) He plans to marry Pamela to Mr. Colbrand and buy her on her wedding day.
(d) He plans to send her to Kent to work for his friends.
2. Upon hearing that Lady Davers plans to visit, how does Pamela advise Mr. B to respond?
(a) She asks him to keep Lady Davers quiet.
(b) She warns him to keep Lady Davers away from her.
(c) She encourages him to seek the support of his sister.
(d) She urges him to be kind to his sister.
3. In what way does the letter delivered from Mr. B to Pamela at the inn lay the foundation for the climax of the story?
(a) Mr. B states that Pamela will not be allowed back to his estates.
(b) Mr. B begs her to return and promises that he will write asking her father permission to marry her.
(c) Mr. Claims that he will have his way with his proposal of cohabitation.
(d) Mr. B indicates that this will be his last letter as he will marry someone else.
4. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She agrees with their advice.
(b) She promises to be careful.
(c) She dismisses their advice.
(d) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
5. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
(a) He appears in his nightgown in Pamela's sleeping quarters.
(b) He chastises her for dressing up like a lady.
(c) He dismisses her.
(d) He threatens to dismiss her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
2. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
3. According to the articles contained in Mr. B's proposition to Pamela, where will Pamela's property be located?
4. In the series of confrontations that occur with Lady Davers because of her reaction to Pamela's marriage, what important attitude does Mr. B display that will be necessary in a marriage to someone with Pamela's background?
5. In Section 11, which character is clearly opposed to the marriage between Mrs. B and Pamela?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)