|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
(a) She says she will return after Pamela leaves.
(b) She accepts and apologizes.
(c) She promises to think about it.
(d) She refuses because of Mr. B's treatment of Pamela.
2. What reason does Mr. B give for agreeing to let Pamela go home after this incident?
(a) She is too much trouble.
(b) He will be marrying soon.
(c) She is telling lies on him.
(d) He is tired of her hypocrisy.
3. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
(a) She wishes him well for his mother's sake.
(b) She has mixed feelings about him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is determined to take revenge.
4. In a rare outburst, what name does Pamela call Mr. B's ally in making her life difficult?
(c) Agent of the Devil.
(d) Wicked Witch.
5. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
(a) She will be seduced by older men in the neighborhood.
(b) She will not be treated as well as at his house.
(c) She will not have as good a chance of becoming a lady.
(d) She will be ruined by the nephew of Lady Danvers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
2. At the end of Section 5, in an effort to save her virtue, what does Pamela write Mr. B about?
3. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
4. In Section 3, of what does Mr. B accuse Pamela when he sees her dressed up at the dinner party?
5. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)