|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic of the society is made evident in Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B terminates the employment of servants?
(a) The power of the rich over the poor.
(b) The relationship between men and women.
(c) Family relationships.
(d) The attitude of the lower class to the upper class.
2. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
(a) He proposes a visit to the clergyman.
(b) He proposes marriage.
(c) He wants to take her out of Mr. B's reach.
(d) He proposes an appeal to Mr. B's sister, Lady Davers.
3. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They curse her for giving Mr. B a bad name.
(c) They are happy to see her go.
(d) They mourn at her departure.
4. What relation is Lady Davers to Mr. B?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
5. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
(a) Mr. B's advances.
(b) The death of Pamela's lady.
(c) The loss of Pamela's job.
(d) Mr. B's gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
2. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
3. What reason does Mr. B give for agreeing to let Pamela go home after this incident?
4. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
5. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)