|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pamela respond to her parents' advice?
(a) She defends Mr. B against accusations.
(b) She dismisses their advice.
(c) She agrees with their advice.
(d) She promises to be careful.
2. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
(a) By making sure that the other servants receive gifts also.
(b) By making Mrs. Jervis go with him.
(c) By having Lady Danvers join him.
(d) By making Mrs. Jervis give her.
3. After being confronted by Pamela, what does Robin do about his assistance to Mr. B and his scheme against Pamela?
(a) He promises to stop helping Mr. B.
(b) He explains that he has no choice but to help Mr. B.
(c) He apologizes.
(d) He tells Pamela that he will make it up to her by helping her.
4. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
(a) Of neglecting her duties.
(b) Of stealing.
(c) Of being useless and artful.
(d) Of lying.
5. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(b) He considers it insincere.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He considers it an obstacle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
2. In what century was "Pamela" written?
3. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
4. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
5. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)