|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(b) Four guineas.
(c) To pay her way home.
(d) A job in his sister's house.
2. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He considers it an obstacle.
(b) He considers it insincere.
(c) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(d) He respects it.
3. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At a farmhouse.
(b) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(c) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(d) At Williams' house.
4. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(b) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
(c) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
(d) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
5. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
(a) He chastises her for neglecting the household duties.
(b) He calls her childish and simple.
(c) He chastises her for neglecting his mother.
(d) He praises her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
2. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
3. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
4. As Pamela discovers her situation with Mrs. Jewkes in Section 5, how does Pamela seek assistance from Mr. Williams?
5. What reason does Mr. B give for agreeing to let Pamela go home after this incident?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)