|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the response of Pamela's parents to her first letter?
(a) They advise her to come home.
(b) They advise her to confide in one of the older servants.
(c) They warn her to be careful of Mr. B.
(d) They advise her to confide in Lady Davers.
2. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) To prevent her from having to work for him.
(b) To provide her with security.
(c) To end his responsibility for her.
(d) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
3. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) Four guineas.
(c) A job in his sister's house.
(d) To pay her way home.
4. What relation is Lady Davers to Mr. B?
(a) His sister-in-law.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His aunt.
5. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
(a) He chastises her for neglecting his mother.
(b) He calls her childish and simple.
(c) He chastises her for neglecting the household duties.
(d) He praises her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
2. What characteristic of the society is made evident in Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B terminates the employment of servants?
3. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
4. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
5. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)