|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They curse her for giving Mr. B a bad name.
(c) They mourn at her departure.
(d) They are happy to see her go.
2. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
(a) He mocks it and predicts that someone will have it.
(b) He considers it an obstacle.
(c) He respects it.
(d) He considers it insincere.
3. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
(a) They are anxious to see the simple servant about whom everyone is talking.
(b) They want to tease and embarrass her.
(c) They try to ridicule her for spreading rumors about Mr. B.
(d) They are anxious to see the young woman about whose beauty they have heard.
4. How does Mr. B try to get rid of Pamela after the dinner party?
(a) He suggests that she should go into service at the home of Lady Danvers.
(b) He threatens to send her home.
(c) He threatens to send her to a home for young women.
(d) He suggests that she should go to work at the church.
5. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
(a) He chastises her for dressing up like a lady.
(b) He appears in his nightgown in Pamela's sleeping quarters.
(c) He dismisses her.
(d) He threatens to dismiss her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic of the society is made evident in Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B terminates the employment of servants?
2. In a rare outburst, what name does Pamela call Mr. B's ally in making her life difficult?
3. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
4. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
5. After being confronted by Pamela, what does Robin do about his assistance to Mr. B and his scheme against Pamela?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)