|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
(a) She has mixed feelings about him.
(b) She is determined to take revenge.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She wishes him well for his mother's sake.
2. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) To end his responsibility for her.
(b) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
(c) To provide her with security.
(d) To prevent her from having to work for him.
3. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
(a) Mr. B's advances.
(b) The death of Pamela's lady.
(c) The loss of Pamela's job.
(d) Mr. B's gift.
4. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
(a) She will not be treated as well as at his house.
(b) She will be seduced by older men in the neighborhood.
(c) She will not have as good a chance of becoming a lady.
(d) She will be ruined by the nephew of Lady Danvers.
5. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is insincere.
(b) He is obstinate.
(c) He is manipulative.
(d) He is dishonest.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Section 5, in an effort to save her virtue, what does Pamela write Mr. B about?
2. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
3. As Pamela discovers her situation with Mrs. Jewkes in Section 5, how does Pamela seek assistance from Mr. Williams?
4. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
5. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)