|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Section 3 begins, what is the reaction of Mr. B's dinner party guests to the rumors about Pamela?
(a) They try to ridicule her for spreading rumors about Mr. B.
(b) They are anxious to see the simple servant about whom everyone is talking.
(c) They want to tease and embarrass her.
(d) They are anxious to see the young woman about whose beauty they have heard.
2. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
(a) She asks Mrs. Jewkes to tell him she wishes to be left alone.
(b) She writes him a letter begging him not to see her.
(c) She asks Mr. Longman to speak to Mr. B.
(d) She asks a clergyman to warn Mr. B about approaching her.
3. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
(a) Mr. Williams no longer wants to help her.
(b) The death of Mr. Williams' colleague.
(c) Mr. B forbids Mr. Williams to help her.
(d) Mr. Andrews asks Mr. Williams to stay out of the situation.
4. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
(a) So she can go home.
(b) Because she is not interested in clothes
(c) So she can send money for her parents.
(d) Because she wants to save for the future.
5. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes.
(b) Mrs. Jervis.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
2. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
3. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
4. At the beginning of Section 2, when Mr. B wants to give Pamela the gift of clothes, how does he try to gain her trust?
5. By the end of Section 1, Pamela is established as the main character pursuing a goal and Mr. B as the character who is presenting obstacles to her accomplishing her goal. Which of the following pair of words best describes these two roles?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)