|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
(a) Because she wants to save for the future.
(b) Because she is not interested in clothes
(c) So she can send money for her parents.
(d) So she can go home.
2. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Mrs. Jervis.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. B.
3. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At Williams' house.
(b) At a farmhouse.
(c) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(d) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
4. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
(a) Coming of age.
(d) Novel of manners.
5. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
(a) To send her letters to her parents and pray for her.
(b) To appeal to Mr. B on her behalf.
(c) To send back her letters.
(d) To pray for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pamela learn through a letter from Mr. Williams about the gentry and their attitude toward her situation?
2. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
3. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
4. After the dinner party when Mr. B disguises himself, what is Mr. B's response to Mrs. Jervis?
5. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)