|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what century was "Pamela" written?
(a) The seventeenth.
(b) The eighteenth.
(c) The sixteenth.
(d) The nineteenth.
2. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
(a) Her father should come to take her.
(b) No one must accompany her.
(c) Mrs. Jervis must accompany her.
(d) She must be taken directly home.
3. In Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B agrees to let Pamela go home, what is Pamela's attitude toward Mr. B?
(a) She wishes him well for his mother's sake.
(b) She is determined to take revenge.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She has mixed feelings about him.
4. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
(a) He claims that Pamela is to blame for them.
(b) He claims that Pamela misunderstood his intentions.
(c) He denies that they were serious.
(d) He claims that they did not occur.
5. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
(a) Of lying.
(b) Of stealing.
(c) Of neglecting her duties.
(d) Of being useless and artful.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
2. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
3. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
4. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
5. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)