|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(b) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(c) At Williams' house.
(d) At a farmhouse.
2. How does Mr. B deal with the incident in which Pamela runs to her room and lies on the floor?
(a) He tells Mrs. Jervis to take Pamela to her sleep in her room.
(b) He summons Mrs. Jervis and accuses Pamela of sullying his reputation when his advances were only in jest.
(c) He accuses Pamela of being a liar.
(d) He threatens to dismiss Pamela and Mrs. Jervis.
3. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is dishonest.
(b) He is insincere.
(c) He is obstinate.
(d) He is manipulative.
4. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
(a) He chastises her for neglecting the household duties.
(b) He calls her childish and simple.
(c) He chastises her for neglecting his mother.
(d) He praises her.
5. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
(c) Novel of manners.
(d) Coming of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Davers respond to Pamela when she visits?
2. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
3. As Pamela discovers her situation with Mrs. Jewkes in Section 5, how does Pamela seek assistance from Mr. Williams?
4. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
5. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)