|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
(a) Lady Davers.
(b) Mrs. Jervis.
(c) Mrs. Jewkes.
2. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He attacks her.
(c) He kisses and gropes her.
(d) He ignores her.
3. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
(a) He claims that Pamela misunderstood his intentions.
(b) He denies that they were serious.
(c) He claims that Pamela is to blame for them.
(d) He claims that they did not occur.
4. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Lady Davers.
5. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) To pay her way home.
(b) A job in his sister's house.
(d) Four guineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic of the society is made evident in Section 3 of the novel when Mr. B terminates the employment of servants?
2. At the end of Section 5, in an effort to save her virtue, what does Pamela write Mr. B about?
3. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
4. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
5. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)