Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5: pages 110-134.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Section 1, it is evident that the author is making use of the epistolary style of writing. To what does this refer?
(a) The exchange of letters between the characters.
(b) The pastoral setting in which the action takes place.
(c) The many biblical allusions.
(d) The relationships between different social classes.
2. When given the opportunity to apologize for her insolence and continue working, what does Mrs. Jervis do?
(a) She says she will return after Pamela leaves.
(b) She promises to think about it.
(c) She refuses because of Mr. B's treatment of Pamela.
(d) She accepts and apologizes.
3. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
(a) She rejects it until she can see her parents.
(b) She dismisses it altogether.
(c) She agrees.
(d) She rejects the idea unless Mr. B consents.
4. Following the dinner party incidents, what does Mr. B do to Pamela?
(a) He appears in his nightgown in Pamela's sleeping quarters.
(b) He threatens to dismiss her.
(c) He chastises her for dressing up like a lady.
(d) He dismisses her.
5. What relation is Lady Davers to Mr. B?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His sister.
(d) His sister-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the alternative title of the novel?
2. After the dinner party when Mr B disguises himself and frightens Pamela, how does she react?
3. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
4. What attitude does Mr. B show towards Pamela's virtue in Section 3 as she prepares to go home?
5. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)