|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 219-242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a rare outburst, what name does Pamela call Mr. B's ally in making her life difficult?
(c) Wicked Witch.
(d) Agent of the Devil.
2. Which of the following terms best describes the section of the novel that occurs when Mr. B declares his love for Pamela and his desire to marry her?
(a) Falling action.
(b) Rising action.
(d) Climax or turning point.
3. Which of the following words best describe the attitude reflected in Mr. B's proposition and in the articles that he presents to Pamela?
(a) Pride, arrogance and disrespect.
(b) Penitence, reflection and regret.
(c) Pride, generosity and concern.
(d) Humility, generosity and self-confidence.
4. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mr. B.
5. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At a farmhouse.
(b) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(c) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(d) At Williams' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mrs. Jewkes expresses her fears about how Pamela will treat her after being married to Mr. B, how does Pamela show her virtuous nature towards Mrs. Jewkes?
2. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
3. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
4. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
5. According to Mr. B, how would a sham marriage have worked against him?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)