|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 219-242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
(a) They curse her for giving Mr. B a bad name.
(b) They are happy to see her go.
(c) They mourn at her departure.
(d) They are indifferent.
2. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
(b) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
(c) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(d) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
3. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
(a) She asks Mrs. Jewkes to tell him she wishes to be left alone.
(b) She writes him a letter begging him not to see her.
(c) She asks a clergyman to warn Mr. B about approaching her.
(d) She asks Mr. Longman to speak to Mr. B.
4. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
(a) She can go home as long as she returns once per month.
(b) He agrees that she can contact Mr. Williams.
(c) He agrees to lessen her restraints and allow her to write to her parents as long as he can see the letters first.
(d) She can be free of Mrs. Jewkes directions.
5. After Mr. B ignores Pamela for some time during his visit to Lincolnshire, what surprising turn of events occurs?
(a) He encourages her to contact Mr. Williams.
(b) Mr. B asks her to be his mistress.
(c) He asks her to be his wife.
(d) Mr. B visits Pamela and commands her to dine with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
2. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
3. What reference does Mr. B make to Mr. Williams in one of the articles contained in his proposition to Pamela?
4. Despite the progression of events and discussions leading towards his marriage to Pamela, what lingering concern regarding Mr. Williams does Mr. B express to Pamela?
5. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)