|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 219-242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reference does Mr. B make to Mr. Williams in one of the articles contained in his proposition to Pamela?
(a) He wants Pamela to write to the Church complaining about the actions of Mr. Williams.
(b) He wants Pamela to give details about all the discussions between Pamela and Mr. Williams.
(c) He wants an assurance that Mr. Williams had no encouragement from Pamela.
(d) He wants Pamela to have no contact with Mr. Williams.
2. According to the articles contained in Mr. B's proposition to Pamela, where will Pamela's property be located?
3. What does Pamela learn through a letter from Mr. Williams about the gentry and their attitude toward her situation?
(a) They are willing to help her.
(b) They regret her situation but are unwilling to anger Mr. B by helping her.
(c) They consider her an outsider.
(d) They are sorry for her.
4. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
(a) He wants to take her out of Mr. B's reach.
(b) He proposes a visit to the clergyman.
(c) He proposes an appeal to Mr. B's sister, Lady Davers.
(d) He proposes marriage.
5. As Mr. B and Pamela become increasingly open in their discussions of their future, what does Mr. B reveal to Pamela about the sham marriage of which she read accidentally?
(a) He denies it completely.
(b) He chastises her for believing such nonsense.
(c) He admits that he considered it.
(d) He claims he knew nothing of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. B react to Pamela after she responds to his proposition and the articles he proposed in it?
2. Which of the following words best describe the attitude reflected in Mr. B's proposition and in the articles that he presents to Pamela?
3. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
4. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
5. Despite the progression of events and discussions leading towards his marriage to Pamela, what lingering concern regarding Mr. Williams does Mr. B express to Pamela?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)