|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 219-242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following literary devices is used by the author when he creates a situation in which Mrs. Jewkes is to become Pamela's servant, following Mrs. Jewkes' evil treatment of Pamela?
2. When Mr. B asks Pamela what she will do if she is unable to interact with other ladies after they are married, how does Pamela respond?
(a) She will spend her time with the Church.
(b) She says she will do accounting and cooking, play cards, read, write and remember her duty to God.
(c) She will sew, knit and cook.
(d) She will do accounting and social work.
3. After being confronted by Pamela, what does Robin do about his assistance to Mr. B and his scheme against Pamela?
(a) He tells Pamela that he will make it up to her by helping her.
(b) He promises to stop helping Mr. B.
(c) He explains that he has no choice but to help Mr. B.
(d) He apologizes.
4. To whom does Pamela write a letter referring to what Mr. Williams proposes?
(a) Mr. B.
(b) Mrs. Jervis.
(c) Mrs. Jewkes.
(d) Her father.
5. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
(a) She will not be treated as well as at his house.
(b) She will be seduced by older men in the neighborhood.
(c) She will be ruined by the nephew of Lady Danvers.
(d) She will not have as good a chance of becoming a lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
2. What disagreement do Pamela and Mr. B have in the early stages of planning their marriage?
3. According to the articles contained in Mr. B's proposition to Pamela, where will Pamela's property be located?
4. In Section 7 when Mr. B makes his surprising new approach to Pamela, how many articles does Mr. B outline to her?
5. After Mr. B ignores Pamela for some time during his visit to Lincolnshire, what surprising turn of events occurs?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)