|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 219-242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is dishonest.
(b) He is insincere.
(c) He is obstinate.
(d) He is manipulative.
2. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes has been reading her letters and reporting to Mr. B.
(b) Robin has been reading her letters and reporting to Mr. B.
(c) Jonathan the messenger who delivers her letters to her parents, is employed to Mr. B who has been reading them.
(d) Mrs. Jervis has been intercepting her letters for Mr. B.
3. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
(a) She dismisses it altogether.
(b) She rejects the idea unless Mr. B consents.
(c) She rejects it until she can see her parents.
(d) She agrees.
4. What disagreement do Pamela and Mr. B have in the early stages of planning their marriage?
(a) He wants to marry privately and she wants to marry in a church.
(b) He wants to marry quickly and she wants to wait.
(c) She wants to marry privately and he wants to marry in a church.
(d) He wants a big wedding with the gentry presnt and she is too shy for this.
5. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
(a) He says her virtue is important to her future.
(b) He says virtue is more important than life.
(c) He says virtue is of great importance.
(d) He says virtue is important if she wants a good husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
2. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
3. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
4. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
5. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)