|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 219-242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mrs. Jewkes expresses her fears about how Pamela will treat her after being married to Mr. B, how does Pamela show her virtuous nature towards Mrs. Jewkes?
(a) She promises that she will hold no grudges.
(b) She promises that they will be friends.
(c) She promises to pray for her.
(d) She promises to help her find work elsewhere.
2. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is insincere.
(b) He is manipulative.
(c) He is dishonest.
(d) He is obstinate.
3. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
(a) His threat to dismiss her.
(b) His promise to keep her on as a maid.
(c) The offer of employment by Lady Danvers.
(d) His attempt to kiss her.
4. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
(a) That she must wait for Mrs. Jervis to go with her.
(b) That she must wait for her father to come and take her.
(c) That she must finish the waistcoat she has been making for him.
(d) That she must await Jonathan to take her.
5. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) To end his responsibility for her.
(b) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
(c) To prevent her from having to work for him.
(d) To provide her with security.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
2. After returning to Mr. B at Lincolnshire, what happens when Pamela visits Mr. B at the beginning of Section 9?
3. After failing to help Pamela escape, Mr. Williams writes to her introducing a different subject. What is the subject?
4. At the end of Section 7, it is evident that Mr. B has contradictory feelings about Pamela. How does he communicate these feelings to Pamela?
5. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)