|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 219-242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
(a) That she must await Jonathan to take her.
(b) That she must finish the waistcoat she has been making for him.
(c) That she must wait for her father to come and take her.
(d) That she must wait for Mrs. Jervis to go with her.
2. In a rare outburst, what name does Pamela call Mr. B's ally in making her life difficult?
(c) Agent of the Devil.
(d) Wicked Witch.
3. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
(a) That she must be kept there until her father comes for her.
(b) That he means to save her from a dangerous love affair.
(c) That she needs to be kept there until Mr. B can join her.
(d) That she will be met there by Mrs. Jewkes who will go with her to Bedfordshire.
4. How does Mr. B react to Pamela after she responds to his proposition and the articles he proposed in it?
(a) He withdraws the articles and proposes marriage.
(b) He goes away and discontinues the discussion.
(c) He pledges to improve his offer because he cannot live without her.
(d) He makes the amendments she requests.
5. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
(a) No one must accompany her.
(b) Mrs. Jervis must accompany her.
(c) Her father should come to take her.
(d) She must be taken directly home.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
2. As Mr. B and Pamela contemplate marriage and continue to discuss details concerning their situation, what does Pamela worry about?
3. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
4. Despite the progression of events and discussions leading towards his marriage to Pamela, what lingering concern regarding Mr. Williams does Mr. B express to Pamela?
5. What reference does Mr. B make to Mr. Williams in one of the articles contained in his proposition to Pamela?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)