|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 219-242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reference to marriage does Mr. B include in the articles that he sets out in his proposition to Pamela?
(a) He will review the possibility of marrying her after two years.
(b) There is no reference to marriage
(c) He will marry her after twelve months of cohabitation if her good behavior continues.
(d) He will marry her after she has a child.
2. About what does Mr. B write to Pamela while she is waiting to go home in Section 5?
(a) He tells her to be careful of the clergyman.
(b) He writes begging Pamela to see him.
(c) He tells her he is sorry for his poor behavior.
(d) He tells her to pay attention to the guidance of Mrs. Jewkes.
3. At the end of Section 7, it is evident that Mr. B has contradictory feelings about Pamela. How does he communicate these feelings to Pamela?
(a) He wants to be with her but his social status forbids this.
(b) He has already comitted to someone but he cannot do without Pamela.
(c) He praises Pamela but confesses he cannot stand the thought of marriage nor the thought of her marrying another man.
(d) He cannot marry her but he loves her.
4. According to the articles contained in Mr. B's proposition to Pamela, where will Pamela's property be located?
5. At the end of Section 2, what is the reaction of the other servants to Pamela's departure from Mr. B's estate?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They mourn at her departure.
(c) They are happy to see her go.
(d) They curse her for giving Mr. B a bad name.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. B react to Pamela after she responds to his proposition and the articles he proposed in it?
2. When Mr. B asks Pamela what she will do if she is unable to interact with other ladies after they are married, how does Pamela respond?
3. How does Pamela seek to contribute to collaborating with Mr. Williams to arrange her escape?
4. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
5. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)