|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 219-242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pamela wish that Mr. B would give her money instead of nice clothes?
(a) Because she is not interested in clothes
(b) So she can go home.
(c) So she can send money for her parents.
(d) Because she wants to save for the future.
2. How does Pamela respond to Mr. B's proposition and the articles contained in it?
(a) She accepts them but asks for two to be changed.
(b) She asks for time to consider.
(c) She asks to discuss the matter with her father.
(d) She writes rejecting him and asking him to reconsider before ruining her.
3. What explanation does Mr. B offer for not wanting Pamela to go to work for Lady Davers?
(a) She will be seduced by older men in the neighborhood.
(b) She will be ruined by the nephew of Lady Danvers.
(c) She will not be treated as well as at his house.
(d) She will not have as good a chance of becoming a lady.
4. After Mr. B ignores Pamela for some time during his visit to Lincolnshire, what surprising turn of events occurs?
(a) Mr. B visits Pamela and commands her to dine with him.
(b) Mr. B asks her to be his mistress.
(c) He encourages her to contact Mr. Williams.
(d) He asks her to be his wife.
5. What is Pamela's response to the idea proposed by Mr. Williams?
(a) She rejects it until she can see her parents.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She dismisses it altogether.
(d) She rejects the idea unless Mr. B consents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following literary devices is used by the author when he creates a situation in which Mrs. Jewkes is to become Pamela's servant, following Mrs. Jewkes' evil treatment of Pamela?
2. Which of the following terms best describes the section of the novel that occurs when Mr. B declares his love for Pamela and his desire to marry her?
3. How does Mr. B react to Pamela after she responds to his proposition and the articles he proposed in it?
4. What incident that occurs in Section 2, does Mr. B ask Pamela to keep a secret?
5. According to the articles contained in Mr. B's proposition to Pamela, where will Pamela's property be located?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)