|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 219-242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mr. B makes his new approach to Pamela, what are the financial arrangements outlined in the articles of his proposition?
(a) He will pay Pamela a stipend each month.
(b) He will give her five hundred guineas.
(c) He will contribute to paying off the debts of Pamela's parents.
(d) He will pay Pamela's father a fixed sum to cover Pamela's expenses.
2. In Section 2, after Mr. B returns from a two week absence, of what does he accuse Pamela?
(a) Of lying.
(b) Of neglecting her duties.
(c) Of being useless and artful.
(d) Of stealing.
3. In whom does Pamela confide about the incident with Mr. B?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes.
(b) Lady Davers.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
4. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
(a) Her father should come to take her.
(b) No one must accompany her.
(c) She must be taken directly home.
(d) Mrs. Jervis must accompany her.
5. How does Mr. B try to encourage Pamela to keep the incident a secret?
(a) He promises to give her a higher place in the household.
(b) He offers her new clothes.
(c) He offers her a holiday.
(d) He offers her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Section 5, in an effort to save her virtue, what does Pamela write Mr. B about?
2. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
3. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
4. As Mr. B and Pamela contemplate marriage and continue to discuss details concerning their situation, what does Pamela worry about?
5. How does Mr. B react to Pamela after she responds to his proposition and the articles he proposed in it?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)