Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9: pages 219-242.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. B decides to send Pamela home, what excuse does he use to delay her departure?
(a) That she must wait for Mrs. Jervis to go with her.
(b) That she must await Jonathan to take her.
(c) That she must finish the waistcoat she has been making for him.
(d) That she must wait for her father to come and take her.
2. Throughout Section 5, when Pamela's movements are restricted and monitored, which character is Mr. B's chief ally?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes.
(b) Lady Davers.
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mr. Williams.
3. What disagreement do Pamela and Mr. B have in the early stages of planning their marriage?
(a) He wants to marry privately and she wants to marry in a church.
(b) He wants a big wedding with the gentry presnt and she is too shy for this.
(c) She wants to marry privately and he wants to marry in a church.
(d) He wants to marry quickly and she wants to wait.
4. Upon hearing the response of the gentry toward her plight, what does Pamela ask Mr. Williams to do to help her?
(a) To send back her letters.
(b) To send her letters to her parents and pray for her.
(c) To appeal to Mr. B on her behalf.
(d) To pray for her.
5. How does Mr. B make things worse with Pamela after his return?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He attacks her.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He kisses and gropes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pamela's father, how important is it for Pamela to maintain her virtue?
2. What event leads Pamela to plot her own escape?
3. In Section 7 after his failed proposition and his failed attempt to seduce Pamela, what concessions does Mr. B make to allow Pamela more freedom?
4. At the end of Section 5, in an effort to save her virtue, what does Pamela write Mr. B about?
5. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)