|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the first altercation between Pamela and Lady Davers escalates, how does Pamela get away from Lady Davers to meet her husband?
(a) She pushes Lady Davers out of her way.
(b) She calls for Mrs. Jewkes to help her.
(c) She escapes through a window.
(d) She calls Jonathan to help her.
2. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
(a) Her management of the servants.
(b) Her involvement with other families.
(c) Routine domestic arrangements including dress and hours for eating and sleeping.
(d) Her letter-writing.
3. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
(b) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
(c) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(d) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
4. How is Pamela treated by the person who accompanies Lady Davers?
(a) She is physically attacked by one of them.
(b) She is called terrible names by both of them.
(c) She is taunted by both and prevented from leaving.
(d) She is attacked by both until she leaves.
5. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
(a) He claims that Pamela misunderstood his intentions.
(b) He claims that Pamela is to blame for them.
(c) He claims that they did not occur.
(d) He denies that they were serious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
2. How does Mr. B react when he hears that the reason for Pamela's late arrival at tea is the behavior of Lady Davers?
3. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
4. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
5. As Mr B. and Pamela settle down into marriage and Mr. B makes various business arrangements, what news does Mr. B give Pamela that makes her exceptionally happy?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)