|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pamela arrives for tea at Mr. Simons and relates the incident with Lady Davers, how do Sir Simon's guests respond to Pamela?
(a) They are distant.
(b) They question her about her past.
(c) Everyone praises her.
(d) They are polite but aloof.
2. As Mr B. and Pamela settle down into marriage and Mr. B makes various business arrangements, what news does Mr. B give Pamela that makes her exceptionally happy?
(a) He plans to move her parents in with them.
(b) He plans to get her a guide to help her deal with all the social responsibilities.
(c) He plans to place her parents at his Kentish estate and to give her money for charity.
(d) He plans to get her a position with the church.
3. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is desperate and depressed.
(d) He is distresed and acting in a crazy manner.
4. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is obstinate.
(b) He is insincere.
(c) He is dishonest.
(d) He is manipulative.
5. How does Pamela react after she overhears the conversation between Mrs. Jewkes and Mr. B?
(a) She is angry with Mrs. Jewkes.
(b) She storms out and goes home.
(c) She angrily attacks Mr. B.
(d) She falls to her knees and thanks Mr. B.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
2. What causes the first confrontation between Pamela and Lady Davers, when Lady Davers arrives?
3. Following the tea at Sir Simon's what happens when Mr. B and Pamela return home?
4. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
5. After the discussion of the incident involving Lady Davers and Pamela, how do the guests of Sir Simon pass the time?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)