|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her marriage, how does the author provide humor when Pamela tries to write Mrs. Jervis about her reinstatement?
(a) He refers to Pamela not knowing how to sign her new name.
(b) He makes humorous comments about the servants.
(c) He makes humorous comments about the gentry.
(d) He refers to Mr. B making jokes with Pamela.
2. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
(a) She writes to Sir Simon.
(b) She write to Mr. Longman.
(c) She asks Mrs Jewkes to help her.
(d) She identifies a sober clergyman whom she trusts to help her.
3. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
(a) He denies that they were serious.
(b) He claims that they did not occur.
(c) He claims that Pamela misunderstood his intentions.
(d) He claims that Pamela is to blame for them.
4. Who accompanies Lady Davers on her visit to Mr. B and Pamela following their marriage?
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
5. As a result of the altercation with Lady Davers, Pamela is late to meet Mr. B at tea with Mr. Simons. How does Mr. B react when Pamela arrives late?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He is angry and treats his wife coldly.
(c) He demands an explanation.
(d) He greets her warmly.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
2. Pamela overhears a conversation between Mr. B and Mrs. Jewkes in Section 8. What aspect of this conversation causes a change in her attitude to Mr. B?
3. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
4. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
5. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)