|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivers the letter from Mr. B to Pamela while she is at the inn on her way home from Lincolnshire?
(a) Mr. Robert.
(b) Mr. Colbrand.
(c) Mr. B's groom.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
2. Who accompanies Lady Davers on her visit to Mr. B and Pamela following their marriage?
(c) Mrs. Jervis.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
3. After being confronted by Pamela, what does Robin do about his assistance to Mr. B and his scheme against Pamela?
(a) He promises to stop helping Mr. B.
(b) He apologizes.
(c) He tells Pamela that he will make it up to her by helping her.
(d) He explains that he has no choice but to help Mr. B.
4. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
(b) To provide her with security.
(c) To end his responsibility for her.
(d) To prevent her from having to work for him.
5. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
(a) He claims that Pamela misunderstood his intentions.
(b) He claims that they did not occur.
(c) He denies that they were serious.
(d) He claims that Pamela is to blame for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
2. As a result of the altercation with Lady Davers, Pamela is late to meet Mr. B at tea with Mr. Simons. How does Mr. B react when Pamela arrives late?
3. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
4. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
5. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)