|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(b) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
(c) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
(d) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
2. Pamela overhears a conversation between Mr. B and Mrs. Jewkes in Section 8. What aspect of this conversation causes a change in her attitude to Mr. B?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes is appealing to Mr. B to save Pamela from disgrace.
(b) Lady Davers is appealing to Mr. B to make an honest woman of Pamela.
(c) Lady Davers is appealing to Mr. B not to disgrace the family with any further rumors about Pamela and himself.
(d) Mr. B refuses to go along with Mrs. Jewkes' suggestion that he should ruin Pamela.
3. Who delivers the letter from Mr. B to Pamela while she is at the inn on her way home from Lincolnshire?
(a) Mr. Colbrand.
(b) Mr. Robert.
(c) Mrs. Jewkes.
(d) Mr. B's groom.
4. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
(a) No one must accompany her.
(b) Her father should come to take her.
(c) She must be taken directly home.
(d) Mrs. Jervis must accompany her.
5. After Mr. B examines and comments on Pamela's papers during their encounter in the garden, how does the incident end?
(a) Mr. B offers to kiss Pamela but she recalls the sham marriage plan and rejects him, leading to his anger.
(b) Mrs. Jewkes turns up just as they are about to kiss.
(c) Pamela sees a change in him and allows him to kiss her.
(d) Mr. B discovers the true virtue of Pamela and apologizes for everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pamela react after she overhears the conversation between Mrs. Jewkes and Mr. B?
2. How does Mr. B react when he hears that the reason for Pamela's late arrival at tea is the behavior of Lady Davers?
3. When Mr. B sees Pamela's reaction to him after she overhears his conversation with Mrs. Jewkes, how does Mr. B behave?
4. As the first altercation between Pamela and Lady Davers escalates, how does Pamela get away from Lady Davers to meet her husband?
5. Following the tea at Sir Simon's what happens when Mr. B and Pamela return home?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)