|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
(b) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
(c) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(d) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
2. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
(a) She asks Mrs Jewkes to help her.
(b) She writes to Sir Simon.
(c) She write to Mr. Longman.
(d) She identifies a sober clergyman whom she trusts to help her.
3. As Mr B. and Pamela settle down into marriage and Mr. B makes various business arrangements, what news does Mr. B give Pamela that makes her exceptionally happy?
(a) He plans to get her a position with the church.
(b) He plans to move her parents in with them.
(c) He plans to place her parents at his Kentish estate and to give her money for charity.
(d) He plans to get her a guide to help her deal with all the social responsibilities.
4. In Section 8, Pamela again discovers by accident, that Mr. B is devising yet another scheme to have his way with her. Of what does this scheme consist?
(a) He plans to hire an attorney to stage a false marriage between her and Mr. B.
(b) He plans to make arrangements for Pamela's parents to take money for allowing Pamela to live with him.
(c) He plans to sue Mr. Williams for assault.
(d) He plans to marry someone of his own social class.
5. After the discussion of the incident involving Lady Davers and Pamela, how do the guests of Sir Simon pass the time?
(a) Socializing and eating.
(b) Eating and Drinking.
(c) Playing cards and dancing.
(d) Eating, drinking, and reading poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the first altercation between Pamela and Lady Davers escalates, how does Pamela get away from Lady Davers to meet her husband?
2. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
3. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
4. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
5. After being confronted by Pamela, what does Robin do about his assistance to Mr. B and his scheme against Pamela?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)