|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. B sees Pamela's reaction to him after she overhears his conversation with Mrs. Jewkes, how does Mr. B behave?
(a) He locks himself in the closet.
(b) He dismisses Pamela again.
(c) He leaves in anger.
(d) He apologizes to Pamela.
2. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
(a) He denies any knowledge of her whereabouts.
(b) He says she has already left for home.
(c) He clams she has gone to Lady Davers.
(d) He claims to have sent her to wait upon a bishop's wife.
3. When Pamela arrives for tea at Mr. Simons and relates the incident with Lady Davers, how do Sir Simon's guests respond to Pamela?
(a) They question her about her past.
(b) Everyone praises her.
(c) They are distant.
(d) They are polite but aloof.
4. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
(a) That she needs to be kept there until Mr. B can join her.
(b) That she will be met there by Mrs. Jewkes who will go with her to Bedfordshire.
(c) That she must be kept there until her father comes for her.
(d) That he means to save her from a dangerous love affair.
5. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At a farmhouse.
(b) At Williams' house.
(c) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(d) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
2. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
3. Who delivers the letter from Mr. B to Pamela while she is at the inn on her way home from Lincolnshire?
4. After being confronted by Pamela, what does Robin do about his assistance to Mr. B and his scheme against Pamela?
5. How does Pamela feel towards Mr. B in Section 8 after overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jewkes' conversation?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)