|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
(a) No one must accompany her.
(b) She must be taken directly home.
(c) Her father should come to take her.
(d) Mrs. Jervis must accompany her.
2. Who accompanies Lady Davers on her visit to Mr. B and Pamela following their marriage?
(b) Mrs. Jewkes.
(d) Mrs. Jervis.
3. As a result of the altercation with Lady Davers, Pamela is late to meet Mr. B at tea with Mr. Simons. How does Mr. B react when Pamela arrives late?
(a) He demands an explanation.
(b) He is angry and treats his wife coldly.
(c) He greets her warmly.
(d) He ignores her.
4. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
(a) He denies any knowledge of her whereabouts.
(b) He claims to have sent her to wait upon a bishop's wife.
(c) He clams she has gone to Lady Davers.
(d) He says she has already left for home.
5. As the first altercation between Pamela and Lady Davers escalates, how does Pamela get away from Lady Davers to meet her husband?
(a) She escapes through a window.
(b) She calls Jonathan to help her.
(c) She pushes Lady Davers out of her way.
(d) She calls for Mrs. Jewkes to help her.
Short Answer Questions
1. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
2. Following the tea at Sir Simon's what happens when Mr. B and Pamela return home?
3. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
4. How does Pamela feel towards Mr. B in Section 8 after overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jewkes' conversation?
5. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)