|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the altercation with Lady Davers, Pamela is late to meet Mr. B at tea with Mr. Simons. How does Mr. B react when Pamela arrives late?
(a) He greets her warmly.
(b) He demands an explanation.
(c) He is angry and treats his wife coldly.
(d) He ignores her.
2. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(b) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(c) At a farmhouse.
(d) At Williams' house.
3. Pamela overhears a conversation between Mr. B and Mrs. Jewkes in Section 8. What aspect of this conversation causes a change in her attitude to Mr. B?
(a) Lady Davers is appealing to Mr. B not to disgrace the family with any further rumors about Pamela and himself.
(b) Lady Davers is appealing to Mr. B to make an honest woman of Pamela.
(c) Mr. B refuses to go along with Mrs. Jewkes' suggestion that he should ruin Pamela.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes is appealing to Mr. B to save Pamela from disgrace.
4. How does Mr. B react when he hears that the reason for Pamela's late arrival at tea is the behavior of Lady Davers?
(a) He explains to Pamela that nothing must make her late for such engagements.
(b) He sends for Lady Davers.
(c) He apologizes and becomes angry with Lady Davers.
(d) He leaves to confront Lady Davers.
5. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
(a) She asks a clergyman to warn Mr. B about approaching her.
(b) She asks Mr. Longman to speak to Mr. B.
(c) She writes him a letter begging him not to see her.
(d) She asks Mrs. Jewkes to tell him she wishes to be left alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. B sees Pamela's reaction to him after she overhears his conversation with Mrs. Jewkes, how does Mr. B behave?
2. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
3. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
4. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
5. What does Mr. B communicate to the farmer about Pamela?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)