|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is obstinate.
(b) He is dishonest.
(c) He is insincere.
(d) He is manipulative.
2. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
(a) Her letter-writing.
(b) Her management of the servants.
(c) Routine domestic arrangements including dress and hours for eating and sleeping.
(d) Her involvement with other families.
3. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
(b) To end his responsibility for her.
(c) To provide her with security.
(d) To prevent her from having to work for him.
4. When Mr. Andrews arrives looking for Pamela, how does Mr. B explain her absence?
(a) He denies any knowledge of her whereabouts.
(b) He clams she has gone to Lady Davers.
(c) He claims to have sent her to wait upon a bishop's wife.
(d) He says she has already left for home.
5. How is Pamela treated by the person who accompanies Lady Davers?
(a) She is physically attacked by one of them.
(b) She is taunted by both and prevented from leaving.
(c) She is attacked by both until she leaves.
(d) She is called terrible names by both of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
2. After Mr. B examines and comments on Pamela's papers during their encounter in the garden, how does the incident end?
3. As Mr B. and Pamela settle down into marriage and Mr. B makes various business arrangements, what news does Mr. B give Pamela that makes her exceptionally happy?
4. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
5. When Mr. B sees Pamela's reaction to him after she overhears his conversation with Mrs. Jewkes, how does Mr. B behave?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)