|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the tea at Sir Simon's what happens when Mr. B and Pamela return home?
(a) Lady Davers ignores them completely.
(b) Lady Davers is waiting to confront them.
(c) Lady Davers is already in bed.
(d) Lady Davers has already left.
2. When Mr. B sees Pamela's reaction to him after she overhears his conversation with Mrs. Jewkes, how does Mr. B behave?
(a) He locks himself in the closet.
(b) He apologizes to Pamela.
(c) He leaves in anger.
(d) He dismisses Pamela again.
3. What causes the first confrontation between Pamela and Lady Davers, when Lady Davers arrives?
(a) Lady Davers accuses Pamela of having lost her virtue because she refuses to believe they are married.
(b) Pamela accuses Lady Davers of arriving without warning.
(c) Lady Davers accuses Pamela of wanting Mr. B's money.
(d) Lady davers calls Pamela a "wanton hussey".
4. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
(a) He claims that Pamela is to blame for them.
(b) He claims that they did not occur.
(c) He claims that Pamela misunderstood his intentions.
(d) He denies that they were serious.
5. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
(a) She asks Mrs Jewkes to help her.
(b) She writes to Sir Simon.
(c) She write to Mr. Longman.
(d) She identifies a sober clergyman whom she trusts to help her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
2. In Section 4, when Pamela hears of the possibility of Mr. B visiting Lincolnshire, how does she try to end the problems between her and Mr. B?
3. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
4. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
5. Who delivers the letter from Mr. B to Pamela while she is at the inn on her way home from Lincolnshire?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)