|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the altercation with Lady Davers, Pamela is late to meet Mr. B at tea with Mr. Simons. How does Mr. B react when Pamela arrives late?
(a) He greets her warmly.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He is angry and treats his wife coldly.
(d) He demands an explanation.
2. How is Pamela treated by the person who accompanies Lady Davers?
(a) She is attacked by both until she leaves.
(b) She is called terrible names by both of them.
(c) She is taunted by both and prevented from leaving.
(d) She is physically attacked by one of them.
3. Who delivers the letter from Mr. B to Pamela while she is at the inn on her way home from Lincolnshire?
(a) Mr. Robert.
(b) Mr. B's groom.
(c) Mr. Colbrand.
(d) Mrs. Jewkes.
4. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
(b) At a farmhouse.
(c) At Williams' house.
(d) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
5. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
(b) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
(c) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(d) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
2. How does Pamela react after she overhears the conversation between Mrs. Jewkes and Mr. B?
3. After the discussion of the incident involving Lady Davers and Pamela, how do the guests of Sir Simon pass the time?
4. How does Pamela feel towards Mr. B in Section 8 after overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jewkes' conversation?
5. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)