|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mr B. and Pamela settle down into marriage and Mr. B makes various business arrangements, what news does Mr. B give Pamela that makes her exceptionally happy?
(a) He plans to get her a guide to help her deal with all the social responsibilities.
(b) He plans to move her parents in with them.
(c) He plans to place her parents at his Kentish estate and to give her money for charity.
(d) He plans to get her a position with the church.
2. What causes the first confrontation between Pamela and Lady Davers, when Lady Davers arrives?
(a) Pamela accuses Lady Davers of arriving without warning.
(b) Lady Davers accuses Pamela of wanting Mr. B's money.
(c) Lady Davers accuses Pamela of having lost her virtue because she refuses to believe they are married.
(d) Lady davers calls Pamela a "wanton hussey".
3. When Pamela stops at an inn on her way to her parents' home, she receives a letter from Mr. B. What important information does this letter contain?
(a) That he can no longer be in contact with her.
(b) That he needs time to sort out his feelings.
(c) That he has read Pamela's journal and is touched by her concern when he nearly drowned despite the hardships he has put her through.
(d) That he does not understand why his feelings for her are so complicated.
4. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
(a) To end his responsibility for her.
(b) To prevent her from having to work for him.
(c) To provide her with security.
(d) She is too pretty to escape the designs of men.
5. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is insincere.
(b) He is obstinate.
(c) He is manipulative.
(d) He is dishonest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pamela react after she overhears the conversation between Mrs. Jewkes and Mr. B?
2. Pamela overhears a conversation between Mr. B and Mrs. Jewkes in Section 8. What aspect of this conversation causes a change in her attitude to Mr. B?
3. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
4. As a result of the altercation with Lady Davers, Pamela is late to meet Mr. B at tea with Mr. Simons. How does Mr. B react when Pamela arrives late?
5. Following the tea at Sir Simon's what happens when Mr. B and Pamela return home?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)