|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
(a) Her involvement with other families.
(b) Her management of the servants.
(c) Her letter-writing.
(d) Routine domestic arrangements including dress and hours for eating and sleeping.
2. What aspect of Mr. B's character is displayed when he contacts the farmer to explain why Mr. B has sent Pamela there?
(a) He is dishonest.
(b) He is obstinate.
(c) He is manipulative.
(d) He is insincere.
3. After the discussion of the incident involving Lady Davers and Pamela, how do the guests of Sir Simon pass the time?
(a) Playing cards and dancing.
(b) Eating, drinking, and reading poetry.
(c) Eating and Drinking.
(d) Socializing and eating.
4. In Section 4 when Mr. B writes to Mr. Andrews, what does Mr. B allege about the liberties he has taken with Pamela?
(a) He claims that Pamela misunderstood his intentions.
(b) He claims that they did not occur.
(c) He denies that they were serious.
(d) He claims that Pamela is to blame for them.
5. What condition does Pamela find Mr. B in when she returns at the end of Section 8?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He is distresed and acting in a crazy manner.
(c) He is desperate and depressed.
(d) He is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 8, Pamela again discovers by accident, that Mr. B is devising yet another scheme to have his way with her. Of what does this scheme consist?
2. How does Pamela react after she overhears the conversation between Mrs. Jewkes and Mr. B?
3. What reason does Mr. B give for insisting that he must find Pamela a husband?
4. After Mr. B examines and comments on Pamela's papers during their encounter in the garden, how does the incident end?
5. According to a short narrative passage in Section 4 after Pamela is due to go home, what new betrayal has Pamela suffered?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)