One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12: pages 301-344.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Pamela is supposedly on her way home from Mr. B's estate with the coachman, where does Mr. B arrange for them to make the first stop?
(a) At a farmhouse.
(b) At Williams' house.
(c) At Mrs. Jervis's house.
(d) At Mrs. Jewkes's house.
2. How does Pamela feel towards Mr. B in Section 8 after overhearing Mrs. B and Mrs. Jewkes' conversation?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She doesn't trust him.
(c) She is too inclined in Mr. B's favor and wishes she was of the right social class for him.
(d) She wants to have nothing more to do with him.
3. As a result of the altercation with Lady Davers, Pamela is late to meet Mr. B at tea with Mr. Simons. How does Mr. B react when Pamela arrives late?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He demands an explanation.
(c) He is angry and treats his wife coldly.
(d) He greets her warmly.
4. Pamela overhears a conversation between Mr. B and Mrs. Jewkes in Section 8. What aspect of this conversation causes a change in her attitude to Mr. B?
(a) Mrs. Jewkes is appealing to Mr. B to save Pamela from disgrace.
(b) Mr. B refuses to go along with Mrs. Jewkes' suggestion that he should ruin Pamela.
(c) Lady Davers is appealing to Mr. B not to disgrace the family with any further rumors about Pamela and himself.
(d) Lady Davers is appealing to Mr. B to make an honest woman of Pamela.
5. In the same letter, what other allegations does Mr. B make about Pamela?
(a) That Pamela has been insolent to him.
(b) That Pamela has begun a romantic correspondence with a penniless clergyman.
(c) That Pamela has been getting mixed up with other servants.
(d) That Pamela no longer wishes to work for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Having agreed to Pamela's departure from Bedfordshire, what condition does Mr. B impose?
2. When Mr. B sees Pamela's reaction to him after she overhears his conversation with Mrs. Jewkes, how does Mr. B behave?
3. In addition to the business arrangements made after their marriage, what other arrangements do Mr. B and Pamela discuss in order to prevent future disagreements?
4. How does Mr. B react when he hears that the reason for Pamela's late arrival at tea is the behavior of Lady Davers?
5. While becoming more restricted by Mrs. Jewkes at Lincolnshire, how does Pamela try to get help?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)