1. In the preface to the novel, what phrase is used to describe the category to which it belongs?
(b) Coming of age.
(c) Novel of manners.
2. In what century was "Pamela" written?
(a) The sixteenth.
(b) The nineteenth.
(c) The seventeenth.
(d) The eighteenth.
3. What is the alternative title of the novel?
(a) Or Virtue Rewarded.
(b) Virtue Tested.
(c) The Benefits of Virtue.
(d) Virtue Seduced.
4. What event results in Pamela's first letter to her parents?
(a) The death of Pamela's lady.
(b) Mr. B's gift.
(c) Mr. B's advances.
(d) The loss of Pamela's job.
5. What does Mr. B first offer Pamela in fulfillment of his mother's wishes?
(a) To pay her way home.
(b) A job in his sister's house.
(c) Four guineas.
6. What is Mr. B's first response to seeing Pamela writing to her parents?
(a) He chastises her for neglecting his mother.
(b) He calls her childish and simple.
(c) He chastises her for neglecting the household duties.
(d) He praises her.
This section contains 9,101 words
(approx. 31 pages at 300 words per page)