* The Preface and letters introduce the reader to the characters and describes the novel as a novel of manners.
* Pamela's lady dies and she writes to her parents telling them of this event.
* After his mother's death, Mr. B offers Pamela four guineas to fulfill his promise to his mother to remember Pamela.
* Mr B praises Pamela when he finds her writing to her parents.
* Pamela's parents warn her to be careful of Mr. B and to maintain her virtue.
* Pamela shows how innocent and naÃ¯ve she is by defending Mr. B against the accusations that he has designs on her.
* Lady Davers praises Pamela and Mr B claims he would be happy to have Pamela so well provided for as she would be if Lady Davers hired her.
* Mrs. Jervis treats Pamela as a daughter and is pleased with Pamela's modesty and prudence...
This section contains 3,207 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)