Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Kinbote find Zembla directly mentioned?
2. According to Kinbote, what is Gradus doing while John Shade is composing Canto Four?
3. Charles Kinbote writes a brief play about what event?
4. Kinbote claims some people on campus said he resembles which of the following people?
5. Kinbote claims the Russians are good at what sport?
Make a list of names Charles Kinbote attributes to people and places in Zembla.
What do you notice about these names?
What do these names tell us about Kinbote, and potentially about Zembla?
Why do you think Nabokov chose to name these places the way he did?
Charles Kinbote is clearly infatuated with John Shade. What do you think Shade's feeling are towards Kinbote in general?
If you were John Shade, how would you react to Kinbote's commentary on "Pale Fire"?
Using specific examples from the novel, compile the verses of poetry that were omitted from the poem "Pale Fire."
Why do you think Nabokov chooses to include these verses in the novel, but not the poem?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)