|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this section (Lines 597-608), Charles Kinbote spies on a conversation between John Shade and whom?
(a) Dr. Sutton.
(c) Sybil Shade.
(d) Mrs. Hurley.
2. According to Kinbote, what is the third method of composing poetry?
(b) By memory.
(c) Through prayer.
3. Who circulated a letter objecting to Charles Kinbote editing "Pale Fire?"
(a) Sybil Shade.
(b) Gerald Emerald.
(c) Professor Nattochdag.
(d) Dr. Sutton.
4. Kinbote criticizes the passage in which Shade alternates between the story of his daughter's death, and what he and his wife are doing at the time. What is his major criticism of this passage?
(a) It doesn't rhyme.
(b) It is not sincere enough.
(c) It is unrealistic.
(d) It is too drawn out.
5. What ailment troubles Gradus when he arrives in New Wye?
(b) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Gradus' feelings towards his role in the revolution?
2. According to Kinbote in the commentary, the queen resembles______.
3. John Shade says, "There's nothing wrong with shedding a dismal past to substitute pleasing _________?"
4. Kinbote is what religion?
5. Kinbote fills in a blank space in "Pale Fire" with what name?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)