|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kinbote, what is Gradus doing while John Shade is composing Canto Four?
(b) Waiting for orders from the Shadows.
(d) Traveling to America.
2. When Gradus attempts to visit Joseph S. Lavender, Lavender asks Gradus if he is a/an ______?
(b) Art dealer.
3. Kinbote describes Russian soldiers giving what to Zemblan children?
(c) Red hats and coats.
4. According to Kinbote, who gives Gradus a ride?
(a) Sybil Shade.
(b) Gerald Emerald.
(c) John Shade.
(d) Jim Coates.
5. According to Kinbote, King Charles lands near which city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinbote recounts a walk with John Shade. On this walk Kinbote unsuccessfully tries to pry from Shade information about which of the following topics?
2. Kinbote reflects on the absurdity of what?
3. According to Kinbote, what does "Ex" stand for?
4. What Kinbote thought was an amusement park outside is actually what?
5. Charles Kinbote writes a brief play about what event?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)