|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose spirit supposedly haunts the barn?
(a) The farmer who used to sleep there.
(b) Hazel Shade.
(c) King Alfin the Vague.
(d) King Charles.
2. Kinbote believes who will be punished by God?
(a) No one.
3. What does the name "Kinbote" mean?
(a) A lover of men.
(b) A king's killer.
(c) A great poet.
(d) A true friend.
4. What message did Gradus incorrectly give headquarters?
(a) He does not know the king's location.
(b) He is on the way to America.
(c) He knows the king's location.
(d) He has received the salmon.
5. Who circulated a letter objecting to Charles Kinbote editing "Pale Fire?"
(a) Gerald Emerald.
(b) Dr. Sutton.
(c) Sybil Shade.
(d) Professor Nattochdag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinbote is what religion?
2. Kinbote recounts a walk with John Shade. On this walk Kinbote unsuccessfully tries to pry from Shade information about which of the following topics?
3. In this section, Kinbote gives an extended, negative critique of what?
4. What is the name of Joseph S. Lavender's nephew?
5. Shade mentions his wife translating poems into what language?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)