|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinbote describes Russian soldiers giving what to Zemblan children?
(a) Red hats and coats.
2. Whose letter reveals the king's location to Gradus?
(b) Sybil Shade.
(c) Charles Kinbote.
(d) John Shade.
3. According to Kinbote, King Charles lands near which city?
4. What message did Gradus incorrectly give headquarters?
(a) He does not know the king's location.
(b) He knows the king's location.
(c) He has received the salmon.
(d) He is on the way to America.
5. According to Kinbote in the commentary, the queen resembles______.
(a) Sybil Shade.
(b) A young boy.
(c) Shade's secretary.
(d) Iris Acht, the famous actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinbote fills in a blank space in "Pale Fire" with what name?
2. Who does Kinbote blame for taking John Shade away from religion?
3. According to Kinbote, what is Gradus doing while John Shade is composing Canto Four?
4. Joseph S. Lavender is a collector of what?
5. What is John Shade doing when Charles Kinbote hallucinates that he hears his voice?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)