|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does John Shade compose lines 797-809?
(a) July 1st.
(b) July 9th.
(c) July 19th.
(d) July 4th.
2. What ailment troubles Gradus when he arrives in New Wye?
(b) The flu.
3. Who circulated a letter objecting to Charles Kinbote editing "Pale Fire?"
(a) Dr. Sutton.
(b) Professor Nattochdag.
(c) Gerald Emerald.
(d) Sybil Shade.
4. John Shade says, "There's nothing wrong with shedding a dismal past to substitute pleasing _________?"
5. What is one major point Kinbote and Shade disagree on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kinbote blame for taking John Shade away from religion?
2. Whose letter reveals the king's location to Gradus?
3. Which of the following best describes Gradus' feelings towards his role in the revolution?
4. In this section, Kinbote gives an extended, negative critique of what?
5. Which of the following adjectives fits Kinbote's description of the Russians as they search the castle?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)