|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Joseph S. Lavender's nephew?
2. According to Kinbote, who gives Gradus a ride?
(a) Gerald Emerald.
(b) Jim Coates.
(c) Sybil Shade.
(d) John Shade.
3. Charles Kinbote writes a brief play about what event?
(a) King Charles' escape.
(b) Hazel Shade's seance.
(c) The Shades' vacation.
(d) John Shade's birthday.
4. How many times did Kinbote find Zembla directly mentioned?
5. King Charles was only able to love the queen______.
(a) Before they were married.
(b) After the invasion.
(c) While in captivity.
(d) In his dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinbote recounts a walk with John Shade. On this walk Kinbote unsuccessfully tries to pry from Shade information about which of the following topics?
2. Kinbote claims some people on campus said he resembles which of the following people?
3. According to Kinbote Russians search for what Zemblan treasure?
4. Kinbote reflects on the absurdity of what?
5. Whose letter reveals the king's location to Gradus?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)