|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Kinbote find Zembla directly mentioned?
2. According to Kinbote, what is Gradus doing while John Shade is composing Canto Four?
(a) Traveling to America.
(b) Waiting for orders from the Shadows.
3. Charles Kinbote writes a brief play about what event?
(a) Hazel Shade's seance.
(b) The Shades' vacation.
(c) King Charles' escape.
(d) John Shade's birthday.
4. Kinbote claims some people on campus said he resembles which of the following people?
(a) Dr. Sutton.
(b) John Shade.
(d) King Charles.
5. Kinbote claims the Russians are good at what sport?
(b) Ice hockey.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kinbote, what is the best part of Canto Four?
2. In this section, Kinbote gives an extended, negative critique of what?
3. According to Kinbote Russians search for what Zemblan treasure?
4. Kinbote recounts a walk with John Shade. On this walk Kinbote unsuccessfully tries to pry from Shade information about which of the following topics?
5. What does Charles Kinbote do when he finds out where the Shades' are planning to go on vacation?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)