Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Kinbote find Zembla directly mentioned?
2. According to Kinbote, what is Gradus doing while John Shade is composing Canto Four?
(a) Traveling to America.
(b) Waiting for orders from the Shadows.
3. Charles Kinbote writes a brief play about what event?
(a) Hazel Shade's seance.
(b) The Shades' vacation.
(c) King Charles' escape.
(d) John Shade's birthday.
4. Kinbote claims some people on campus said he resembles which of the following people?
(a) Dr. Sutton.
(b) John Shade.
(d) King Charles.
5. Kinbote claims the Russians are good at what sport?
(b) Ice hockey.
6. According to Kinbote, what is the best part of Canto Four?
(a) The last line.
(b) The rhymes.
(c) The part about Zembla.
(d) The opening.
7. In this section, Kinbote gives an extended, negative critique of what?
(a) Sybil Shade's translations.
(b) John Shade's religious views.
(c) John Shade's word choice.
(d) The New Wye faculty.
8. According to Kinbote Russians search for what Zemblan treasure?
(a) A first printing of Timon of Athens.
(b) The journal of King Charles.
(c) The crown of King Alfin the Vague.
(d) The Crown Jewels.
9. Kinbote recounts a walk with John Shade. On this walk Kinbote unsuccessfully tries to pry from Shade information about which of the following topics?
(a) Shade's daughter.
(b) Plants and animals.
(d) Shade's poem.
10. What does Charles Kinbote do when he finds out where the Shades' are planning to go on vacation?
(a) He asks to go with them.
(b) He tries to convince them to stay in New Wye.
(c) He rents a house in the same town.
(d) He sits in his house alone and drinks.
11. Kinbote describes Russian soldiers giving what to Zemblan children?
(c) Red hats and coats.
12. Whose spirit supposedly haunts the barn?
(a) King Alfin the Vague.
(b) King Charles.
(c) Hazel Shade.
(d) The farmer who used to sleep there.
13. Which of the following adjectives fits Kinbote's description of the Russians as they search the castle?
14. What is John Shade doing when Charles Kinbote hallucinates that he hears his voice?
(b) Writing Canto Three.
(c) Making love to his wife.
15. Kinbote is what religion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shade mentions his wife translating poems into what language?
2. What is the name of Joseph S. Lavender's nephew?
3. John Shade says, "There's nothing wrong with shedding a dismal past to substitute pleasing _________?"
4. Which of the following does Kinbote discuss in this section?
5. Who tells Gradus Disa's estate is empty?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)