Short Answer Questions
1. The first draft of "Pale Fire" was composed on a series of index cards. How many index cards did the author use?
2. "Pale Fire" is broken up into how many cantos?
3. The phrase "pale fire" is used in the foreword to describe what?
4. During the forward Charles Kinbote oddly notes that he is distracted by who/what?
5. A fellow-professor calls Charles Kinbote by what nickname?
6. Charles Kinbote "mercifully " attributes this name to one professor, perhaps due to his green jacket.
7. Which of the following most closely describes Kinbote's depiction by university drama students?
This section contains 4,244 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)