|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Commentary, Line 929: Freud though Line 949: and all the time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John Shade address in line 246 which ends "...my dear"
(a) His mother.
(b) His daughter.
(c) Charles Kinbote.
(d) His wife.
2. Which of the following has Shade renounced?
(a) His religion.
(b) His country.
(c) His friends.
(d) His family.
3. Why does young King Charles refuse to consummate his relationship with Fleur?
(a) He is homosexual.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She tries to steal from him.
(d) Her family is poor.
4. Which of the following does not happen to the I.P.H.?
(a) It is turned into a church.
(b) It becomes frequented by Freudians.
(c) It becomes more Buddhist.
(d) It becomes a place where fake seances are held.
5. What is one major point Kinbote and Shade disagree on?
Short Answer Questions
1. The phrase "pale fire" is used in the foreword to describe what?
2. What message did Gradus incorrectly give headquarters?
3. When Gradus attempts to visit Joseph S. Lavender, Lavender asks Gradus if he is a/an ______?
4. Gradus misinterprets a coded message from headquarters. What does he think his orders are?
5. During the forward Charles Kinbote oddly notes that he is distracted by who/what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)