|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Commentary, Line 929: Freud though Line 949: and all the time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinbote claims the Russians are good at what sport?
(b) Ice hockey.
2. During what time of the year does John Shade prefer to write?
(d) Upon the conclusion of the Zemblan harvest.
3. According to Kinbote, what is the best part of Canto Four?
(a) The rhymes.
(b) The part about Zembla.
(c) The last line.
(d) The opening.
4. On what day did John Shade begin composing his poem "Pale Fire?"
(a) July 4th.
(b) July 1st.
(c) July 5th.
(d) We are not told explicitly, only that it is during the summer.
5. Kinbote believes who will be punished by God?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did John Shade begin Canto Two?
2. According to Kinbote what is the only real name used in the poem, "Pale Fire?"
3. Where does Gradus go to look for the king?
4. Who sets up John Shade's daughter on a blind date?
5. According to Kinbote, who gives Gradus a ride?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)