|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Commentary, Line 929: Freud though Line 949: and all the time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles Kinbote gave John Shade a detailed drawing of King Charles' castle; what does he want John Shade's wife to do with the picture?
(a) Send it to him.
(b) Send it to the publisher.
(c) Frame it.
(d) Destroy it.
2. Which of the following is not mentioned by Shade in Canto One?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) The Zemblan countryside.
(c) Dr. Sutton.
(d) The sky.
3. How do the extremists try to prevent King Charles from leaving the country?
(a) They close all the airports.
(b) They search all trains.
(c) They outlaw driving.
(d) They search all caves.
4. Charles Kinbote writes a brief play about what event?
(a) The Shades' vacation.
(b) King Charles' escape.
(c) Hazel Shade's seance.
(d) John Shade's birthday.
5. Who is King Alfin the Vague's son?
(a) King Charles.
(b) Charles Kinbote.
(c) John Shade.
(d) Dr. Sutton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the queen's initial feeling about King Charles when they meet after his escape?
2. What does the name "Kinbote" mean?
3. What happens to John Shade's aunt?
4. The first draft of "Pale Fire" was composed on a series of index cards. How many index cards did the author use?
5. What book does King Charles find on his way out of the castle?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)