|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Commentary, Line 929: Freud though Line 949: and all the time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Shade's spend the evening of their daughter's blind date?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Studying birds.
(c) Writing poems.
2. How do the people of Zembla aid in King Charles' flight?
(a) They fight off the Extremists.
(b) They dress like him to serve as decoys.
(c) They create a distraction with a hot air balloon.
(d) They provide Charles refuge along the way.
3. What animal did Shade's parents study?
4. What does Kinbote do during John Shade's birthday party?
(a) He spies on the party.
(b) He writes and listens to music.
(c) He plays chess.
(d) He drinks alone.
5. Who makes sexual advances on King Charles during the commentary to line 149?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kinbote, what is the third method of composing poetry?
2. What ailment troubles Gradus when he arrives in New Wye?
3. Kinbote rejects the idea that randomness extends into what?
4. According to Kinbote, what does "Ex" stand for?
5. The first draft of "Pale Fire" was composed on a series of index cards. How many index cards did the author use?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)