|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Commentary, Line 681: gloomy Russians spied through Line 691: the attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Shade's parents when he was a boy?
(a) They put him up for adoption.
(b) They died.
(c) They were imprisoned.
(d) They divorced/seperated.
2. How old was Shade when he wrote Canto Two?
(d) We are never told exactly, only that he is "a youth".
3. Where are the Shades' planning to go on vacation?
4. John Shade reads an article written by this person about a woman who had a similar vision?
(a) Jim Coats.
(b) The President of the IPH.
(c) Gerald Emerald.
(d) Charles Kinbote.
5. How do the extremists think King Charles will try to escape Zembla?
(a) By boat.
(b) On foot.
(c) By plane.
(d) By car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to John Shade's aunt?
2. Who does John Shade address in line 246 which ends "...my dear"
3. John Shade vows to further explore what in Canto Two?
4. Kinbote recounts a walk with John Shade. On this walk Kinbote unsuccessfully tries to pry from Shade information about which of the following topics?
5. Where do the Shade's travel to take their minds off their daughter's death?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)