|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Commentary, Line 167: There was a time, etc. through Line 171: A great conspiracy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the commentary to Line 137, what phrase, used by John Shade in "Pale Fire", does Kinbote claim has no real meaning?
(c) Waxing slain.
2. Who or what does John Shade claim to see in his near-death experience?
(a) A fountain.
(b) The Zemblan Mountains.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His Wife.
3. After King Charles is out of the mountains, he receives a message to go to which of the following locations?
(a) New Wye.
(b) The Rippleton Caves.
(c) The Bera Range.
4. How do the Shade's spend the evening of their daughter's blind date?
(a) Studying birds.
(b) Watching television.
(d) Writing poems.
5. What is the name of John Shade's aunt?
(c) She is never mentioned by name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two most important things in Shade's life?
2. How do the extremists try to prevent King Charles from leaving the country?
3. Which of the following has Shade renounced?
4. Of the following, what do King Charles and John Shade have in common?
5. Which of the following best describes King Alfin the Vague?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)