|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Commentary, Line 109: iridule through Line 130: I never bounced a ball or swung a bat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which has been added to Shade's childhood home?
(a) A TV antenna.
(c) A garage.
(d) A chimney.
2. Which of the following has Shade renounced?
(a) His family.
(b) His country.
(c) His friends.
(d) His religion.
3. When did John Shade meet his wife?
(a) 40 years ago.
(b) After his parents' funeral.
(c) During the depression.
(d) Their senior year of high school.
4. John Shade is skeptical but he wants to believe in what?
(a) His lineage of Zemblan Kings.
(b) The after-life.
(c) His daughther is still alive.
5. Who is King Alfin the Vague's son?
(a) King Charles.
(b) Dr. Sutton.
(c) John Shade.
(d) Charles Kinbote.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the assassin's real name?
2. Of the following, what do King Charles and John Shade have in common?
3. During what time of the year does John Shade prefer to write?
4. Of the following, who is not mentioned in the first Canto?
5. According to Kinbote, who was Thurgus the Third's lover?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)