|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Commentary, Line 109: iridule through Line 130: I never bounced a ball or swung a bat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of John Shade's aunt?
(c) She is never mentioned by name.
2. Which best describes Kinbote's reason for rejecting the offer by the first potential publisher of "Pale Fire"?
(a) Kinbote would not have full editorial control.
(b) Sybil Shade would not recieve her full share of the profits.
(c) He would not let Kinbote translate the poem into Zemblan.
(d) He made Kinbote responsible for any errors in the commentary.
3. John Shade's daughter is how old at the beginning of Canto Three?
(a) 6 months.
(b) A senior in high school.
(c) We don't know exactly, only that she's a small child.
4. John Shade's aunt is best described as what?
5. "Forty ounces of fine sand" describes what in Canto One?
(a) A length of time.
(b) Snow falling from the sky.
(c) The texture of a windowpane.
(d) A bird's nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Shade's "first book" as mentioned in Canto Four?
2. Kinbote leaves his blinds open to give him a better view of what?
3. Where did Kinbote and Shade meet?
4. Who does King Charles finally marry?
5. Of the following, who is not mentioned in the first Canto?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)