|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Commentary, Line 109: iridule through Line 130: I never bounced a ball or swung a bat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, what do King Charles and John Shade have in common?
(a) Both lost their father at an early age.
(b) Both had daughters who died at an early age.
(c) They are both Zemblan royalty.
(d) Both were loved by their followers.
2. Kinbote notes that the poem alludes to what fictional character?
(b) King Charles.
(c) Shakespeare's Henry VIII.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
3. Why does young King Charles refuse to consummate his relationship with Fleur?
(a) He is homosexual.
(b) Her family is poor.
(c) She tries to steal from him.
(d) She is ugly.
4. Which of the following most closely describes Kinbote's depiction by university drama students?
(a) A displaced Zemblan king on the run from assassins.
(b) A raving lunatic with no perception of reality.
(c) A brilliant writer and professor who is loyal to his friend John Shade.
(d) A pompus woman-hater with a German accent.
5. Charles Kinbote gave John Shade a detailed drawing of King Charles' castle; what does he want John Shade's wife to do with the picture?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Send it to the publisher.
(c) Frame it.
(d) Send it to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kinbote leaves his blinds open to give him a better view of what?
2. Which of the following is not among John Shade's pet peeves?
3. What did Charles Kinbote do with the cat?
4. Which of the following has Shade renounced?
5. Who raises John Shade during his childhood?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)