|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Commentary, Line 109: iridule through Line 130: I never bounced a ball or swung a bat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Pope is mentioned in the commentary to Line 85?
(a) Alexander I.
(b) Benedict IX.
(c) Pius X.
(d) Stephen II.
2. What are the two ways to write according to Shade in Canto Three?
(a) In the mind and while writing.
(b) Indoors and outdoors.
(c) In the bathtub, and at a desk.
(d) Literally and ironically.
3. Kinbote notes that the poem alludes to what fictional character?
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) King Charles.
(d) Shakespeare's Henry VIII.
4. Queen Blenda's favorite hobby is ______ .
(a) Bird watching.
5. Kinbote is steadfast in his assertion that "Pale Fire" was intended to be how many lines long?
Short Answer Questions
1. John Shade reads an article written by this person about a woman who had a similar vision?
2. How does John Shade refer to the I.P.H.?
3. What does Kinbote want us to believe was the catalyst for John Shade's choice to set "Pale Fire" during the winter months?
4. Which of the following has Shade renounced?
5. "Forty ounces of fine sand" describes what in Canto One?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)