|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pale Fire, Canto Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal did Shade's parents study?
2. Which of the following is not mentioned by Shade in Canto One?
(a) Dr. Sutton.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) The Zemblan countryside.
(d) The sky.
3. Which best describes Kinbote's reason for rejecting the offer by the first potential publisher of "Pale Fire"?
(a) Kinbote would not have full editorial control.
(b) Sybil Shade would not recieve her full share of the profits.
(c) He would not let Kinbote translate the poem into Zemblan.
(d) He made Kinbote responsible for any errors in the commentary.
4. In Canto Two we find that Shade's daughter had been vacationing in what faraway place?
(d) New Wye.
5. During the forward Charles Kinbote oddly notes that he is distracted by who/what?
(a) An amusement park.
(c) Sybill Shade.
(d) A squirrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which most accurately describes the lines in the first stanza of Canto One?
2. Who sets up John Shade's daughter on a blind date?
3. "Pale Fire" is broken up into how many cantos?
4. Which of the following most closely describes Kinbote's depiction by university drama students?
5. John Shade comes to the realization that he can not find what at the I.P.H.?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)