|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pale Fire, Canto Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes John Shade to have a vision of the afterlife?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He suffers a stroke.
(c) He gets lost in the Zemblan Mountains without food or water.
(d) He is hit by a car.
2. "Pale Fire" is broken up into how many cantos?
3. What typically goes on at the I.P.H.?
(a) Poets gather to read their work.
(b) People gather to discuss Zemblan history.
(c) People gather to discuss the after-life.
(d) People gather to discuss different species of birds.
4. Where did Kinbote and Shade meet?
(a) The library .
(c) The English Department faculty lounge.
(d) The faculty club at lunch time.
5. The phrase "pale fire" is used in the foreword to describe what?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) Index cards burning in an incinerator.
(c) The reflection of sunlight off the moon.
(d) The snow in New Wye.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Shade gives a lecture on what in Canto Three?
2. John Shade is skeptical but he wants to believe in what?
3. What animal did Shade's parents study?
4. John Shade's daughter is how old at the beginning of Canto Three?
5. How does John Shade's daughter die?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)