|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pale Fire, Canto Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinbote is steadfast in his assertion that "Pale Fire" was intended to be how many lines long?
2. What happened to Shade's parents when he was a boy?
(a) They were imprisoned.
(b) They died.
(c) They put him up for adoption.
(d) They divorced/seperated.
3. Which of the following best describes John Shade's idea of life on earth?
(a) Meaningless and random.
(b) Sad and cold.
(c) Colorful and bright.
(d) Dark and painful.
4. Where was the foreword written?
(c) Cedarn, Utana.
(d) New Wye.
5. During the forward Charles Kinbote oddly notes that he is distracted by who/what?
(a) An amusement park.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) Sybill Shade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises John Shade during his childhood?
2. How do the Shade's spend the evening of their daughter's blind date?
3. Of the following, who is not mentioned in the first Canto?
4. Of the following, which has been added to Shade's childhood home?
5. Who sets up John Shade's daughter on a blind date?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)