|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Commentary, Line 71: parents through Line 101: No free man needs a God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Shade's aunt is best described as what?
2. Of the following, which most accurately describes the lines in the first stanza of Canto One?
(a) They lack punctuation
(b) They are written in ryhming couplets.
(c) They have the same number of words
(d) They are symetrical.
3. What does Shade find out when he tracks down the woman who had the same vision of the after-life that he did?
(a) She is a Zemblan queen.
(b) She is married to Charles Kinbote.
(c) She also had a daughter who passed away recently.
(d) She had a different vision.
4. Charles Kinbote gave John Shade a detailed drawing of King Charles' castle; what does he want John Shade's wife to do with the picture?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Send it to him.
(c) Frame it.
(d) Send it to the publisher.
5. What typically goes on at the I.P.H.?
(a) People gather to discuss different species of birds.
(b) People gather to discuss the after-life.
(c) People gather to discuss Zemblan history.
(d) Poets gather to read their work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first metaphor Shade uses to describe himself?
2. How do the Shade's spend the evening of their daughter's blind date?
3. King Alfin the Vague was an amateur______ .
4. Who sets up John Shade's daughter on a blind date?
5. What did Charles Kinbote do with the cat?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)