Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
2. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
3. What does Aisha show that she will obey of God and her father in Chapter 38?
4. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
5. What is the content of the poem that Yasin is moved by?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's portrayal of domesticity in the female characters of Ahmad's household. What is telling of the changes in culture based on Amina and Khadija's differing views on domesticity?
Essay Topic 2
Much of the end of the book focuses on the nature of Egyptian politics and the nationalist movement happening in 1919.
Part 1.) What is the nature of the nationalist movement in Cairo in 1919?
Part 2.) What does the reader learn about the nationalist movement from Fahmy's speeches in the book?
Part 3.) What role does the British troops' presence in the book in regards to the nationalist movement?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters Yasin and Fahmy in the book. What do these brothers consider important in life that helps define them and set them apart from each other?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)