Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
2. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
3. What does Aisha show that she will obey of God and her father in Chapter 38?
4. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
5. What is the content of the poem that Yasin is moved by?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of education in the book, especially in regards to Kamal. What impact could Fahmy's educating Kamal on his nationalist beliefs have on his own ideals later on?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of author's use of religious and political figures in the book, notably Martyr al-Husayn and Sa'd Zaghlul. What tone might the author be trying to set to describe the impact these figures had on Egyptian culture?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact the revolution in Cairo had on the book's characters, namely Kamal and Fahmy. How were Fahmy and Kamal on two sides of the spectrum in terms of the revolution's impact on their lives?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)