Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
2. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
3. What does Aisha show that she will obey of God and her father in Chapter 38?
4. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
5. What is the content of the poem that Yasin is moved by?
The subject of religion is discussed on many levels, including Amina's piety, the presence of holy figures, and talk of the Qur'an.
Part 1.) How does Amina represent pious and religious behavior in the book?
Part 2.) What purpose might the author have for including holy figures like al-Husayn and the sheikhs in the book?
Part 3.) What role does the Qur'an play in the book?
Discuss the concept of submission in the book, notably through Ahmad and Amina's relationship. What might Amina feel that submitting to her husband would represent in terms of her culture and social beliefs?
Compare and contrast Ahmad's dual personalities with his family and outside in public. How is the reader able to know Ahmad's true nature based on the secret fantasies he has about others in public?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)