Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
2. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
3. What does Aisha show that she will obey of God and her father in Chapter 38?
4. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
5. What is the content of the poem that Yasin is moved by?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of author's use of religious and political figures in the book, notably Martyr al-Husayn and Sa'd Zaghlul. What tone might the author be trying to set to describe the impact these figures had on Egyptian culture?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters Yasin and Fahmy in the book. What do these brothers consider important in life that helps define them and set them apart from each other?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Yasin and Ahmad. What parallels are present between these two characters and what is significant about these?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)