|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
2. Where does Zaynab sleep after catching Yasin with Nur?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The den.
(c) The guest room.
(d) The basement floor.
3. What does Zaynab threaten to do after fighting with Yasin in Chapter 57?
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Cheat on him.
4. What is the name of the maid with whom Yasin cheats on his wife?
5. What task does Aisha ask Khadija's help with in preparation for her wedding?
(a) Sewing the wedding gown.
(b) Making bed sheets.
(c) Doing her makeup.
(d) Fixing her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is absent from coffee hour in Chapter 42?
2. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
3. Who dies in Chapter 63?
4. What does Ahmad congratulate himself for not doing like Yasin when reprimanding him in Chapter 58?
5. Where does Kamal take refuge when strikers break down the schoolroom door at his school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
2. What does Ahmad tell Khadija just before she is married?
3. How is Yasin and Zaynab's marriage described in Chapter 46?
4. How is Ahmad's visit with Umm Maryam described in Chapter 51?
5. How does Kamal act towards the British troops in Chapter 64?
6. How is Amina's homecoming described after Ahmad sends her a pardon to return?
7. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
8. How does Fahmy react when the first martyrs start dying in the revolution?
9. How is Kamal's life affected by the revolution according to Chapter 55?
10. What happens when Yasin finds the maid Nur on the roof of the house?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)