|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasim complain to Fahmy about his marriage in Chapter 48?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He hates being confined.
(c) His wife is ugly.
(d) His wife is mean.
2. Whose life is focused on in Chapter 55 as it relates to the revolution's impact?
3. Whose house does Yasin watch in Chapter 39?
4. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
5. What does Fahmy do after the first martyrs fall to English bullets?
(b) Buys weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Khalil's brother who looks at Khadija?
2. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
3. Which of the following things does Ahmad not do when reprimanding Yasin in Chapter 58?
4. How does Aisha dress when Amina, Khadija, and Kamal visit her in her new home after being married?
5. Where does Kamal take refuge when strikers break down the schoolroom door at his school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jalia confront Ahmad about when she joins the men's party during Aisha's marriage celebration?
2. How is Yasin's wedding reception described?
3. How does Fahmy react when the first martyrs start dying in the revolution?
4. How does Ahmad participate in politics according to his actions in Chapter 49?
5. How does Kamal tell Ahmad that he wants Amina back in their house?
6. How is Yasin's last meeting with his mother described?
7. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
8. How is Kamal's life affected by the revolution according to Chapter 55?
9. What happens when Yasin finds the maid Nur on the roof of the house?
10. How does Kamal act towards the British troops in Chapter 64?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)