|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aisha show that she will obey of God and her father in Chapter 38?
(b) The higher will.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
(b) Umm Hanafi.
3. Who chaperones Kamal to and from school during the revolution?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
4. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
5. What country does Kamal find on a map when picturing the exile's steadfast behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
2. What does Ahmad congratulate himself for not doing like Yasin when reprimanding him in Chapter 58?
3. Where does Kamal take refuge when strikers break down the schoolroom door at his school?
4. What does Ahmad feel singled out by the preacher's call to at prayer service?
5. How does Yasim's mother look when he tells her he loves her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kamal act towards the British troops in Chapter 64?
2. How is Ahmad's visit with Umm Maryam described in Chapter 51?
3. What is the nature of Ahmad's reprimands towards Yasin in Chapter 58?
4. What do Kamal and Umm Hanafi tell the others happened when they were chased by British troops?
5. How is Amina's homecoming described after Ahmad sends her a pardon to return?
6. How does Kamal tell Ahmad that he wants Amina back in their house?
7. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
8. What occurs when Ahmad and his sons attend the Friday prayer service in Chapter 61?
9. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
10. How is Umm Maryam's visit to Ahmad's store described in Chapter 35?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)