|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
2. Who visits Ahmad at his store at the beginning of Chapter 35?
(b) Umm Maryam.
(c) Umm Hanafi.
3. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
4. On whom does most of the household burdens fall after Amina is evicted?
5. Of what nationality is Yasin's new wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yasin feel when he discovers his father cheating on his mother in Chapter 39?
2. Whose marriage does the Widow Shawcat arrange in Chapter 45?
3. What does Zaynab threaten to do after fighting with Yasin in Chapter 57?
4. Who is the only one to have an appetite in the family in Chapter 57?
5. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fahmy react when the first martyrs start dying in the revolution?
2. How does Kamal tell Ahmad that he wants Amina back in their house?
3. What are Fahmy's views on nationalism, as described in Chapter 52?
4. How is Yasin's wedding reception described?
5. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
6. What does Jalia confront Ahmad about when she joins the men's party during Aisha's marriage celebration?
7. How is Yasin's last meeting with his mother described?
8. How does Ahmad participate in politics according to his actions in Chapter 49?
9. How is Ahmad's visit with Umm Maryam described in Chapter 51?
10. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)