|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Yasin feel when he discovers his father cheating on his mother in Chapter 39?
(a) He is disgusted.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He admires him.
(d) He is sad.
2. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
3. How does Aisha dress when Amina, Khadija, and Kamal visit her in her new home after being married?
4. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
(b) Imposition of martial law.
(c) Reading the Qu'ran.
5. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
(c) Widow Shawcat's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zaynab threaten to do after fighting with Yasin in Chapter 57?
2. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
3. Of what nationality is Yasin's new wife?
4. What does Iffat demand of Ahmad when he visits him in Chapter 60?
5. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Yasin and Zaynab's marriage described in Chapter 46?
2. What are Fahmy's views on nationalism, as described in Chapter 52?
3. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
4. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
5. What does Jalia confront Ahmad about when she joins the men's party during Aisha's marriage celebration?
6. What happens when Yasin finds the maid Nur on the roof of the house?
7. What is the nature of Fahmy and Yasin's conversation in Chapter 41?
8. How does Khadija react when Aisha asks her for help sewing her wedding gown?
9. How is Yasin's last meeting with his mother described?
10. How does Kamal act towards the British troops in Chapter 64?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)