|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ahmad's friend that bemoans the burden of raising girls?
2. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
3. What does Amina wish to do for Khadija after growing concerned about her in Chapter 38?
(a) Brush her hair.
(b) Read to her.
(c) Take her to church.
(d) Read her fortune.
4. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
(b) Widow Shawcat's.
5. What does Fahmy read a letter about from the Wafd Delegation to the Sultan in protest of?
(a) British denial of Egypt's rights.
(b) Egyptian revolutions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kamal receive from the British troops after they chase him and Umm Hanafi?
2. What has Ahmad often fantasized about the person who visits his store in Chapter 35?
3. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
4. Who does the person who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 wish for her son to marry?
5. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
2. What do Kamal and Umm Hanafi tell the others happened when they were chased by British troops?
3. What are Fahmy's views on nationalism, as described in Chapter 52?
4. What is the nature of Fahmy and Yasin's conversation in Chapter 41?
5. What does Ahmad tell Khadija just before she is married?
6. What is the nature of Ahmad's reprimands towards Yasin in Chapter 58?
7. How does Fahmy react when the first martyrs start dying in the revolution?
8. How is Amina's homecoming described after Ahmad sends her a pardon to return?
9. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
10. What happens when Yasin finds the maid Nur on the roof of the house?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)