|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
2. Whose marriage does the Widow Shawcat arrange in Chapter 45?
(a) Yasin and Haniya's.
(b) Ibrahim and Khadija's.
(c) Aisha and Hasan's.
(d) Fahmy and Maryam's.
3. What does Amina's mother believe should have happened when her sons bring her a pardon to return home?
(a) Ahmad should have brought it.
(b) He should have never thrown her out.
(c) It should have come later.
(d) It should have happened earlier.
4. What does Kamal accept from Khalil although he resents him in Chapter 43?
(c) A drink.
5. What is the name of Yasin's new bride?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ahmad shocked to learn that Yasin does every night?
2. What does a black maid invite Yasin to see for the first time in Chapter 44?
3. Who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 and gives him a verbal pounding?
4. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
5. Who does the person who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 wish for her son to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
2. Why does Fahmy believe British troops have set up camp across from Abd al-Jawad's doorstep?
3. How does Kamal tell Ahmad that he wants Amina back in their house?
4. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
5. What are Fahmy's views on nationalism, as described in Chapter 52?
6. What does Ahmad tell Khadija just before she is married?
7. How does Kamal act towards the British troops in Chapter 64?
8. How is Ahmad's visit with Umm Maryam described in Chapter 51?
9. What is the nature of Ahmad's reprimands towards Yasin in Chapter 58?
10. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)