|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does a young theology student accuse of being a spy at prayer service?
2. Who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 and gives him a verbal pounding?
(a) Umm Nafusa.
(b) Widow Shawkat.
(c) Umm Hanafi.
3. What does Ahmad say Yasim is useless in when referring to him as "Haniya's son"?
4. Who does Ahmad not learn about political situations from?
(a) Friends at soirees.
(b) His wife.
(c) Customers at his shop.
5. Who visits Ahmad's store and is flirtatious in Chapter 51?
(b) Umm Hanafi.
(c) Umm Maryam.
(d) Widow Shawcat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose life is focused on in Chapter 55 as it relates to the revolution's impact?
2. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
3. What does Fahmy read a letter about from the Wafd Delegation to the Sultan in protest of?
4. What does Amina's mother believe should have happened when her sons bring her a pardon to return home?
5. What country does Kamal find on a map when picturing the exile's steadfast behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Yasin and Zaynab's marriage described in Chapter 46?
2. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
3. What does Ahmad tell Khadija just before she is married?
4. How is Kamal's life affected by the revolution according to Chapter 55?
5. How is Yasin's wedding reception described?
6. How does Ahmad participate in politics according to his actions in Chapter 49?
7. Why does Fahmy believe British troops have set up camp across from Abd al-Jawad's doorstep?
8. What are Fahmy's views on nationalism, as described in Chapter 52?
9. How is Umm Maryam's visit to Ahmad's store described in Chapter 35?
10. How is Ahmad's visit with Umm Maryam described in Chapter 51?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)