|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kamal become a regular at with the British troops in Chapter 64?
(a) The tea queue.
(b) Their bar meetings.
(c) Their church services.
(d) Their Sunday dinners.
2. Who does the person who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 wish for her son to marry?
3. Who is discovered to have left the house at the end of Chapter 58?
4. What does Ahmad tell Yasim he must do if he can't control his wife?
(a) Beat her.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Move to another city.
5. Which of the following things does not happen in the revolution that makes Fahmy's spirits soar?
(a) Campus uproars.
(c) Mass demonstrations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ahmad's friend that bemoans the burden of raising girls?
2. Who particularly sees trouble in the actions of Yasin's new wife after they are married?
3. Who dies in Chapter 63?
4. Which of the following descriptions was not given to Yasin to describe him in Chapter 60?
5. What does Ahmad say he does not do to his friends that take wives and daughters on outings with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jalia confront Ahmad about when she joins the men's party during Aisha's marriage celebration?
2. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
3. How does Khadija react when Aisha asks her for help sewing her wedding gown?
4. What does Ahmad tell Khadija just before she is married?
5. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
6. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
7. What happens when Yasin finds the maid Nur on the roof of the house?
8. What occurs when Ahmad and his sons attend the Friday prayer service in Chapter 61?
9. Why does Fahmy believe British troops have set up camp across from Abd al-Jawad's doorstep?
10. How is Yasin and Zaynab's marriage described in Chapter 46?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)