|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the maid with whom Yasin cheats on his wife?
2. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
3. Who is the only one to have an appetite in the family in Chapter 57?
4. How does Kamal find the British troops rather than demonic?
(b) Funny looking.
5. Who decides that the British troops are camping to intimidate and stop demonstrations?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ahmad forbid Fahmy to do in Chapter 62?
2. Who does the person who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 wish for her son to marry?
3. Who does Ahmad not learn about political situations from?
4. Which of the following things does Ahmad not do when reprimanding Yasin in Chapter 58?
5. Who is discovered to have left the house at the end of Chapter 58?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Fahmy's views on nationalism, as described in Chapter 52?
2. What does Jalia confront Ahmad about when she joins the men's party during Aisha's marriage celebration?
3. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
4. How does Khadija react when Aisha asks her for help sewing her wedding gown?
5. How is Yasin's last meeting with his mother described?
6. What does Ahmad tell Khadija just before she is married?
7. How is Yasin's wedding reception described?
8. What happens when Yasin finds the maid Nur on the roof of the house?
9. How is Amina's homecoming described after Ahmad sends her a pardon to return?
10. How is Kamal's life affected by the revolution according to Chapter 55?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)