|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kamal receive from the British troops after they chase him and Umm Hanafi?
2. Of what nationality is Yasin's new wife?
3. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
4. What does Ahmad say Yasim is useless in when referring to him as "Haniya's son"?
5. How does Kamal find the British troops rather than demonic?
(c) Funny looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ahmad not learn about political situations from?
2. What does Amina do after hearing about the two mediators who work on her behalf to get her back home?
3. Who does a young theology student accuse of being a spy at prayer service?
4. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
5. What is the name of the maid with whom Yasin cheats on his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fahmy react when the first martyrs start dying in the revolution?
2. What is the nature of Ahmad's reprimands towards Yasin in Chapter 58?
3. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
4. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
5. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
6. Why does Fahmy believe British troops have set up camp across from Abd al-Jawad's doorstep?
7. How is Yasin and Zaynab's marriage described in Chapter 46?
8. How does Kamal act towards the British troops in Chapter 64?
9. How is Yasin's last meeting with his mother described?
10. How is Umm Maryam's visit to Ahmad's store described in Chapter 35?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)