|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who particularly sees trouble in the actions of Yasin's new wife after they are married?
2. What does Fahmy read a letter about from the Wafd Delegation to the Sultan in protest of?
(a) British denial of Egypt's rights.
(c) Egyptian revolutions.
3. What does Ahmad forbid Fahmy to do in Chapter 62?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Be politically involved.
(d) Get married.
4. What does Kamal accept from Khalil although he resents him in Chapter 43?
(d) A drink.
5. Whose house does Yasin watch in Chapter 39?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
2. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
3. Which of the following descriptions was not given to Yasin to describe him in Chapter 60?
4. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
5. How does Yasin feel when he discovers his father cheating on his mother in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Ahmad's reprimands towards Yasin in Chapter 58?
2. How is Ahmad's visit with Umm Maryam described in Chapter 51?
3. How is Umm Maryam's visit to Ahmad's store described in Chapter 35?
4. What occurs when Ahmad and his sons attend the Friday prayer service in Chapter 61?
5. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
6. How does Fahmy react when the first martyrs start dying in the revolution?
7. How is Yasin's wedding reception described?
8. How is Amina's homecoming described after Ahmad sends her a pardon to return?
9. How does Ahmad participate in politics according to his actions in Chapter 49?
10. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)