|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kamal become a regular at with the British troops in Chapter 64?
(a) Their church services.
(b) Their bar meetings.
(c) The tea queue.
(d) Their Sunday dinners.
2. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
3. What is the name of the maid with whom Yasin cheats on his wife?
4. Who does a young theology student accuse of being a spy at prayer service?
5. Who decides that the British troops are camping to intimidate and stop demonstrations?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what nationality is Yasin's new wife?
2. What does Ahmad say he does not do to his friends that take wives and daughters on outings with them?
3. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
4. How does Yasim's mother look when he tells her he loves her?
5. What is Yasin filled with on the day of his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ahmad participate in politics according to his actions in Chapter 49?
2. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
3. What happens when Yasin finds the maid Nur on the roof of the house?
4. What does Ahmad tell Khadija just before she is married?
5. What is the nature of Ahmad's reprimands towards Yasin in Chapter 58?
6. How does Fahmy react when the first martyrs start dying in the revolution?
7. Why does Fahmy believe British troops have set up camp across from Abd al-Jawad's doorstep?
8. How does Kamal tell Ahmad that he wants Amina back in their house?
9. What occurs when Ahmad and his sons attend the Friday prayer service in Chapter 61?
10. How is Umm Maryam's visit to Ahmad's store described in Chapter 35?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)