|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasim complain to Fahmy about his marriage in Chapter 48?
(a) He hates being confined.
(b) He is bored.
(c) His wife is ugly.
(d) His wife is mean.
2. What does Ahmad say Yasim is useless in when referring to him as "Haniya's son"?
3. Who dies in Chapter 63?
4. Which of the following things does not happen in the revolution that makes Fahmy's spirits soar?
(a) Mass demonstrations.
(b) Campus uproars.
5. Who do Ahmad's children decide to ask for help to get him to let Amina return?
(c) Umm Hanafi.
(d) Umm Maryam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
2. Who chaperones Kamal to and from school during the revolution?
3. How does Yasim's mother look when he tells her he loves her?
4. What day does Ahmad and his sons go to prayer service in Chapter 61?
5. Who is absent from coffee hour in Chapter 42?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
2. How is Amina's homecoming described after Ahmad sends her a pardon to return?
3. How does Fahmy react when the first martyrs start dying in the revolution?
4. How does Ahmad participate in politics according to his actions in Chapter 49?
5. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
6. What do Kamal and Umm Hanafi tell the others happened when they were chased by British troops?
7. What does Jalia confront Ahmad about when she joins the men's party during Aisha's marriage celebration?
8. What is the nature of Fahmy and Yasin's conversation in Chapter 41?
9. Why does Fahmy believe British troops have set up camp across from Abd al-Jawad's doorstep?
10. How is Yasin and Zaynab's marriage described in Chapter 46?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)