|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ahmad describe himself that makes him unwilling to allow the women of his house outdoors?
2. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
3. Who particularly sees trouble in the actions of Yasin's new wife after they are married?
4. What does Kamal accept from Khalil although he resents him in Chapter 43?
(b) A drink.
5. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zaynab threaten to do after fighting with Yasin in Chapter 57?
2. What is Yasin filled with on the day of his wedding?
3. On whom does most of the household burdens fall after Amina is evicted?
4. Where does Zaynab sleep after catching Yasin with Nur?
5. What does Ahmad congratulate himself for not doing like Yasin when reprimanding him in Chapter 58?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kamal's life affected by the revolution according to Chapter 55?
2. How is Umm Maryam's visit to Ahmad's store described in Chapter 35?
3. How is Amina's homecoming described after Ahmad sends her a pardon to return?
4. How does Khadija react when Aisha asks her for help sewing her wedding gown?
5. What does Ahmad tell Khadija just before she is married?
6. What occurs when Ahmad and his sons attend the Friday prayer service in Chapter 61?
7. What are Fahmy's views on nationalism, as described in Chapter 52?
8. How is Ahmad's visit with Umm Maryam described in Chapter 51?
9. How does Kamal tell Ahmad that he wants Amina back in their house?
10. How does Kamal act towards the British troops in Chapter 64?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)