|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions was not given to Yasin to describe him in Chapter 60?
(b) Unable to save himself.
(d) Too weak to tame a wife.
2. Where does Kamal take refuge when strikers break down the schoolroom door at his school?
(a) Palace Walk.
(b) Costaki's Bar.
(c) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(d) Uncle Hamdan's store.
3. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
4. Who does a young theology student accuse of being a spy at prayer service?
5. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kamal find the British troops rather than demonic?
2. Who dies in Chapter 63?
3. What does Kamal receive from the British troops after they chase him and Umm Hanafi?
4. What country does Kamal find on a map when picturing the exile's steadfast behavior?
5. How does Yasin feel when he discovers his father cheating on his mother in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ahmad participate in politics according to his actions in Chapter 49?
2. What does Ahmad tell Khadija just before she is married?
3. How does Fahmy react when the first martyrs start dying in the revolution?
4. What happens when Yasin finds the maid Nur on the roof of the house?
5. What does Jalia confront Ahmad about when she joins the men's party during Aisha's marriage celebration?
6. What occurs when Ahmad and his sons attend the Friday prayer service in Chapter 61?
7. How is Yasin and Zaynab's marriage described in Chapter 46?
8. What are Fahmy's views on nationalism, as described in Chapter 52?
9. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
10. How does Kamal tell Ahmad that he wants Amina back in their house?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)