|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Kamal find on a map when picturing the exile's steadfast behavior?
2. Who is absent from coffee hour in Chapter 42?
3. What does Ahmad invent in order not to admit that Yasin disobeys him?
4. What task does Aisha ask Khadija's help with in preparation for her wedding?
(a) Doing her makeup.
(b) Sewing the wedding gown.
(c) Fixing her hair.
(d) Making bed sheets.
5. What does Fahmy do after the first martyrs fall to English bullets?
(d) Buys weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
2. Who gets married in Chapter 47?
3. What does Yasim complain to Fahmy about his marriage in Chapter 48?
4. Of what nationality is Yasin's new wife?
5. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs when Ahmad and his sons attend the Friday prayer service in Chapter 61?
2. How does Kamal tell Ahmad that he wants Amina back in their house?
3. What is the nature of Fahmy and Yasin's conversation in Chapter 41?
4. What does Ahmad tell Khadija just before she is married?
5. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
6. How is Yasin's wedding reception described?
7. What are Fahmy's views on nationalism, as described in Chapter 52?
8. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
9. Why does Fahmy believe British troops have set up camp across from Abd al-Jawad's doorstep?
10. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)