|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings to Ahmand's shop the text of a petition to seek independence in Chapter 50?
2. What does Kamal become a regular at with the British troops in Chapter 64?
(a) Their church services.
(b) Their Sunday dinners.
(c) The tea queue.
(d) Their bar meetings.
3. Who gets married in Chapter 47?
4. Of what nationality is Yasin's new wife?
5. On whom does most of the household burdens fall after Amina is evicted?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is discovered to have left the house at the end of Chapter 58?
2. What does Ahmad say he does not do to his friends that take wives and daughters on outings with them?
3. What has Ahmad often fantasized about the person who visits his store in Chapter 35?
4. Who decides that the British troops are camping to intimidate and stop demonstrations?
5. What task does Aisha ask Khadija's help with in preparation for her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Fahmy's views on nationalism, as described in Chapter 52?
2. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
3. What does Jalia confront Ahmad about when she joins the men's party during Aisha's marriage celebration?
4. How does Kamal tell Ahmad that he wants Amina back in their house?
5. How is Yasin's last meeting with his mother described?
6. How is Ahmad's visit with Umm Maryam described in Chapter 51?
7. How does Kamal act towards the British troops in Chapter 64?
8. What happens when Yasin finds the maid Nur on the roof of the house?
9. How does Ahmad participate in politics according to his actions in Chapter 49?
10. How does Khadija react when Aisha asks her for help sewing her wedding gown?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)