|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
2. What country does Kamal find on a map when picturing the exile's steadfast behavior?
3. What is the name of the maid with whom Yasin cheats on his wife?
4. Who gets married in Chapter 47?
5. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
(a) Reading the Qu'ran.
(c) Imposition of martial law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zaynab threaten to do after fighting with Yasin in Chapter 57?
2. Who does Yasin try to have sex with in Chapter 41?
3. What is the content of the poem that Yasin is moved by?
4. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
5. What does Amina do after hearing about the two mediators who work on her behalf to get her back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Yasin and Zaynab's marriage described in Chapter 46?
2. How does Kamal act towards the British troops in Chapter 64?
3. What happens when Yasin finds the maid Nur on the roof of the house?
4. How is Kamal's life affected by the revolution according to Chapter 55?
5. What does Jalia confront Ahmad about when she joins the men's party during Aisha's marriage celebration?
6. How is Yasin's last meeting with his mother described?
7. How is Ahmad's visit with Umm Maryam described in Chapter 51?
8. Why does Fahmy believe British troops have set up camp across from Abd al-Jawad's doorstep?
9. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
10. What is the nature of Ahmad's reprimands towards Yasin in Chapter 58?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)