|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
2. What does Iffat demand of Ahmad when he visits him in Chapter 60?
(a) Ahmad's death.
(b) Yasin's arrest.
(c) A divorce.
(d) Free goods.
3. What does Amina's mother believe should have happened when her sons bring her a pardon to return home?
(a) It should have happened earlier.
(b) He should have never thrown her out.
(c) Ahmad should have brought it.
(d) It should have come later.
4. Who chaperones Kamal to and from school during the revolution?
(d) Umm Hanafi.
5. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is absent from coffee hour in Chapter 42?
2. What does Ahmad say Yasim is useless in when referring to him as "Haniya's son"?
3. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
4. Of what nationality is Yasin's new wife?
5. What task does Aisha ask Khadija's help with in preparation for her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kamal tell Ahmad that he wants Amina back in their house?
2. What do Kamal and Umm Hanafi tell the others happened when they were chased by British troops?
3. How does Kamal act towards the British troops in Chapter 64?
4. How does Ahmad participate in politics according to his actions in Chapter 49?
5. How is Yasin and Zaynab's marriage described in Chapter 46?
6. How is Kamal's life affected by the revolution according to Chapter 55?
7. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
8. How is Yasin's last meeting with his mother described?
9. Why does Fahmy believe British troops have set up camp across from Abd al-Jawad's doorstep?
10. What are Fahmy's views on nationalism, as described in Chapter 52?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)