|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 63?
2. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
(a) Imposition of martial law.
(c) Reading the Qu'ran.
3. What day does Ahmad and his sons go to prayer service in Chapter 61?
4. What does Ahmad feel singled out by the preacher's call to at prayer service?
(a) Preaching to others.
5. Whose house does Yasin watch in Chapter 39?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Ahmad's store and is flirtatious in Chapter 51?
2. What does Amina wish to do for Khadija after growing concerned about her in Chapter 38?
3. What does Fahmy do after the first martyrs fall to English bullets?
4. Who is discovered to have left the house at the end of Chapter 58?
5. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
2. What does Jalia confront Ahmad about when she joins the men's party during Aisha's marriage celebration?
3. How is Yasin's last meeting with his mother described?
4. Why does Fahmy believe British troops have set up camp across from Abd al-Jawad's doorstep?
5. How is Kamal's life affected by the revolution according to Chapter 55?
6. How does Kamal act towards the British troops in Chapter 64?
7. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
8. What do Kamal and Umm Hanafi tell the others happened when they were chased by British troops?
9. How is Amina's homecoming described after Ahmad sends her a pardon to return?
10. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)