|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
2. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
(c) Widow Shawcat's.
3. What does Amina do after hearing about the two mediators who work on her behalf to get her back home?
(b) Gets scared.
(c) Tenses up.
4. Who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 and gives him a verbal pounding?
(b) Widow Shawkat.
(c) Umm Nafusa.
(d) Umm Hanafi.
5. Who does Ahmad not learn about political situations from?
(a) Friends at soirees.
(b) His wife.
(d) Customers at his shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aisha dress when Amina, Khadija, and Kamal visit her in her new home after being married?
2. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
3. Who dies in Chapter 63?
4. Of what nationality is Yasin's new wife?
5. What is the name of Yasin's new bride?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Umm Maryam's visit to Ahmad's store described in Chapter 35?
2. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
3. Why is Fahmy stirred by politics in Chapter 48?
4. How does Ahmad participate in politics according to his actions in Chapter 49?
5. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
6. How does Kamal tell Ahmad that he wants Amina back in their house?
7. How is Yasin and Zaynab's marriage described in Chapter 46?
8. How is Ahmad's visit with Umm Maryam described in Chapter 51?
9. What does Jalia confront Ahmad about when she joins the men's party during Aisha's marriage celebration?
10. How is Amina's homecoming described after Ahmad sends her a pardon to return?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)