|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Fahmy and Yasin in the book?
(a) Father and son.
2. What is the name of the police officer Aisha likes?
(b) Hasan Ibrahim.
3. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
(a) Hair gel.
(d) A coat.
4. Who suggests to Amina that Aisha's engagement be allowed until Khadija is married first?
5. At what age was Yasin removed from his father's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amina react when Fahmy asks her to arrange his marriage to Maryam?
2. What does Yasin say he can no longer pretend regarding his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
3. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
4. What is Amina's husband's name?
5. What grazes Amina after leaving a mosque that causes her injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Amina's mother described when she goes to stay with her during her exile?
2. How does Amina's sons react when they come to visit her at her mother's house just after her exile?
3. How is Yasin's meeting with his mother described in Chapter 18?
4. How are Ahmad's actions to those outside his household described?
5. How does the family react when Fahmy asks Amina to arrange his marriage to Maryam?
6. What happens to Amina after her broken collarbone has healed?
7. How does Yasin prowl for women in Chapter 12?
8. What is Kamal doing after leaving school in Chapter 8?
9. How does Ahmad react to Fahmy's request to marry Maryam?
10. How are the three visitors that come to Ahmad's home described?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)