|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kamal review daily with Amina that makes him keep her there as long as possible?
(a) The tora.
(b) The kaaba.
(c) The unity.
(d) His sura.
2. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
(c) A coat.
(d) Hair gel.
3. What does Ahmad say when Amina asks him about Fahmy marrying Maryam?
(a) Agrees wholeheartedly.
(b) Says no, but may reconsider.
(c) Angrily dismisses the idea.
(d) Agrees but with doubts.
4. Where does Yasin go to after he is shocked to see an old man from his youth in Chapter 12?
(a) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
(b) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(c) Costaki's Bar.
(d) Sugar Street.
5. For what does Ahmad try to hire the woman who comes to his store after the matchmaker?
(a) As a singer.
(b) As a cook.
(c) As a prostitute.
(d) As a dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kamal see a bus heading at the end of Chapter 8?
2. At what age was Yasin removed from his father's house?
3. What is Yasin on the prowl for in Chapter 12?
4. What kind of coops does Amina keep on her roof?
5. Who does Ahmad insist get married first out of his children in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Amina's duties on her roof described in Chapter 6?
2. How are Ahmad's attempts at getting Zubayda to sing at a party described in Chapter 15?
3. How does Yasin prowl for women in Chapter 12?
4. How is Aisha's beauty regimine described in the book?
5. How does Amina's sons react when they come to visit her at her mother's house just after her exile?
6. How is Amina injured on her way home from visiting the al-Husayn shrine?
7. How are Ahmad's actions at a party where he hires Zubayda to sing described?
8. What is Kamal doing after leaving school in Chapter 8?
9. How are Ahmad and Mme. Zubayda's interactions described in Chapter 14?
10. How are Kamal's "story hungry" actions described in Chapter 9?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)