|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has Amina been married to her husband?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. Who shares a dream about being pushed off a roof with her family?
3. What does Amina see as her sign of dedication for her husband?
(a) Having children.
(d) Her vigils.
4. Who suggests to Amina that Aisha's engagement be allowed until Khadija is married first?
5. What does Amina ask God to forgive her husband for when she helps wash him after he gets home?
(a) His meanness.
(b) His womanizing.
(c) His bad temper.
(d) His drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amina feel after she starts supervising the household from bed?
2. What title does Ahmad hold at the party he throws in Chapter 16?
3. What is the name of the police officer Aisha likes?
4. What is the name of the widowed woman that the matchmaker says wants to become Ahmad's second wife?
5. Where does Amina go after leaving Ahmad's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yasin prowl for women in Chapter 12?
2. How are Amina's duties on her roof described in Chapter 6?
3. How are Ahmad and Mme. Zubayda's interactions described in Chapter 14?
4. What happens when Amina confesses leaving the house to visit the al-Husayn shrine to Ahmad?
5. How are Ahmad's attempts at getting Zubayda to sing at a party described in Chapter 15?
6. How is Yasin's meeting with his mother described in Chapter 18?
7. What happens to Amina after her broken collarbone has healed?
8. How does the family react when Fahmy asks Amina to arrange his marriage to Maryam?
9. How is Aisha's beauty regimine described in the book?
10. How is Ahmad's daily ritual each morning described?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)