|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the haughty and flirtatious woman who comes to Ahmad's store after the matchmaker?
2. What is the name of the matchmaker that visits Ahmad's store in Chapter 14?
(b) Umm Maryam.
(c) Umm Hanafi.
(d) Umm Ali.
3. Who suggests to Amina that Aisha's engagement be allowed until Khadija is married first?
4. What does Khadija demand a confession of from Aisha in addition to never watching the policeman again?
5. How does Amina feel after she starts supervising the household from bed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What war does Fahmy talk about with his family members in Chapter 9?
2. Of what are Yasin and Fahmy afraid that Ahmad is mad at them for in Chapter 30?
3. Where does pain course through Amina after she is injured leaving a mosque?
4. What does Ahmad do to Amina after she has healed from her injury?
5. What does Yasin's mother do joyfully when he visits her for the first time in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the three visitors that come to Ahmad's home described?
2. How does Yasin remember his happy childhood ruined by a fruit merchant?
3. How is Amina's mother described when she goes to stay with her during her exile?
4. Why does Aisha stand alone at her window each morning?
5. What is the nature of Yasin's complaints about his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
6. What happens to Amina after her broken collarbone has healed?
7. How does Ahmad react when a matchmaker hints that Mme. Nafusa wanted to be his second wife?
8. How are Kamal's "story hungry" actions described in Chapter 9?
9. How does Ahmad react to Shaykh Mutawalli's claim that he is an adulterer in Chapter 7?
10. How does Ahmad react to Fahmy's request to marry Maryam?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)