|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ahmad in Chapter 14 of the book?
2. What is wrong with Ahmad in Chapter 3 that makes noises anger him?
(a) He has a fever.
(b) His eye is hurt.
(c) He broke his foot.
(d) He is hung over.
3. Who shares a dream about being pushed off a roof with her family?
4. Who is described as "story hungry" in Chapter 9?
5. What is the relationship between Fahmy and Yasin in the book?
(d) Father and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose shrine does Yasin convince someone to go to in Chapter 27?
2. What does Kamal review daily with Amina that makes him keep her there as long as possible?
3. What does Amina discover she has broken?
4. Who suggests to Amina that Aisha's engagement be allowed until Khadija is married first?
5. How does Amina feel after she starts supervising the household from bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Ahmad's actions at a party where he hires Zubayda to sing described?
2. How are Ahmad's attempts at getting Zubayda to sing at a party described in Chapter 15?
3. How are the three visitors that come to Ahmad's home described?
4. What happens when Yasin finds the maid Nur on the roof of the house?
5. Why is Amina's attitude not patriotic enough after Zaghul's release?
6. Why does Aisha stand alone at her window each morning?
7. How is Yasin's meeting with his mother described in Chapter 18?
8. How are Kamal's "story hungry" actions described in Chapter 9?
9. What does the doctor tell Aisha about her baby after it is born?
10. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)