|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Amina tell Ahmad that she fell down the stairs to explain her broken bone?
2. Who are quarreling when Amina tells them she is leaving the house?
(a) Khadija and Kamal.
(b) Kamal and Fahmy.
(c) Khadija and Aisha.
(d) Yasin and Aisha.
3. What is the mock profession Ahmad's friends put on before leaving him in Chapter 16?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A prayer service.
4. What instrument does Ahmad play expertly?
(b) A guitar.
(c) A violin.
(d) A drum.
5. Who is jealous of Fahmy wanting to be married and points out Maryam's faults?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Zubayda's rival in her profession?
2. How many years has Amina been married to her husband?
3. Who accompanies Amina to a mosque in Chapter 27?
4. What title does Ahmad hold at the party he throws in Chapter 16?
5. What does Amina discover she has broken?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yasin remember his happy childhood ruined by a fruit merchant?
2. What is Kamal doing after leaving school in Chapter 8?
3. How are Amina's duties on her roof described in Chapter 6?
4. What happens when Amina confesses leaving the house to visit the al-Husayn shrine to Ahmad?
5. What happens to Amina after her broken collarbone has healed?
6. How is Ahmad's daily ritual each morning described?
7. How is Amina injured on her way home from visiting the al-Husayn shrine?
8. How are Ahmad's actions at a party where he hires Zubayda to sing described?
9. What is the nature of Khadija and Aisha's conversation regarding marriage in Chapter 5?
10. What does Fahmy do while sitting on a roof with Kamal in Chapter 10?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)