|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
(a) Tea queue.
(b) Secret hour.
(c) Family time.
(d) Coffee hour.
2. What is Yasin's mother's name?
3. What is on a provocative poster that Kamal looks at along with the shrine of al-Husayn?
4. What kind of eyes does Amina say Ahmad had that made her confess how she really was injured?
5. Who is sent by Fahmy on a nighttime mission to Maryam's?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Ahmad's morning rituals?
2. Whose shrine does Yasin convince someone to go to in Chapter 27?
3. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
4. What does Khadija demand a confession of from Aisha in addition to never watching the policeman again?
5. Who accompanies Amina to a mosque in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Amina after her broken collarbone has healed?
2. How are Ahmad's actions at a party where he hires Zubayda to sing described?
3. How does the family react when Fahmy asks Amina to arrange his marriage to Maryam?
4. How does Yasin prowl for women in Chapter 12?
5. How does Ahmad react to Fahmy's request to marry Maryam?
6. What does Amina help her husband with when he comes home drunk at midnight every night?
7. What is the nature of Khadija and Aisha's conversation regarding marriage in Chapter 5?
8. How is Yasin's meeting with his mother described in Chapter 18?
9. What happens when Amina confesses leaving the house to visit the al-Husayn shrine to Ahmad?
10. What does Fahmy do while sitting on a roof with Kamal in Chapter 10?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)