|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Ahmad's morning rituals?
(c) Awaits breakfast with his sons.
2. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
(b) A coat.
(c) Hair gel.
3. Where does Yasin go to after he is shocked to see an old man from his youth in Chapter 12?
(a) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(b) Costaki's Bar.
(c) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
(d) Sugar Street.
4. Who accompanies Amina to a mosque in Chapter 27?
5. What does Ahmad say when Amina asks him about Fahmy marrying Maryam?
(a) Agrees but with doubts.
(b) Says no, but may reconsider.
(c) Angrily dismisses the idea.
(d) Agrees wholeheartedly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of coops does Amina keep on her roof?
2. Where does Kamal see a bus heading at the end of Chapter 8?
3. Who suggests that Amina tell Ahmad that she fell down the stairs to explain her broken bone?
4. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
5. What does Kamal review daily with Amina that makes him keep her there as long as possible?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aisha's family react when she goes into labor?
2. How is Ahmad's daily ritual each morning described?
3. How is Amina's homecoming described after Ahmad sends her a pardon to return?
4. How are Kamal's "story hungry" actions described in Chapter 9?
5. How does the family react when Fahmy asks Amina to arrange his marriage to Maryam?
6. How does Ahmad react to Fahmy's request to marry Maryam?
7. Why is Amina's attitude not patriotic enough after Zaghul's release?
8. How is Yasin's meeting with his mother described in Chapter 18?
9. How is Kamal's visit to Maryam in Chapter 21 described?
10. How is Yasin and Amina's visit to the al-Husayn shrine described?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)