|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
(a) A coat.
(b) Hair gel.
2. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
(a) A fruit merchant.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A servant.
(d) A cook.
3. What handicap does Amina's mother have?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She can't walk.
(c) She has one arm.
(d) She is deaf.
4. Of what are Yasin and Fahmy afraid that Ahmad is mad at them for in Chapter 30?
(a) For allowing Amina to leave the house.
(b) For lying to him.
(c) For getting engaged.
(d) For drinking the night before.
5. Who is jealous of Fahmy wanting to be married and points out Maryam's faults?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is named second in command of the house while Amina rests from her injury?
2. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
3. What does Khadija demand a confession of from Aisha in addition to never watching the policeman again?
4. What color hair does Aisha have?
5. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the three visitors that come to Ahmad's home described?
2. Why does Aisha stand alone at her window each morning?
3. How is Amina's mother described when she goes to stay with her during her exile?
4. How are Ahmad's actions at a party where he hires Zubayda to sing described?
5. How are Ahmad's attempts at getting Zubayda to sing at a party described in Chapter 15?
6. How are Ahmad and Mme. Zubayda's interactions described in Chapter 14?
7. How does Ahmad react to Fahmy's request to marry Maryam?
8. What happens to Amina after her broken collarbone has healed?
9. How does the family react when Fahmy asks Amina to arrange his marriage to Maryam?
10. How does Amina's sons react when they come to visit her at her mother's house just after her exile?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)