|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has Amina been married to her husband?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 15 years.
2. Who is described as "story hungry" in Chapter 9?
3. What is the name of Ahmad's assistant?
4. What grazes Amina after leaving a mosque that causes her injury?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A horse.
(d) A car.
5. What instrument does Ahmad play expertly?
(b) A guitar.
(c) A violin.
(d) A drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amina discover she has broken?
2. What part of Khadija do Yasin and Kamal make fun of her for?
3. What does Yasin reject regarding his mother's justification about her life?
4. Who does Ahmad insist get married first out of his children in Chapter 5?
5. Who is the first character seen in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the three visitors that come to Ahmad's home described?
2. How are Ahmad's attempts at getting Zubayda to sing at a party described in Chapter 15?
3. How are Ahmad and Mme. Zubayda's interactions described in Chapter 14?
4. How does Yasin prowl for women in Chapter 12?
5. What is the nature of Yasin's complaints about his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
6. How is Amina injured on her way home from visiting the al-Husayn shrine?
7. How are Ahmad's actions at a party where he hires Zubayda to sing described?
8. What happens to Amina after her broken collarbone has healed?
9. How does the family react to Ahmad's announcement that Aisha cannot marry in Chapter 26?
10. What is the nature of Khadija and Aisha's conversation regarding marriage in Chapter 5?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)