|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ahmad stop agitating to enforce good order in Chapter 20?
(a) Afternoon prayers.
(b) Daily chores.
(c) When he visits the bar.
(d) His afternoon drink.
2. What does Ahmad say when Amina asks him about Fahmy marrying Maryam?
(a) Angrily dismisses the idea.
(b) Says no, but may reconsider.
(c) Agrees but with doubts.
(d) Agrees wholeheartedly.
3. Who shares a dream about being pushed off a roof with her family?
4. What does Ahmad do to Amina after she has healed from her injury?
(a) Makes love to her.
(b) Evicts her.
(c) Takes her shopping.
(d) Beats her.
5. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
(a) Hair gel.
(b) A coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Amina to a mosque in Chapter 27?
2. What is the name of Amina's servant that helps her knead dough?
3. Who is left with the sorrow of a lost opportunity when Ahmad refues to let Aisha be married?
4. Where does Amina go after leaving Ahmad's home?
5. Who is the first character seen in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Kamal's "story hungry" actions described in Chapter 9?
2. How are Ahmad and Mme. Zubayda's interactions described in Chapter 14?
3. What happens to Amina after her broken collarbone has healed?
4. How does the family react when Fahmy asks Amina to arrange his marriage to Maryam?
5. How is Amina injured on her way home from visiting the al-Husayn shrine?
6. How does Yasin remember his happy childhood ruined by a fruit merchant?
7. How are the three visitors that come to Ahmad's home described?
8. How is Aisha's beauty regimine described in the book?
9. What does Amina help her husband with when he comes home drunk at midnight every night?
10. How is Kamal's visit to Maryam in Chapter 21 described?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)