|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor girl who Fahmy watches do chores from the roof?
2. What does Yasin call his mother before angrily leaving her in Chapter 18?
(a) A liar.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A thief.
(d) A monster.
3. What part of Khadija do Yasin and Kamal make fun of her for?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her attitude.
(d) Her body.
4. Who are quarreling when Amina tells them she is leaving the house?
(a) Khadija and Aisha.
(b) Khadija and Kamal.
(c) Yasin and Aisha.
(d) Kamal and Fahmy.
5. What is the name of Ahmad's assistant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ahmad do to Amina after she has healed from her injury?
2. What title does Ahmad hold at the party he throws in Chapter 16?
3. When does Ahmad stop agitating to enforce good order in Chapter 20?
4. What profession is the man that Yasin has learned his mother will marry in Chapter 17?
5. What is the relationship between Fahmy and Yasin in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Ahmad's attempts at getting Zubayda to sing at a party described in Chapter 15?
2. How does the family react when Fahmy asks Amina to arrange his marriage to Maryam?
3. How are Ahmad's actions at a party where he hires Zubayda to sing described?
4. What is the nature of Yasin's complaints about his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
5. How are the three visitors that come to Ahmad's home described?
6. How is Amina's mother described when she goes to stay with her during her exile?
7. What happens to Amina after her broken collarbone has healed?
8. How is Ahmad's daily ritual each morning described?
9. What is Kamal doing after leaving school in Chapter 8?
10. What is the nature of Khadija and Aisha's conversation regarding marriage in Chapter 5?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)