|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is named second in command of the house while Amina rests from her injury?
2. What instrument does Ahmad play expertly?
(a) A drum.
(b) A violin.
(c) A guitar.
3. How many years has Amina been married to her husband?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. What grazes Amina after leaving a mosque that causes her injury?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A car.
(c) A horse.
(d) A bomb.
5. What does Fahmy tell Amina that he will do before getting married to Maryam?
(a) Graduate from school.
(b) Graduate and get a job.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Buy a ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is jealous of Fahmy wanting to be married and points out Maryam's faults?
2. What does Yasin call his mother before angrily leaving her in Chapter 18?
3. What does Ahmad do to Amina after she has healed from her injury?
4. Of what are Yasin and Fahmy afraid that Ahmad is mad at them for in Chapter 30?
5. Who is described as the more beautiful of Amina's daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amina help her husband with when he comes home drunk at midnight every night?
2. How does Amina's sons react when they come to visit her at her mother's house just after her exile?
3. How is Yasin's meeting with his mother described in Chapter 18?
4. What happens when Amina confesses leaving the house to visit the al-Husayn shrine to Ahmad?
5. How are Ahmad's actions at a party where he hires Zubayda to sing described?
6. How is Ahmad's daily ritual each morning described?
7. How does Ahmad react to Shaykh Mutawalli's claim that he is an adulterer in Chapter 7?
8. What happens to Amina after her broken collarbone has healed?
9. How does the family react to Ahmad's announcement that Aisha cannot marry in Chapter 26?
10. How does Yasin prowl for women in Chapter 12?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)