|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as the more beautiful of Amina's daughters?
2. What color hair does Aisha have?
3. What does Kamal envy about Yasin at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) His happiness.
(b) His knowledge.
(c) His passion.
(d) His freedom.
4. At what age was Yasin removed from his father's house?
5. What is Yasin's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khadija demand a confession of from Aisha in addition to never watching the policeman again?
2. What does Yasin tell his mother is the only way he will love her again when he visits her for the first time in the book?
3. What does Amina feel opening as she pleads with Ahmad about Aisha's marriage in Chapter 25?
4. Who suggests that Amina tell Ahmad that she fell down the stairs to explain her broken bone?
5. For what reason must Aisha make her confession, according to Khadija in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ahmad's daily ritual each morning described?
2. How is Yasin's meeting with his mother described in Chapter 18?
3. What happens to Amina after her broken collarbone has healed?
4. Why does Fahmy believe British troops have set up camp across from Abd al-Jawad's doorstep?
5. How does Yasin remember his happy childhood ruined by a fruit merchant?
6. How does Aisha's family react when she goes into labor?
7. How is Amina's homecoming described after Ahmad sends her a pardon to return?
8. How is Aisha's beauty regimine described in the book?
9. How is Yasin and Amina's visit to the al-Husayn shrine described?
10. What is the nature of Iffat's visit to Ahmad's store in Chapter 60?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)