|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor girl who Fahmy watches do chores from the roof?
2. What does Yasin say he can no longer pretend regarding his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he hates her.
(c) That she isn't dead.
(d) That she doesn't exist.
3. How does Amina feel after she starts supervising the household from bed?
4. What kind of coops does Amina keep on her roof?
(a) Doves and ducks.
(b) Pigeon and chicken.
5. What instrument does Ahmad play expertly?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A drum.
(d) A violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
2. Who is named second in command of the house while Amina rests from her injury?
3. Where does Amina go after leaving Ahmad's home?
4. What kind of eyes does Amina say Ahmad had that made her confess how she really was injured?
5. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Khadija and Aisha's conversation regarding marriage in Chapter 5?
2. How are Ahmad's actions at a party where he hires Zubayda to sing described?
3. What does Amina help her husband with when he comes home drunk at midnight every night?
4. Why does Aisha stand alone at her window each morning?
5. How is Yasin's meeting with his mother described in Chapter 18?
6. How are Ahmad's actions to those outside his household described?
7. How does Ahmad react to Fahmy's request to marry Maryam?
8. What is the nature of Yasin's complaints about his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
9. How is Yasin and Amina's visit to the al-Husayn shrine described?
10. How is Kamal's visit to Maryam in Chapter 21 described?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)