Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cafÃ© that Yasin settles on in Chapter 12?
(a) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(b) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
(c) Ahmad's Coffee Shop.
(d) Ezbekiya Garden.
2. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
(a) His activities.
(b) His feelings.
(c) His work.
(d) His rules.
3. Who does Ahmad insist get married first out of his children in Chapter 5?
4. What does Ahmad say when Amina asks him about Fahmy marrying Maryam?
(a) Agrees wholeheartedly.
(b) Angrily dismisses the idea.
(c) Says no, but may reconsider.
(d) Agrees but with doubts.
5. What is Maryam's family name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kamal see a bus heading at the end of Chapter 8?
2. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
3. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
4. What war does Fahmy talk about with his family members in Chapter 9?
5. What does Amina feel opening as she pleads with Ahmad about Aisha's marriage in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Amina's sons react when they come to visit her at her mother's house just after her exile?
2. How are Amina's duties on her roof described in Chapter 6?
3. How does Yasin remember his happy childhood ruined by a fruit merchant?
4. What does the doctor tell Aisha about her baby after it is born?
5. How are Ahmad's attempts at getting Zubayda to sing at a party described in Chapter 15?
6. How does Fahmy react when the first martyrs start dying in the revolution?
7. How is Ahmad's visit with Umm Maryam described in Chapter 51?
8. What is the nature of Yasin's complaints about his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
9. How are Aisha's new surroundings described after she is married and Amina, Khadaji, and Kamal visit her?
10. How are Ahmad's actions to those outside his household described?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)