|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
2. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
(a) Widow Shawcat's.
3. What is the name of the maid with whom Yasin cheats on his wife?
4. Whose life is focused on in Chapter 55 as it relates to the revolution's impact?
5. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
6. Who gets married in Chapter 47?
7. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
8. Who decides that the British troops are camping to intimidate and stop demonstrations?
9. Who dies in Chapter 63?
10. How does Kamal find the British troops rather than demonic?
(c) Funny looking.
11. What does Ahmad invent in order not to admit that Yasin disobeys him?
12. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
13. What is Ahmad shocked to learn that Yasin does every night?
(a) Goes to debates.
(b) Cheats on his wife.
(d) Gets drunk.
14. What does Ahmad tell Yasim he must do if he can't control his wife?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Leave the house.
(c) Beat her.
(d) Move to another city.
15. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
(a) Reading the Qu'ran.
(d) Imposition of martial law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chaperones Kamal to and from school during the revolution?
2. Whose marriage does the Widow Shawcat arrange in Chapter 45?
3. Who is discovered to have left the house at the end of Chapter 58?
4. Who does the person who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 wish for her son to marry?
5. Which of the following things does not happen in the revolution that makes Fahmy's spirits soar?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)