|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ahmad feel singled out by the preacher's call to at prayer service?
(a) Preaching to others.
2. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
3. Who does Yasin try to have sex with in Chapter 41?
(d) Umm Hanafi.
4. Which of the following things does not happen in the revolution that makes Fahmy's spirits soar?
(b) Mass demonstrations.
(c) Campus uproars.
5. Who does Ahmad not learn about political situations from?
(a) Customers at his shop.
(b) Friends at soirees.
(c) His wife.
6. Who dies in Chapter 63?
7. Who brings to Ahmand's shop the text of a petition to seek independence in Chapter 50?
8. What country does Kamal find on a map when picturing the exile's steadfast behavior?
9. Who does the person who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 wish for her son to marry?
10. What does Zaynab threaten to do after fighting with Yasin in Chapter 57?
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Cheat on him.
(d) Kill him.
11. Who does a young theology student accuse of being a spy at prayer service?
12. Who visits Ahmad at his store at the beginning of Chapter 35?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
(d) Umm Maryam.
13. What is the name of Yasin's new bride?
14. Whose life is focused on in Chapter 55 as it relates to the revolution's impact?
15. Who gets married in Chapter 47?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
2. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
3. Who particularly sees trouble in the actions of Yasin's new wife after they are married?
4. What does Kamal accept from Khalil although he resents him in Chapter 43?
5. What does a black maid invite Yasin to see for the first time in Chapter 44?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)