|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
(c) Imposition of martial law.
(d) Reading the Qu'ran.
2. Who is the only one to have an appetite in the family in Chapter 57?
3. What does Kamal accept from Khalil although he resents him in Chapter 43?
(c) A drink.
4. Who particularly sees trouble in the actions of Yasin's new wife after they are married?
5. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
(a) Widow Shawcat's.
6. What is the name of Yasin's new bride?
7. Whose marriage does the Widow Shawcat arrange in Chapter 45?
(a) Aisha and Hasan's.
(b) Fahmy and Maryam's.
(c) Ibrahim and Khadija's.
(d) Yasin and Haniya's.
8. What does Ahmad say Yasim is useless in when referring to him as "Haniya's son"?
9. What does Amina's mother believe should have happened when her sons bring her a pardon to return home?
(a) It should have happened earlier.
(b) Ahmad should have brought it.
(c) He should have never thrown her out.
(d) It should have come later.
10. What does Ahmad feel singled out by the preacher's call to at prayer service?
(c) Preaching to others.
11. What does Fahmy read a letter about from the Wafd Delegation to the Sultan in protest of?
(b) British denial of Egypt's rights.
(d) Egyptian revolutions.
12. What is Yasin filled with on the day of his wedding?
(a) Dread and regret.
(b) Relief and dread.
(c) Happiness and thankfulness.
(d) Happiness and dread.
13. What does a black maid invite Yasin to see for the first time in Chapter 44?
(a) His honeymoon suite.
(b) His bride.
(c) His new house.
(d) His wedding presents.
14. How does Yasim's mother look when he tells her he loves her?
15. Who is absent from coffee hour in Chapter 42?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
2. What is the name of the maid with whom Yasin cheats on his wife?
3. Who does the person who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 wish for her son to marry?
4. Which of the following things does not happen in the revolution that makes Fahmy's spirits soar?
5. What does Ahmad congratulate himself for not doing like Yasin when reprimanding him in Chapter 58?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)