|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose marriage does the Widow Shawcat arrange in Chapter 45?
(a) Ibrahim and Khadija's.
(b) Fahmy and Maryam's.
(c) Yasin and Haniya's.
(d) Aisha and Hasan's.
2. Who particularly sees trouble in the actions of Yasin's new wife after they are married?
3. Who do Ahmad's children decide to ask for help to get him to let Amina return?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
(b) Umm Maryam.
4. What day does Ahmad and his sons go to prayer service in Chapter 61?
5. Who is the only one to have an appetite in the family in Chapter 57?
6. What does Ahmad say Yasim is useless in when referring to him as "Haniya's son"?
7. What is Yasin filled with on the day of his wedding?
(a) Happiness and thankfulness.
(b) Dread and regret.
(c) Relief and dread.
(d) Happiness and dread.
8. What is the name of Khalil's brother who looks at Khadija?
9. What is Ahmad shocked to learn that Yasin does every night?
(a) Goes to debates.
(b) Cheats on his wife.
(c) Gets drunk.
10. What is the name of the maid with whom Yasin cheats on his wife?
11. Where does Kamal take refuge when strikers break down the schoolroom door at his school?
(a) Uncle Hamdan's store.
(b) Palace Walk.
(c) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(d) Costaki's Bar.
12. Who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 and gives him a verbal pounding?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
(b) Umm Nafusa.
(d) Widow Shawkat.
13. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
14. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
15. Who gets married in Chapter 47?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasim complain to Fahmy about his marriage in Chapter 48?
2. Who does Yasin try to have sex with in Chapter 41?
3. On whom does most of the household burdens fall after Amina is evicted?
4. What is the name of Ahmad's friend that bemoans the burden of raising girls?
5. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)