|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one to have an appetite in the family in Chapter 57?
2. What does Ahmad say he does not do to his friends that take wives and daughters on outings with them?
(a) Love them.
(b) Judge them.
(c) Agree with them.
(d) Hate them.
3. What does Fahmy do after the first martyrs fall to English bullets?
(c) Buys weapons.
4. What is the content of the poem that Yasin is moved by?
(d) Women's demonstrations.
5. Who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 and gives him a verbal pounding?
(a) Widow Shawkat.
(b) Umm Nafusa.
(d) Umm Hanafi.
6. Who is absent from coffee hour in Chapter 42?
7. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
(c) Widow Shawcat's.
8. How does Yasin feel when he discovers his father cheating on his mother in Chapter 39?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is disgusted.
(d) He admires him.
9. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
(c) Imposition of martial law.
(d) Reading the Qu'ran.
10. What does Ahmad congratulate himself for not doing like Yasin when reprimanding him in Chapter 58?
(a) Hurting others.
(d) Wallowing in mud.
11. What is Yasin filled with on the day of his wedding?
(a) Relief and dread.
(b) Happiness and thankfulness.
(c) Happiness and dread.
(d) Dread and regret.
12. What does Aisha show that she will obey of God and her father in Chapter 38?
(a) Her father.
(c) The higher will.
(d) Her mother.
13. Which of the following things does Ahmad not do when reprimanding Yasin in Chapter 58?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Calls him a disgrace and defiler of his home.
(c) Insults him.
(d) Is silent.
14. What does Kamal accept from Khalil although he resents him in Chapter 43?
(d) A drink.
15. What task does Aisha ask Khadija's help with in preparation for her wedding?
(a) Making bed sheets.
(b) Fixing her hair.
(c) Sewing the wedding gown.
(d) Doing her makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
2. How does Kamal find the British troops rather than demonic?
3. Whose life is focused on in Chapter 55 as it relates to the revolution's impact?
4. What does a black maid invite Yasin to see for the first time in Chapter 44?
5. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)