|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
2. Where does Kamal take refuge when strikers break down the schoolroom door at his school?
(a) Uncle Hamdan's store.
(b) Costaki's Bar.
(c) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(d) Palace Walk.
3. What is the name of Khalil's brother who looks at Khadija?
4. Whose house does Yasin watch in Chapter 39?
5. What is Ahmad shocked to learn that Yasin does every night?
(a) Gets drunk.
(c) Cheats on his wife.
(d) Goes to debates.
6. What does Ahmad invent in order not to admit that Yasin disobeys him?
7. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
8. What does Fahmy read a letter about from the Wafd Delegation to the Sultan in protest of?
(a) Egyptian revolutions.
(b) British denial of Egypt's rights.
9. Who does a young theology student accuse of being a spy at prayer service?
10. Who is absent from coffee hour in Chapter 42?
11. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
(a) Reading the Qu'ran.
(d) Imposition of martial law.
12. Which of the following things does not happen in the revolution that makes Fahmy's spirits soar?
(a) Campus uproars.
(b) Mass demonstrations.
13. What does Amina wish to do for Khadija after growing concerned about her in Chapter 38?
(a) Brush her hair.
(b) Read to her.
(c) Read her fortune.
(d) Take her to church.
14. Which of the following things does Ahmad not do when reprimanding Yasin in Chapter 58?
(a) Is silent.
(b) Calls him a disgrace and defiler of his home.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Insults him.
15. What does Amina do after hearing about the two mediators who work on her behalf to get her back home?
(b) Gets scared.
(c) Tenses up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
2. Who particularly sees trouble in the actions of Yasin's new wife after they are married?
3. What does Ahmad tell Yasim he must do if he can't control his wife?
4. Who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 and gives him a verbal pounding?
5. Who chaperones Kamal to and from school during the revolution?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)