|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
(c) Reading the Qu'ran.
(d) Imposition of martial law.
2. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. What day does Ahmad and his sons go to prayer service in Chapter 61?
4. What does Yasim complain to Fahmy about his marriage in Chapter 48?
(a) His wife is ugly.
(b) He is bored.
(c) His wife is mean.
(d) He hates being confined.
5. Who does the person who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 wish for her son to marry?
6. Who brings to Ahmand's shop the text of a petition to seek independence in Chapter 50?
7. Whose life is focused on in Chapter 55 as it relates to the revolution's impact?
8. Which of the following things does Ahmad not do when reprimanding Yasin in Chapter 58?
(a) Calls him a disgrace and defiler of his home.
(b) Is silent.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Insults him.
9. What does Ahmad say he does not do to his friends that take wives and daughters on outings with them?
(a) Love them.
(b) Judge them.
(c) Hate them.
(d) Agree with them.
10. What has Ahmad often fantasized about the person who visits his store in Chapter 35?
(a) Kissing her.
(b) Killing her.
(c) Sleeping with her.
(d) Beating her.
11. What does Ahmad tell Yasim he must do if he can't control his wife?
(a) Leave the house.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Beat her.
(d) Move to another city.
12. Who particularly sees trouble in the actions of Yasin's new wife after they are married?
13. How does Aisha dress when Amina, Khadija, and Kamal visit her in her new home after being married?
14. How does Kamal find the British troops rather than demonic?
(c) Funny looking.
15. Who visits Ahmad at his store at the beginning of Chapter 35?
(c) Umm Hanafi.
(d) Umm Maryam.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yasin feel when he discovers his father cheating on his mother in Chapter 39?
2. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
3. How does Ahmad describe himself that makes him unwilling to allow the women of his house outdoors?
4. What does a black maid invite Yasin to see for the first time in Chapter 44?
5. What is the name of Ahmad's friend that bemoans the burden of raising girls?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)