|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose life is focused on in Chapter 55 as it relates to the revolution's impact?
2. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. How does Aisha dress when Amina, Khadija, and Kamal visit her in her new home after being married?
4. How does Kamal find the British troops rather than demonic?
(a) Funny looking.
5. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
(b) Reading the Qu'ran.
(d) Imposition of martial law.
6. What does Aisha show that she will obey of God and her father in Chapter 38?
(a) Her father.
(b) The higher will.
(c) Her mother.
7. Who visits Ahmad at his store at the beginning of Chapter 35?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
(b) Umm Maryam.
8. How does Ahmad describe himself that makes him unwilling to allow the women of his house outdoors?
9. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
10. Of what nationality is Yasin's new wife?
11. Whose marriage does the Widow Shawcat arrange in Chapter 45?
(a) Fahmy and Maryam's.
(b) Yasin and Haniya's.
(c) Ibrahim and Khadija's.
(d) Aisha and Hasan's.
12. What does Iffat demand of Ahmad when he visits him in Chapter 60?
(a) Free goods.
(b) Ahmad's death.
(c) Yasin's arrest.
(d) A divorce.
13. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
14. What is the name of the maid with whom Yasin cheats on his wife?
15. Who gets married in Chapter 47?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Ahmad not do when reprimanding Yasin in Chapter 58?
2. What has Ahmad often fantasized about the person who visits his store in Chapter 35?
3. Who does Ahmad not learn about political situations from?
4. What is Ahmad shocked to learn that Yasin does every night?
5. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)