|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ahmad forbid Fahmy to do in Chapter 62?
(a) Be politically involved.
(b) Get married.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Go to school.
2. What country does Kamal find on a map when picturing the exile's steadfast behavior?
3. Whose marriage does the Widow Shawcat arrange in Chapter 45?
(a) Yasin and Haniya's.
(b) Ibrahim and Khadija's.
(c) Aisha and Hasan's.
(d) Fahmy and Maryam's.
4. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
5. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
6. What does Ahmad say Yasim is useless in when referring to him as "Haniya's son"?
7. Whose house does Yasin watch in Chapter 39?
8. What is the content of the poem that Yasin is moved by?
(a) Women's demonstrations.
9. What is the name of Ahmad's friend that bemoans the burden of raising girls?
10. Which of the following descriptions was not given to Yasin to describe him in Chapter 60?
(c) Too weak to tame a wife.
(d) Unable to save himself.
11. Who does Yasin try to have sex with in Chapter 41?
(c) Umm Hanafi.
12. What day does Ahmad and his sons go to prayer service in Chapter 61?
13. What does Amina wish to do for Khadija after growing concerned about her in Chapter 38?
(a) Take her to church.
(b) Brush her hair.
(c) Read her fortune.
(d) Read to her.
14. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
(d) Umm Hanafi.
15. Who dies in Chapter 63?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Yasin's new bride?
2. Who visits Ahmad's store and is flirtatious in Chapter 51?
3. Who visits Ahmad at his store at the beginning of Chapter 35?
4. What does Ahmad feel singled out by the preacher's call to at prayer service?
5. What does Ahmad invent in order not to admit that Yasin disobeys him?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)