|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose marriage does the Widow Shawcat arrange in Chapter 45?
(a) Aisha and Hasan's.
(b) Ibrahim and Khadija's.
(c) Yasin and Haniya's.
(d) Fahmy and Maryam's.
2. Whose life is focused on in Chapter 55 as it relates to the revolution's impact?
3. Which of the following things does Ahmad not do when reprimanding Yasin in Chapter 58?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Insults him.
(c) Is silent.
(d) Calls him a disgrace and defiler of his home.
4. What does Aisha show that she will obey of God and her father in Chapter 38?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) The higher will.
5. What task does Aisha ask Khadija's help with in preparation for her wedding?
(a) Fixing her hair.
(b) Sewing the wedding gown.
(c) Making bed sheets.
(d) Doing her makeup.
6. What does Ahmad congratulate himself for not doing like Yasin when reprimanding him in Chapter 58?
(b) Wallowing in mud.
(c) Hurting others.
7. Who is discovered to have left the house at the end of Chapter 58?
8. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
9. What does Fahmy do after the first martyrs fall to English bullets?
(d) Buys weapons.
10. Where does Kamal take refuge when strikers break down the schoolroom door at his school?
(a) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(b) Costaki's Bar.
(c) Palace Walk.
(d) Uncle Hamdan's store.
11. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
12. What does Zaynab threaten to do after fighting with Yasin in Chapter 57?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Cheat on him.
(c) Kill him.
13. Who decides that the British troops are camping to intimidate and stop demonstrations?
14. What does a black maid invite Yasin to see for the first time in Chapter 44?
(a) His bride.
(b) His honeymoon suite.
(c) His wedding presents.
(d) His new house.
15. What is the name of Ahmad's friend that bemoans the burden of raising girls?
Short Answer Questions
1. On whom does most of the household burdens fall after Amina is evicted?
2. How does Yasin feel when he discovers his father cheating on his mother in Chapter 39?
3. What does Ahmad tell Yasim he must do if he can't control his wife?
4. Of what nationality is Yasin's new wife?
5. Who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 and gives him a verbal pounding?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)