|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
2. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
(c) Umm Hanafi.
3. What does Aisha show that she will obey of God and her father in Chapter 38?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) The higher will.
4. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
5. What is the content of the poem that Yasin is moved by?
(c) Women's demonstrations.
6. Who is absent from coffee hour in Chapter 42?
7. Who does a young theology student accuse of being a spy at prayer service?
8. Who does Yasin try to have sex with in Chapter 41?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
9. What does Kamal accept from Khalil although he resents him in Chapter 43?
(b) A drink.
10. Where does Zaynab sleep after catching Yasin with Nur?
(a) The den.
(b) The parlor.
(c) The basement floor.
(d) The guest room.
11. Who brings to Ahmand's shop the text of a petition to seek independence in Chapter 50?
12. What does Kamal receive from the British troops after they chase him and Umm Hanafi?
13. What is Ahmad shocked to learn that Yasin does every night?
(a) Goes to debates.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Cheats on his wife.
14. Who is discovered to have left the house at the end of Chapter 58?
15. What does Ahmad congratulate himself for not doing like Yasin when reprimanding him in Chapter 58?
(a) Wallowing in mud.
(d) Hurting others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
2. Who do Ahmad's children decide to ask for help to get him to let Amina return?
3. What does Kamal become a regular at with the British troops in Chapter 64?
4. Which of the following things does Ahmad not do when reprimanding Yasin in Chapter 58?
5. Which of the following things does not happen in the revolution that makes Fahmy's spirits soar?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)