|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ahmad say Yasim is useless in when referring to him as "Haniya's son"?
2. Where does Zaynab sleep after catching Yasin with Nur?
(a) The parlor.
(b) The den.
(c) The basement floor.
(d) The guest room.
3. What is Kamal doing in a circle of soldiers in Chapter 59?
4. What is the name of Khalil's brother who looks at Khadija?
5. What does a black maid invite Yasin to see for the first time in Chapter 44?
(a) His bride.
(b) His new house.
(c) His wedding presents.
(d) His honeymoon suite.
6. Which of the following descriptions was not given to Yasin to describe him in Chapter 60?
(b) Too weak to tame a wife.
(d) Unable to save himself.
7. Who does a young theology student accuse of being a spy at prayer service?
8. Whose marriage does the Widow Shawcat arrange in Chapter 45?
(a) Aisha and Hasan's.
(b) Yasin and Haniya's.
(c) Fahmy and Maryam's.
(d) Ibrahim and Khadija's.
9. What is Yasin filled with on the day of his wedding?
(a) Relief and dread.
(b) Happiness and dread.
(c) Dread and regret.
(d) Happiness and thankfulness.
10. What does Ahmad feel singled out by the preacher's call to at prayer service?
(b) Preaching to others.
11. How does Aisha dress when Amina, Khadija, and Kamal visit her in her new home after being married?
12. Who gets married in Chapter 47?
13. Who particularly sees trouble in the actions of Yasin's new wife after they are married?
14. What is the name of Ahmad's friend that bemoans the burden of raising girls?
15. What does Kamal accept from Khalil although he resents him in Chapter 43?
(d) A drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is discovered to have left the house at the end of Chapter 58?
2. What task does Aisha ask Khadija's help with in preparation for her wedding?
3. Who visits Ahmad's store and is flirtatious in Chapter 51?
4. What does Amina's mother believe should have happened when her sons bring her a pardon to return home?
5. What is the name of the maid with whom Yasin cheats on his wife?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)