|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 63?
2. Which of the following things does not happen in the revolution that makes Fahmy's spirits soar?
(b) Mass demonstrations.
(d) Campus uproars.
3. Who does Yasin try to have sex with in Chapter 41?
(d) Umm Hanafi.
4. Who decides that the British troops are camping to intimidate and stop demonstrations?
5. Which of the following things does Ahmad not do when reprimanding Yasin in Chapter 58?
(a) Is silent.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Insults him.
(d) Calls him a disgrace and defiler of his home.
6. What day does Ahmad and his sons go to prayer service in Chapter 61?
7. What does Ahmad feel singled out by the preacher's call to at prayer service?
(a) Preaching to others.
8. What does Ahmad forbid Fahmy to do in Chapter 62?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Get married.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Be politically involved.
9. What does Iffat demand of Ahmad when he visits him in Chapter 60?
(a) Yasin's arrest.
(b) Ahmad's death.
(c) Free goods.
(d) A divorce.
10. How does Aisha dress when Amina, Khadija, and Kamal visit her in her new home after being married?
11. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
12. What does Amina do after hearing about the two mediators who work on her behalf to get her back home?
(a) Gets scared.
(b) Tenses up.
13. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
14. Who chaperones Kamal to and from school during the revolution?
(c) Umm Hanafi.
15. Who do Ahmad's children decide to ask for help to get him to let Amina return?
(b) Umm Maryam.
(c) Umm Hanafi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does a young theology student accuse of being a spy at prayer service?
2. What does Amina wish to do for Khadija after growing concerned about her in Chapter 38?
3. Who visits Ahmad's store and is flirtatious in Chapter 51?
4. Who is absent from coffee hour in Chapter 42?
5. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)