|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does Yasin watch in Chapter 39?
2. Who particularly sees trouble in the actions of Yasin's new wife after they are married?
3. What does Ahmad invent in order not to admit that Yasin disobeys him?
4. What is the name of Ahmad's friend that bemoans the burden of raising girls?
5. What has Ahmad often fantasized about the person who visits his store in Chapter 35?
(a) Kissing her.
(b) Sleeping with her.
(c) Killing her.
(d) Beating her.
6. What does Kamal receive from the British troops after they chase him and Umm Hanafi?
7. What does Amina wish to do for Khadija after growing concerned about her in Chapter 38?
(a) Brush her hair.
(b) Read her fortune.
(c) Read to her.
(d) Take her to church.
8. What does Fahmy do after the first martyrs fall to English bullets?
(b) Buys weapons.
9. What does Ahmad feel singled out by the preacher's call to at prayer service?
(d) Preaching to others.
10. How does Aisha dress when Amina, Khadija, and Kamal visit her in her new home after being married?
11. What does Amina do after hearing about the two mediators who work on her behalf to get her back home?
(c) Gets scared.
(d) Tenses up.
12. What does Ahmad say he does not do to his friends that take wives and daughters on outings with them?
(a) Hate them.
(b) Judge them.
(c) Agree with them.
(d) Love them.
13. Who does Yasin try to have sex with in Chapter 41?
(b) Umm Hanafi.
14. Who dies in Chapter 63?
15. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Ahmad at his store at the beginning of Chapter 35?
2. What does Amina's mother believe should have happened when her sons bring her a pardon to return home?
3. Who brings to Ahmand's shop the text of a petition to seek independence in Chapter 50?
4. What is Ahmad shocked to learn that Yasin does every night?
5. How does Ahmad describe himself that makes him unwilling to allow the women of his house outdoors?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)