|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose daughter does Ahmad announce Yasin will marry?
(a) Widow Shawcat's.
2. What is Yasin filled with on the day of his wedding?
(a) Happiness and dread.
(b) Dread and regret.
(c) Relief and dread.
(d) Happiness and thankfulness.
3. Who do Ahmad's children decide to ask for help to get him to let Amina return?
(a) Umm Maryam.
(d) Umm Hanafi.
4. What is the name of Ahmad's friend that bemoans the burden of raising girls?
5. What is the name of Khalil's brother who looks at Khadija?
6. What does Fahmy read a letter about from the Wafd Delegation to the Sultan in protest of?
(a) British denial of Egypt's rights.
(d) Egyptian revolutions.
7. What does Yasim complain to Fahmy about his marriage in Chapter 48?
(a) His wife is mean.
(b) He hates being confined.
(c) He is bored.
(d) His wife is ugly.
8. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
9. What does Ahmad say Yasim is useless in when referring to him as "Haniya's son"?
10. Who visits Ahmad's store and is flirtatious in Chapter 51?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
(c) Umm Maryam.
(d) Widow Shawcat.
11. What does Iffat demand of Ahmad when he visits him in Chapter 60?
(a) Yasin's arrest.
(b) Ahmad's death.
(c) A divorce.
(d) Free goods.
12. How does Yasim's mother look when he tells her he loves her?
13. How does Yasin feel when he discovers his father cheating on his mother in Chapter 39?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He admires him.
(d) He is disgusted.
14. What has Ahmad often fantasized about the person who visits his store in Chapter 35?
(a) Beating her.
(b) Sleeping with her.
(c) Killing her.
(d) Kissing her.
15. Who does Yasin try to have sex with in Chapter 41?
(d) Umm Hanafi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the person who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 wish for her son to marry?
2. Which of the following things does Ahmad not do when reprimanding Yasin in Chapter 58?
3. Who decides that the British troops are camping to intimidate and stop demonstrations?
4. What does Kamal become a regular at with the British troops in Chapter 64?
5. What does Ahmad congratulate himself for not doing like Yasin when reprimanding him in Chapter 58?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)