|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house does Yasin watch in Chapter 39?
2. What is the name of Ahmad's friend that bemoans the burden of raising girls?
3. What does Zaynab threaten to do after fighting with Yasin in Chapter 57?
(a) Cheat on him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Kill herself.
4. How does Yasin feel when he discovers his father cheating on his mother in Chapter 39?
(a) He admires him.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is disgusted.
5. What does Aisha show that she will obey of God and her father in Chapter 38?
(a) Her mother.
(c) The higher will.
(d) Her father.
6. Who decides that the British troops are camping to intimidate and stop demonstrations?
7. What does Ahmad feel singled out by the preacher's call to at prayer service?
(c) Preaching to others.
8. What task does Aisha ask Khadija's help with in preparation for her wedding?
(a) Fixing her hair.
(b) Sewing the wedding gown.
(c) Making bed sheets.
(d) Doing her makeup.
9. Who does Yasin not invite to his wedding?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
10. What does Yasin complain about a lack of at his wedding celebration?
11. Whose marriage does the Widow Shawcat arrange in Chapter 45?
(a) Aisha and Hasan's.
(b) Ibrahim and Khadija's.
(c) Fahmy and Maryam's.
(d) Yasin and Haniya's.
12. Which of the following things does Ahmad not do when reprimanding Yasin in Chapter 58?
(a) Calls him a disgrace and defiler of his home.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Insults him.
(d) Is silent.
13. Who gets married in Chapter 47?
14. Which of the following things does not happen in the revolution that makes Fahmy's spirits soar?
(a) Mass demonstrations.
(d) Campus uproars.
15. Who is the only one to have an appetite in the family in Chapter 57?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ahmad congratulate himself for not doing like Yasin when reprimanding him in Chapter 58?
2. What does Kamal receive from the British troops after they chase him and Umm Hanafi?
3. Who do Ahmad's children decide to ask for help to get him to let Amina return?
4. What does Ahmad say Yasim is useless in when referring to him as "Haniya's son"?
5. Who does Yasin try to have sex with in Chapter 41?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)