|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose shrine does Yasin convince someone to go to in Chapter 27?
(b) Shakyh Mutawalli's.
2. What is the name of the neighbor girl who Fahmy watches do chores from the roof?
3. What does Amina feel transformed into when entering a mosque?
(a) Something sweeter.
(b) Heaven bound.
(c) A saint.
(d) Pure spirit.
4. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
(a) Coffee hour.
(b) Tea queue.
(c) Secret hour.
(d) Family time.
5. Where does pain course through Amina after she is injured leaving a mosque?
(a) Her shoulder.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her stomach.
(d) Her leg.
6. What is Amina's husband's name?
7. What part of Khadija do Yasin and Kamal make fun of her for?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her attitude.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her body.
8. What does Yasin tell his mother is the only way he will love her again when he visits her for the first time in the book?
(a) Meet him in secret.
(b) Drop her wedding plans.
(d) Give him money.
9. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
(a) A coat.
(d) Hair gel.
10. Who suggests to Amina that Aisha's engagement be allowed until Khadija is married first?
11. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He went to town alone.
(c) He lost his watch.
(d) His circumcision.
12. Which of the following is not one of Ahmad's morning rituals?
(a) Awaits breakfast with his sons.
13. What kind of store does Yasin pass by on the way to his mother's that brings painful recollections?
14. What does Ahmad say when Amina asks him about Fahmy marrying Maryam?
(a) Says no, but may reconsider.
(b) Angrily dismisses the idea.
(c) Agrees wholeheartedly.
(d) Agrees but with doubts.
15. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
(a) His rules.
(b) His activities.
(c) His work.
(d) His feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chapter 7 take place?
2. What title does Ahmad hold at the party he throws in Chapter 16?
3. What does Amina ask God to forgive her husband for when she helps wash him after he gets home?
4. What is the mock profession Ahmad's friends put on before leaving him in Chapter 16?
5. What does Yasin reject regarding his mother's justification about her life?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)