|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shares a dream about being pushed off a roof with her family?
2. Who is described as the more beautiful of Amina's daughters?
3. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
(a) His feelings.
(b) His work.
(c) His activities.
(d) His rules.
4. What is Ahmad's assistant waiting to hear recited by a sheikh in Chapter 7?
(a) The daily rules.
(b) Their horoscopes.
(c) The Qur'an.
(d) The news.
5. What war does Fahmy talk about with his family members in Chapter 9?
(a) The European War.
(b) The African War.
(d) The Spanish War.
6. How many years has Amina been married to her husband?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 30 years.
7. Where does Chapter 7 take place?
(a) Ahmad's home.
(b) Ahmad's store.
(c) New Street.
(d) Ezbekiya Garden.
8. Who accompanies Amina to a mosque in Chapter 27?
9. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
(a) Family time.
(b) Coffee hour.
(c) Tea queue.
(d) Secret hour.
10. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
(a) Hair gel.
(c) A coat.
11. What does Yasin tell his mother is the only way he will love her again when he visits her for the first time in the book?
(b) Drop her wedding plans.
(c) Give him money.
(d) Meet him in secret.
12. What is Maryam's family name?
13. Who is named second in command of the house while Amina rests from her injury?
14. What is the name of the café that Yasin settles on in Chapter 12?
(a) Ahmad's Coffee Shop.
(b) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
(c) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(d) Ezbekiya Garden.
15. Who vows to never leave Amina after visiting her in Chapter 33?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yasin on the prowl for in Chapter 12?
2. What part of Khadija do Yasin and Kamal make fun of her for?
3. Where does Amina go after leaving Ahmad's home?
4. What kind of store does Yasin pass by on the way to his mother's that brings painful recollections?
5. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)