|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Ahmad play expertly?
(a) A violin.
(b) A drum.
(d) A guitar.
2. Who vows to never leave Amina after visiting her in Chapter 33?
3. What does Yasin's mother do joyfully when he visits her for the first time in the book?
4. Whose shrine does Yasin convince someone to go to in Chapter 27?
(a) Shakyh Mutawalli's.
5. Who is sent by Fahmy on a nighttime mission to Maryam's?
6. Who accompanies Amina to a mosque in Chapter 27?
7. What is the name of the sheikh that admonishes Ahmad for his adultery and drunkenness?
8. At what age was Yasin removed from his father's house?
9. What is the name of the widowed woman that the matchmaker says wants to become Ahmad's second wife?
10. What is Yasin's mother's name?
11. When does Ahmad stop agitating to enforce good order in Chapter 20?
(a) Afternoon prayers.
(b) His afternoon drink.
(c) When he visits the bar.
(d) Daily chores.
12. What kind of eyes does Amina say Ahmad had that made her confess how she really was injured?
13. Who is described as "story hungry" in Chapter 9?
14. Who are quarreling when Amina tells them she is leaving the house?
(a) Khadija and Kamal.
(b) Khadija and Aisha.
(c) Kamal and Fahmy.
(d) Yasin and Aisha.
15. What does Khadija catch Aisha doing in Chapter 22 that explains her reasons for doting on her appearance?
(a) Looking at the street.
(c) Brushing her hair.
(d) Practicing in the mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Yasin not do to forget his mother in Chapter 13?
2. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
3. What is the only part of love to which Ahmad responds?
4. What is the name of the neighbor girl who Fahmy watches do chores from the roof?
5. What grazes Amina after leaving a mosque that causes her injury?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)