|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ahmad do to Amina after she has healed from her injury?
(a) Beats her.
(b) Makes love to her.
(c) Evicts her.
(d) Takes her shopping.
2. What is wrong with Ahmad in Chapter 3 that makes noises anger him?
(a) He is hung over.
(b) He broke his foot.
(c) His eye is hurt.
(d) He has a fever.
3. What is the name of Ahmad's assistant?
4. What does Yasin call his mother before angrily leaving her in Chapter 18?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A monster.
(c) A thief.
(d) A liar.
5. How old is Ahmad in Chapter 14 of the book?
6. What is the name of the girl that is the foster daughter of the singer Zubayda?
7. Which of the following does Yasin not do to forget his mother in Chapter 13?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Worries about his inheritance.
(c) Pines for Maryam.
(d) Curses his fate.
8. When does Ahmad stop agitating to enforce good order in Chapter 20?
(a) When he visits the bar.
(b) His afternoon drink.
(c) Afternoon prayers.
(d) Daily chores.
9. How does Amina's mother describe her grandfather and father to suggest why evil cannot befall her?
(c) Good men.
10. Where does pain course through Amina after she is injured leaving a mosque?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her shoulder.
(d) Her stomach.
11. Whose shrine does Yasin convince someone to go to in Chapter 27?
(b) Shakyh Mutawalli's.
12. What is the name of the haughty and flirtatious woman who comes to Ahmad's store after the matchmaker?
13. Which of the following things are women not doing inside the mosque in Chapter 27?
(a) Touching the walls.
(c) Looking at the tombs.
(d) Lighting candles.
14. What part of Khadija do Yasin and Kamal make fun of her for?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her body.
(d) Her attitude.
15. What is the name of Zubayda's rival in her profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amina go after leaving Ahmad's home?
2. What does Amina discover she has broken?
3. Who accompanies Amina to a mosque in Chapter 27?
4. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
5. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)