|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amina react when Fahmy asks her to arrange his marriage to Maryam?
2. What kind of store does Yasin pass by on the way to his mother's that brings painful recollections?
3. What is the name of Amina's servant that helps her knead dough?
(b) Umm Maryam.
(c) Umm Hanafi.
4. What does Amina discover she has broken?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her leg.
(d) Her collarbone.
5. What is the name of the neighbor girl who Fahmy watches do chores from the roof?
6. Who is described as "story hungry" in Chapter 9?
7. What profession is the man that Yasin has learned his mother will marry in Chapter 17?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A servant.
(d) A baker.
8. Who is sent by Fahmy on a nighttime mission to Maryam's?
9. Who does Amina tell Fahmy will be the one they have a hard time getting to agree on his marriage to Maryam?
(d) Umm Maryam.
10. What is Yasin's mother's name?
11. Where does Chapter 7 take place?
(a) Ezbekiya Garden.
(b) New Street.
(c) Ahmad's home.
(d) Ahmad's store.
12. What kind of eyes does Amina say Ahmad had that made her confess how she really was injured?
13. Which of the following things are women not doing inside the mosque in Chapter 27?
(a) Looking at the tombs.
(b) Touching the walls.
(c) Lighting candles.
14. What is on a provocative poster that Kamal looks at along with the shrine of al-Husayn?
15. What handicap does Amina's mother have?
(a) She is blind.
(b) She has one arm.
(c) She can't walk.
(d) She is deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that is the foster daughter of the singer Zubayda?
2. What grazes Amina after leaving a mosque that causes her injury?
3. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
4. What does Amina feel opening as she pleads with Ahmad about Aisha's marriage in Chapter 25?
5. How many years has Amina been married to her husband?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)