|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maryam's family name?
2. Who is described as "story hungry" in Chapter 9?
3. What is the only part of love to which Ahmad responds?
4. What is wrong with Ahmad in Chapter 3 that makes noises anger him?
(a) His eye is hurt.
(b) He is hung over.
(c) He broke his foot.
(d) He has a fever.
5. What is the name of the neighbor girl who Fahmy watches do chores from the roof?
6. Which of the following is not one of Ahmad's morning rituals?
(d) Awaits breakfast with his sons.
7. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
(a) A coat.
(c) Hair gel.
8. Who has been standing at her bedroom window for months yearning for a young police officer that walks by?
9. For what does Ahmad try to hire the woman who comes to his store after the matchmaker?
(a) As a singer.
(b) As a prostitute.
(c) As a dancer.
(d) As a cook.
10. What is the mock profession Ahmad's friends put on before leaving him in Chapter 16?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A prayer service.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
11. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
(a) A servant.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A fruit merchant.
(d) A cook.
12. What does Kamal review daily with Amina that makes him keep her there as long as possible?
(a) The unity.
(b) The tora.
(c) His sura.
(d) The kaaba.
13. At what time does Amina have to wait up on her husband every night?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 11:00 p.m.
14. Where does Kamal see a bus heading at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) New Street.
(b) Sugar Street.
(c) Coppersmith Street.
(d) Palace Walk.
15. How does Amina's mother describe her grandfather and father to suggest why evil cannot befall her?
(a) Good men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of store does Yasin pass by on the way to his mother's that brings painful recollections?
2. Who is left with the sorrow of a lost opportunity when Ahmad refues to let Aisha be married?
3. What does Yasin say he can no longer pretend regarding his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
4. Who is jealous of Fahmy wanting to be married and points out Maryam's faults?
5. What does Khadija catch Aisha doing in Chapter 22 that explains her reasons for doting on her appearance?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)