|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Amina have to wait up on her husband every night?
(a) 10:00 p.m.
(b) 1:00 a.m.
(c) 11:00 p.m.
2. How does Amina's mother describe her grandfather and father to suggest why evil cannot befall her?
(b) Good men.
3. What is the name of the neighbor girl who Fahmy watches do chores from the roof?
4. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
(a) Coffee hour.
(b) Family time.
(c) Secret hour.
(d) Tea queue.
5. What handicap does Amina's mother have?
(a) She has one arm.
(b) She is deaf.
(c) She can't walk.
(d) She is blind.
6. What war does Fahmy talk about with his family members in Chapter 9?
(a) The African War.
(b) The Spanish War.
(c) The European War.
7. What kind of coops does Amina keep on her roof?
(a) Pigeon and chicken.
(c) Doves and ducks.
8. Who is left with the sorrow of a lost opportunity when Ahmad refues to let Aisha be married?
9. Who does Ahmad insist get married first out of his children in Chapter 5?
10. What kind of eyes does Amina say Ahmad had that made her confess how she really was injured?
11. What is Ahmad's assistant waiting to hear recited by a sheikh in Chapter 7?
(a) Their horoscopes.
(b) The news.
(c) The daily rules.
(d) The Qur'an.
12. What instrument does Ahmad play expertly?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A drum.
(c) A violin.
13. When does Ahmad stop agitating to enforce good order in Chapter 20?
(a) His afternoon drink.
(b) Afternoon prayers.
(c) Daily chores.
(d) When he visits the bar.
14. What is the name of the police officer Aisha likes?
(d) Hasan Ibrahim.
15. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
(a) He lost his watch.
(b) He went to town alone.
(c) His circumcision.
(d) He ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amina feel after she starts supervising the household from bed?
2. What is the name of the café that Yasin settles on in Chapter 12?
3. Which of the following does Yasin not do to forget his mother in Chapter 13?
4. What does Amina ask God to forgive her husband for when she helps wash him after he gets home?
5. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)