Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the café that Yasin settles on in Chapter 12?
(a) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(b) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
(c) Ahmad's Coffee Shop.
(d) Ezbekiya Garden.
2. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
(a) His activities.
(b) His feelings.
(c) His work.
(d) His rules.
3. Who does Ahmad insist get married first out of his children in Chapter 5?
4. What does Ahmad say when Amina asks him about Fahmy marrying Maryam?
(a) Agrees wholeheartedly.
(b) Angrily dismisses the idea.
(c) Says no, but may reconsider.
(d) Agrees but with doubts.
5. What is Maryam's family name?
6. Where does Kamal see a bus heading at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Sugar Street.
(b) Palace Walk.
(c) Coppersmith Street.
(d) New Street.
7. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
(a) Coffee hour.
(b) Secret hour.
(c) Tea queue.
(d) Family time.
8. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
(a) He went to town alone.
(b) His circumcision.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He lost his watch.
9. What war does Fahmy talk about with his family members in Chapter 9?
(a) The African War.
(b) The European War.
(c) The Spanish War.
10. What does Amina feel opening as she pleads with Ahmad about Aisha's marriage in Chapter 25?
(a) A black hole.
(b) Hell's gates.
(c) The trash.
(d) A bottomless pit.
11. What is the only part of love to which Ahmad responds?
12. What does Amina discover she has broken?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her collarbone.
(d) Her arm.
13. What kind of eyes does Amina say Ahmad had that made her confess how she really was injured?
14. What grazes Amina after leaving a mosque that causes her injury?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A horse.
(c) A car.
(d) A bullet.
15. Which of the following things are women not doing inside the mosque in Chapter 27?
(a) Looking at the tombs.
(c) Touching the walls.
(d) Lighting candles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasin reject regarding his mother's justification about her life?
2. How many years has Amina been married to her husband?
3. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
4. What is Amina's husband's name?
5. How does Amina react when Fahmy asks her to arrange his marriage to Maryam?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)