|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 65-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
(d) Umm Hanafi.
2. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
(a) His activities.
(b) His feelings.
(c) His work.
(d) His rules.
3. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
4. What is the name of the widowed woman that the matchmaker says wants to become Ahmad's second wife?
5. What does Kamal become a regular at with the British troops in Chapter 64?
(a) Their bar meetings.
(b) The tea queue.
(c) Their church services.
(d) Their Sunday dinners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Amina tell Fahmy will be the one they have a hard time getting to agree on his marriage to Maryam?
2. What is Ahmad shocked to learn that Yasin does every night?
3. Who has been standing at her bedroom window for months yearning for a young police officer that walks by?
4. What war does Fahmy talk about with his family members in Chapter 9?
5. What does Kamal receive from the British troops after they chase him and Umm Hanafi?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)