|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 65-71.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amina see as her sign of dedication for her husband?
(b) Her vigils.
(d) Having children.
2. Who is discovered to have left the house at the end of Chapter 58?
3. What profession is the man that Yasin has learned his mother will marry in Chapter 17?
(a) A servant.
(b) A baker.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
4. Who is freed in Chapter 69 that makes Cairo erupt in joy?
(b) Shakyh Mutawalli.
(c) Martyr al-Husayn.
(d) Ghunaym Hamidu.
5. What is the name of the café that Yasin settles on in Chapter 12?
(a) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
(b) Ezbekiya Garden.
(c) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(d) Ahmad's Coffee Shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who particularly sees trouble in the actions of Yasin's new wife after they are married?
2. What does Yasin believe Fahmy to be after he is silent when provoked?
3. What country does Kamal find on a map when picturing the exile's steadfast behavior?
4. What does Iffat demand of Ahmad when he visits him in Chapter 60?
5. How does Amina react when Fahmy asks her to arrange his marriage to Maryam?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)