|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58-64.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whom does most of the household burdens fall after Amina is evicted?
2. Which of the following is not one of Ahmad's morning rituals?
(d) Awaits breakfast with his sons.
3. What does Amina wish to do for Khadija after growing concerned about her in Chapter 38?
(a) Take her to church.
(b) Read to her.
(c) Brush her hair.
(d) Read her fortune.
4. What does Amina's mother believe should have happened when her sons bring her a pardon to return home?
(a) Ahmad should have brought it.
(b) It should have come later.
(c) It should have happened earlier.
(d) He should have never thrown her out.
5. Of what are Yasin and Fahmy afraid that Ahmad is mad at them for in Chapter 30?
(a) For drinking the night before.
(b) For lying to him.
(c) For allowing Amina to leave the house.
(d) For getting engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kamal see a bus heading at the end of Chapter 8?
2. How does Yasim's mother look when he tells her he loves her?
3. What kind of eyes does Amina say Ahmad had that made her confess how she really was injured?
4. Who chaperones Kamal to and from school during the revolution?
5. What does Yasin tell his mother is the only way he will love her again when he visits her for the first time in the book?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)