|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58-64.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Ahmad's children decide to ask for help to get him to let Amina return?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
(d) Umm Maryam.
2. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
(a) His work.
(b) His feelings.
(c) His activities.
(d) His rules.
3. How does Aisha dress when Amina, Khadija, and Kamal visit her in her new home after being married?
4. What does Amina do after hearing about the two mediators who work on her behalf to get her back home?
(a) Gets scared.
(d) Tenses up.
5. What is the name of the matchmaker that visits Ahmad's store in Chapter 14?
(a) Umm Ali.
(c) Umm Maryam.
(d) Umm Hanafi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests to Amina that Aisha's engagement be allowed until Khadija is married first?
2. What does Kamal become a regular at with the British troops in Chapter 64?
3. What is the name of Zubayda's rival in her profession?
4. What does Ahmad feel singled out by the preacher's call to at prayer service?
5. What is on a provocative poster that Kamal looks at along with the shrine of al-Husayn?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)