|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58-64.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amina's mother describe her grandfather and father to suggest why evil cannot befall her?
(b) Good men.
2. What is the name of the sheikh that admonishes Ahmad for his adultery and drunkenness?
3. What instrument does Ahmad play expertly?
(a) A drum.
(b) A guitar.
(d) A violin.
4. What does Khadija catch Aisha doing in Chapter 22 that explains her reasons for doting on her appearance?
(a) Looking at the street.
(b) Practicing in the mirror.
(d) Brushing her hair.
5. What does Ahmad congratulate himself for not doing like Yasin when reprimanding him in Chapter 58?
(c) Wallowing in mud.
(d) Hurting others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Ahmad's morning rituals?
2. What does Ahmad say when Amina asks him about Fahmy marrying Maryam?
3. What does Kamal review daily with Amina that makes him keep her there as long as possible?
4. Who brings to Ahmand's shop the text of a petition to seek independence in Chapter 50?
5. Who has been standing at her bedroom window for months yearning for a young police officer that walks by?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)