|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58-64.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amina's mother believe should have happened when her sons bring her a pardon to return home?
(a) It should have come later.
(b) Ahmad should have brought it.
(c) He should have never thrown her out.
(d) It should have happened earlier.
2. Who suggests that Amina tell Ahmad that she fell down the stairs to explain her broken bone?
3. Who does Yasin try to have sex with in Chapter 41?
(d) Umm Hanafi.
4. What is the relationship between Fahmy and Yasin in the book?
(a) Father and son.
5. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
(a) A cook.
(b) A fruit merchant.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kamal receive from the British troops after they chase him and Umm Hanafi?
2. What is Ahmad's assistant waiting to hear recited by a sheikh in Chapter 7?
3. When does Ahmad stop agitating to enforce good order in Chapter 20?
4. Who dies in Chapter 63?
5. What does Yasin say he can no longer pretend regarding his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)