|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasin tell his mother is the only way he will love her again when he visits her for the first time in the book?
(a) Drop her wedding plans.
(c) Give him money.
(d) Meet him in secret.
2. What is the name of the matchmaker that visits Ahmad's store in Chapter 14?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
(c) Umm Ali.
(d) Umm Maryam.
3. How does Aisha dress when Amina, Khadija, and Kamal visit her in her new home after being married?
4. Where does Amina go after leaving Ahmad's home?
(a) Ezbekiya Garden.
(b) Palace Walk.
(c) Her childhood home.
(d) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
5. Who does Ahmad not learn about political situations from?
(a) Customers at his shop.
(b) His wife.
(d) Friends at soirees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Ahmad at his store at the beginning of Chapter 35?
2. Who suggests to Amina that Aisha's engagement be allowed until Khadija is married first?
3. Who is described as "story hungry" in Chapter 9?
4. When does Ahmad stop agitating to enforce good order in Chapter 20?
5. Who does Ahmad insist get married first out of his children in Chapter 5?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)