|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
(a) His rules.
(b) His work.
(c) His activities.
(d) His feelings.
2. What is on a provocative poster that Kamal looks at along with the shrine of al-Husayn?
3. What profession is the man that Yasin has learned his mother will marry in Chapter 17?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A baker.
(d) A servant.
4. Who brings to Ahmand's shop the text of a petition to seek independence in Chapter 50?
5. What does Kamal envy about Yasin at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) His passion.
(b) His happiness.
(c) His freedom.
(d) His knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sheikh that admonishes Ahmad for his adultery and drunkenness?
2. How does Amina's mother describe her grandfather and father to suggest why evil cannot befall her?
3. What does Amina's mother believe should have happened when her sons bring her a pardon to return home?
4. What does Amina see as her sign of dedication for her husband?
5. What is the name of the police officer Aisha likes?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)