|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasin reject regarding his mother's justification about her life?
(a) That she was poor.
(b) That she was innocent.
(c) That she was uneducated.
(d) That she was unlucky.
2. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
(a) He went to town alone.
(b) His circumcision.
(c) He lost his watch.
(d) He ran away.
3. What does Khadija catch Aisha doing in Chapter 22 that explains her reasons for doting on her appearance?
(a) Practicing in the mirror.
(b) Looking at the street.
(c) Brushing her hair.
4. Where does Amina go after leaving Ahmad's home?
(a) Her childhood home.
(b) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
(c) Ezbekiya Garden.
(d) Palace Walk.
5. Who is the first character seen in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things are women not doing inside the mosque in Chapter 27?
2. Who is described as "story hungry" in Chapter 9?
3. What does Yasin's mother do joyfully when he visits her for the first time in the book?
4. What is Ahmad's assistant waiting to hear recited by a sheikh in Chapter 7?
5. How does Amina feel after she starts supervising the household from bed?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)