|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Yasin not do to forget his mother in Chapter 13?
(a) Worries about his inheritance.
(b) Pines for Maryam.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Curses his fate.
2. Who vows to never leave Amina after visiting her in Chapter 33?
3. Who is described as the more beautiful of Amina's daughters?
4. What kind of coops does Amina keep on her roof?
(b) Doves and ducks.
(c) Pigeon and chicken.
5. When does Ahmad stop agitating to enforce good order in Chapter 20?
(a) His afternoon drink.
(b) Daily chores.
(c) Afternoon prayers.
(d) When he visits the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasin tell his mother is the only way he will love her again when he visits her for the first time in the book?
2. What is the name of the haughty and flirtatious woman who comes to Ahmad's store after the matchmaker?
3. At what age was Yasin removed from his father's house?
4. What does Fahmy tell Amina that he will do before getting married to Maryam?
5. What does Khadija catch Aisha doing in Chapter 22 that explains her reasons for doting on her appearance?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)