|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yasin go to after he is shocked to see an old man from his youth in Chapter 12?
(a) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(b) Sugar Street.
(c) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
(d) Costaki's Bar.
2. What is on a provocative poster that Kamal looks at along with the shrine of al-Husayn?
3. What is Amina's husband's name?
4. Which of the following does Yasin not do to forget his mother in Chapter 13?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Worries about his inheritance.
(c) Curses his fate.
(d) Pines for Maryam.
5. What kind of coops does Amina keep on her roof?
(c) Pigeon and chicken.
(d) Doves and ducks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the widowed woman that the matchmaker says wants to become Ahmad's second wife?
2. What does Amina see as her sign of dedication for her husband?
3. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
4. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
5. What kind of store does Yasin pass by on the way to his mother's that brings painful recollections?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)