|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fahmy tell Amina that he will do before getting married to Maryam?
(a) Graduate and get a job.
(b) Graduate from school.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Buy a ring.
2. What title does Ahmad hold at the party he throws in Chapter 16?
(a) The bridegroom.
(b) The man.
(c) The man of the hour.
(d) Leader of the pack.
3. What does Yasin reject regarding his mother's justification about her life?
(a) That she was uneducated.
(b) That she was poor.
(c) That she was unlucky.
(d) That she was innocent.
4. What is the name of Amina's servant that helps her knead dough?
(b) Umm Maryam.
(d) Umm Hanafi.
5. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
(a) His activities.
(b) His rules.
(c) His work.
(d) His feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Ahmad stop agitating to enforce good order in Chapter 20?
2. Who is sent by Fahmy on a nighttime mission to Maryam's?
3. What is the name of the haughty and flirtatious woman who comes to Ahmad's store after the matchmaker?
4. What does Yasin call his mother before angrily leaving her in Chapter 18?
5. What is Amina's husband's name?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)