|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Fahmy and Yasin in the book?
(d) Father and son.
2. What is the name of Ahmad's assistant?
3. What is the name of the café that Yasin settles on in Chapter 12?
(a) Ahmad's Coffee Shop.
(b) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
(c) Ezbekiya Garden.
(d) Ali's Coffee Shop.
4. What does Yasin say he can no longer pretend regarding his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That she doesn't exist.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That she isn't dead.
5. What does Yasin's mother do joyfully when he visits her for the first time in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasin tell his mother is the only way he will love her again when he visits her for the first time in the book?
2. Who does Amina tell Fahmy will be the one they have a hard time getting to agree on his marriage to Maryam?
3. What is the name of Amina's servant that helps her knead dough?
4. What is the name of the widowed woman that the matchmaker says wants to become Ahmad's second wife?
5. What kind of store does Yasin pass by on the way to his mother's that brings painful recollections?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)