|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kamal see a bus heading at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Palace Walk.
(b) New Street.
(c) Coppersmith Street.
(d) Sugar Street.
2. When does Ahmad stop agitating to enforce good order in Chapter 20?
(a) When he visits the bar.
(b) Daily chores.
(c) His afternoon drink.
(d) Afternoon prayers.
3. Who suggests to Amina that Aisha's engagement be allowed until Khadija is married first?
4. What does Amina see as her sign of dedication for her husband?
(a) Having children.
(b) Her vigils.
5. Who has been standing at her bedroom window for months yearning for a young police officer that walks by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
2. For what reason must Aisha make her confession, according to Khadija in Chapter 22?
3. What is Amina's husband's name?
4. Who is described as "story hungry" in Chapter 9?
5. What does Yasin tell his mother is the only way he will love her again when he visits her for the first time in the book?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)