|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason must Aisha make her confession, according to Khadija in Chapter 22?
(a) Her feelings.
(b) The family's honor.
(c) Ahmad's honor.
(d) Amina's feelings.
2. What title does Ahmad hold at the party he throws in Chapter 16?
(a) The bridegroom.
(b) The man.
(c) The man of the hour.
(d) Leader of the pack.
3. Who is jealous of Fahmy wanting to be married and points out Maryam's faults?
4. For what does Ahmad try to hire the woman who comes to his store after the matchmaker?
(a) As a prostitute.
(b) As a cook.
(c) As a dancer.
(d) As a singer.
5. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
(a) He went to town alone.
(b) His circumcision.
(c) He lost his watch.
(d) He ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Ahmad's morning rituals?
2. What does Khadija demand a confession of from Aisha in addition to never watching the policeman again?
3. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
4. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
5. What is the name of the haughty and flirtatious woman who comes to Ahmad's store after the matchmaker?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)