|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasin reject regarding his mother's justification about her life?
(a) That she was poor.
(b) That she was uneducated.
(c) That she was unlucky.
(d) That she was innocent.
2. For what does Ahmad try to hire the woman who comes to his store after the matchmaker?
(a) As a dancer.
(b) As a prostitute.
(c) As a singer.
(d) As a cook.
3. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
(c) A coat.
(d) Hair gel.
4. What does Ahmad say when Amina asks him about Fahmy marrying Maryam?
(a) Angrily dismisses the idea.
(b) Says no, but may reconsider.
(c) Agrees wholeheartedly.
(d) Agrees but with doubts.
5. What war does Fahmy talk about with his family members in Chapter 9?
(a) The European War.
(b) The African War.
(c) The Spanish War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
2. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
3. What does Khadija catch Aisha doing in Chapter 22 that explains her reasons for doting on her appearance?
4. What is the name of Amina's servant that helps her knead dough?
5. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)