|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A cook.
(c) A servant.
(d) A fruit merchant.
2. What is on a provocative poster that Kamal looks at along with the shrine of al-Husayn?
3. What is the relationship between Fahmy and Yasin in the book?
(a) Father and son.
4. What part of Khadija do Yasin and Kamal make fun of her for?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her body.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her attitude.
5. What is the name of Amina's servant that helps her knead dough?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
(d) Umm Maryam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ahmad's assistant?
2. Which of the following does Yasin not do to forget his mother in Chapter 13?
3. What is Yasin on the prowl for in Chapter 12?
4. What is the name of the neighbor girl who Fahmy watches do chores from the roof?
5. Who shares a dream about being pushed off a roof with her family?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)