|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amina see as her sign of dedication for her husband?
(a) Her vigils.
(c) Having children.
2. What is the name of the matchmaker that visits Ahmad's store in Chapter 14?
(a) Umm Ali.
(b) Umm Hanafi.
(d) Umm Maryam.
3. How many years has Amina been married to her husband?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
4. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A cook.
(c) A fruit merchant.
(d) A servant.
5. Which of the following does Yasin not do to forget his mother in Chapter 13?
(a) Curses his fate.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Worries about his inheritance.
(d) Pines for Maryam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that is the foster daughter of the singer Zubayda?
2. Where does Yasin go to after he is shocked to see an old man from his youth in Chapter 12?
3. What kind of coops does Amina keep on her roof?
4. What is Yasin on the prowl for in Chapter 12?
5. What is the name of the haughty and flirtatious woman who comes to Ahmad's store after the matchmaker?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)