|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Khadija do Yasin and Kamal make fun of her for?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her attitude.
(d) Her body.
2. What is the name of the girl that is the foster daughter of the singer Zubayda?
3. What is the only part of love to which Ahmad responds?
4. Where does Yasin go to after he is shocked to see an old man from his youth in Chapter 12?
(a) Costaki's Bar.
(b) Sugar Street.
(c) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
(d) Ali's Coffee Shop.
5. What war does Fahmy talk about with his family members in Chapter 9?
(b) The Spanish War.
(c) The European War.
(d) The African War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
2. What does Amina ask God to forgive her husband for when she helps wash him after he gets home?
3. How many years has Amina been married to her husband?
4. What is on a provocative poster that Kamal looks at along with the shrine of al-Husayn?
5. What does Kamal review daily with Amina that makes him keep her there as long as possible?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)