|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Yasin not do to forget his mother in Chapter 13?
(a) Worries about his inheritance.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Curses his fate.
(d) Pines for Maryam.
2. What is the name of Amina's servant that helps her knead dough?
(a) Umm Maryam.
(d) Umm Hanafi.
3. What does Amina see as her sign of dedication for her husband?
(c) Having children.
(d) Her vigils.
4. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
(a) A coat.
(d) Hair gel.
5. At what age was Yasin removed from his father's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sheikh that admonishes Ahmad for his adultery and drunkenness?
2. Where does Chapter 7 take place?
3. What kind of coops does Amina keep on her roof?
4. What is the mock profession Ahmad's friends put on before leaving him in Chapter 16?
5. How old is Ahmad in Chapter 14 of the book?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)