|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
(a) A servant.
(b) A cook.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A fruit merchant.
2. What is Amina's husband's name?
3. For what does Ahmad try to hire the woman who comes to his store after the matchmaker?
(a) As a singer.
(b) As a cook.
(c) As a prostitute.
(d) As a dancer.
4. What is the only part of love to which Ahmad responds?
5. What does Kamal envy about Yasin at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) His passion.
(b) His knowledge.
(c) His happiness.
(d) His freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
2. What instrument does Ahmad play expertly?
3. What does Amina ask God to forgive her husband for when she helps wash him after he gets home?
4. What is on a provocative poster that Kamal looks at along with the shrine of al-Husayn?
5. Who is described as "story hungry" in Chapter 9?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)