|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Ahmad play expertly?
(a) A violin.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A drum.
2. What is the relationship between Fahmy and Yasin in the book?
(c) Father and son.
3. Who is described as the more beautiful of Amina's daughters?
4. For what does Ahmad try to hire the woman who comes to his store after the matchmaker?
(a) As a singer.
(b) As a prostitute.
(c) As a dancer.
(d) As a cook.
5. What title does Ahmad hold at the party he throws in Chapter 16?
(a) Leader of the pack.
(b) The bridegroom.
(c) The man.
(d) The man of the hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that is the foster daughter of the singer Zubayda?
2. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
3. At what time does Amina have to wait up on her husband every night?
4. What is the name of the haughty and flirtatious woman who comes to Ahmad's store after the matchmaker?
5. What is Ahmad's assistant waiting to hear recited by a sheikh in Chapter 7?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)