|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sheikh that admonishes Ahmad for his adultery and drunkenness?
2. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
(a) He lost his watch.
(b) His circumcision.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He went to town alone.
3. Who has been standing at her bedroom window for months yearning for a young police officer that walks by?
4. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
(b) A coat.
(c) Hair gel.
5. Which of the following does Yasin not do to forget his mother in Chapter 13?
(a) Pines for Maryam.
(b) Worries about his inheritance.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Curses his fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amina ask God to forgive her husband for when she helps wash him after he gets home?
2. Who is described as "story hungry" in Chapter 9?
3. What is the relationship between Fahmy and Yasin in the book?
4. Who is the first character seen in Chapter 8?
5. Which of the following is not one of Ahmad's morning rituals?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)