|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Ahmad try to hire the woman who comes to his store after the matchmaker?
(a) As a cook.
(b) As a prostitute.
(c) As a dancer.
(d) As a singer.
2. What is the name of Amina's servant that helps her knead dough?
(b) Umm Hanafi.
(c) Umm Maryam.
3. Where does Kamal see a bus heading at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Palace Walk.
(b) Coppersmith Street.
(c) New Street.
(d) Sugar Street.
4. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
(a) Coffee hour.
(b) Family time.
(c) Tea queue.
(d) Secret hour.
5. What is the relationship between Fahmy and Yasin in the book?
(d) Father and son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chapter 7 take place?
2. What is the name of the neighbor girl who Fahmy watches do chores from the roof?
3. Where does Yasin go to after he is shocked to see an old man from his youth in Chapter 12?
4. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
5. At what age was Yasin removed from his father's house?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)