|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 42-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amina see as her sign of dedication for her husband?
(a) Her vigils.
(b) Having children.
2. Who are quarreling when Amina tells them she is leaving the house?
(a) Yasin and Aisha.
(b) Khadija and Aisha.
(c) Kamal and Fahmy.
(d) Khadija and Kamal.
3. What is the name of the girl that is the foster daughter of the singer Zubayda?
4. What is the name of the café that Yasin settles on in Chapter 12?
(a) Ezbekiya Garden.
(b) Goldsmith's Bazaar.
(c) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(d) Ahmad's Coffee Shop.
5. What does Aisha show that she will obey of God and her father in Chapter 38?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The higher will.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only part of love to which Ahmad responds?
2. Who is the first character seen in Chapter 8?
3. On whom does most of the household burdens fall after Amina is evicted?
4. Where does Yasin go to after he is shocked to see an old man from his youth in Chapter 12?
5. How old is Ahmad in Chapter 14 of the book?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)