|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Amina's husband could not be questioned because he was male?
(a) His activities.
(b) His feelings.
(c) His work.
(d) His rules.
2. What does Ahmad say when Amina asks him about Fahmy marrying Maryam?
(a) Agrees wholeheartedly.
(b) Angrily dismisses the idea.
(c) Says no, but may reconsider.
(d) Agrees but with doubts.
3. Where does Kamal see a bus heading at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Sugar Street.
(b) Palace Walk.
(c) Coppersmith Street.
(d) New Street.
4. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
(a) He went to town alone.
(b) His circumcision.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He lost his watch.
5. What does Amina feel opening as she pleads with Ahmad about Aisha's marriage in Chapter 25?
(a) A black hole.
(b) Hell's gates.
(c) The trash.
(d) A bottomless pit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the café that Yasin settles on in Chapter 12?
2. Who does Ahmad insist get married first out of his children in Chapter 5?
3. What is Maryam's family name?
4. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
5. What war does Fahmy talk about with his family members in Chapter 9?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)