|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war does Fahmy talk about with his family members in Chapter 9?
(a) The African War.
(b) The Spanish War.
(c) The European War.
2. What instrument does Ahmad play expertly?
(a) A drum.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A violin.
3. What is the name of the gathering that all of Ahmad's family has at sunset except for him?
(a) Tea queue.
(b) Secret hour.
(c) Coffee hour.
(d) Family time.
4. What does Khadija catch Aisha doing in Chapter 22 that explains her reasons for doting on her appearance?
(a) Brushing her hair.
(b) Looking at the street.
(d) Practicing in the mirror.
5. Who suggests to Amina that Aisha's engagement be allowed until Khadija is married first?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ahmad apply just before leaving the house with his sons each day?
2. What is the name of the sheikh that admonishes Ahmad for his adultery and drunkenness?
3. What is Yasin's mother's name?
4. What does Ahmad say when Amina asks him about Fahmy marrying Maryam?
5. What is the name of Amina's servant that helps her knead dough?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)