|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is left with the sorrow of a lost opportunity when Ahmad refues to let Aisha be married?
2. What is the name of the matchmaker that visits Ahmad's store in Chapter 14?
(a) Umm Maryam.
(b) Umm Hanafi.
(c) Umm Ali.
3. Who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 and gives him a verbal pounding?
(b) Widow Shawkat.
(c) Umm Nafusa.
(d) Umm Hanafi.
4. What instrument does Ahmad play expertly?
(a) A drum.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A violin.
5. How does Ahmad describe himself that makes him unwilling to allow the women of his house outdoors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fahmy tell Amina that he will do before getting married to Maryam?
2. What does Amina's mother believe should have happened when her sons bring her a pardon to return home?
3. What caused Ahmad to become severe with Kamal when he was a child?
4. What is Ahmad's assistant waiting to hear recited by a sheikh in Chapter 7?
5. What does Amina wish to do for Khadija after growing concerned about her in Chapter 38?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)