|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasin reject regarding his mother's justification about her life?
(a) That she was poor.
(b) That she was unlucky.
(c) That she was uneducated.
(d) That she was innocent.
2. What does Amina discover she has broken?
(a) Her collarbone.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her neck.
(d) Her leg.
3. For what does Ahmad try to hire the woman who comes to his store after the matchmaker?
(a) As a singer.
(b) As a prostitute.
(c) As a dancer.
(d) As a cook.
4. What is the name of the widowed woman that the matchmaker says wants to become Ahmad's second wife?
5. Who does the person who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 wish for her son to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
2. Whose shrine does Yasin convince someone to go to in Chapter 27?
3. What color hair does Aisha have?
4. How does Amina's mother describe her grandfather and father to suggest why evil cannot befall her?
5. What does Amina feel transformed into when entering a mosque?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)