|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-41.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Ahmad hold at the party he throws in Chapter 16?
(a) The man.
(b) Leader of the pack.
(c) The bridegroom.
(d) The man of the hour.
2. How does Amina's mother describe her grandfather and father to suggest why evil cannot befall her?
(d) Good men.
3. What is on a provocative poster that Kamal looks at along with the shrine of al-Husayn?
4. What kind of worker was the man that wooed Yasin's mother and ruined his childhood?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A servant.
(c) A fruit merchant.
(d) A cook.
5. For what reason must Aisha make her confession, according to Khadija in Chapter 22?
(a) Amina's feelings.
(b) The family's honor.
(c) Her feelings.
(d) Ahmad's honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the widowed woman that the matchmaker says wants to become Ahmad's second wife?
2. What does Amina feel opening as she pleads with Ahmad about Aisha's marriage in Chapter 25?
3. What does Amina's mother believe should have happened when her sons bring her a pardon to return home?
4. What does Amina do after hearing about the two mediators who work on her behalf to get her back home?
5. Where does Yasin go to after he is shocked to see an old man from his youth in Chapter 12?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)