|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ahmad stop agitating to enforce good order in Chapter 20?
(a) Afternoon prayers.
(b) His afternoon drink.
(c) When he visits the bar.
(d) Daily chores.
2. How does Ahmad describe himself that makes him unwilling to allow the women of his house outdoors?
3. What is Fahmy terrified to see puddles of at al-Husayn?
4. What has Ahmad often fantasized about the person who visits his store in Chapter 35?
(a) Beating her.
(b) Kissing her.
(c) Sleeping with her.
(d) Killing her.
5. Who is the only one to have an appetite in the family in Chapter 57?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yasin reject regarding his mother's justification about her life?
2. What does Yasin's mother do joyfully when he visits her for the first time in the book?
3. Which of the following things does not happen in the revolution that makes Fahmy's spirits soar?
4. Who is left with the sorrow of a lost opportunity when Ahmad refues to let Aisha be married?
5. How does Kamal find the British troops rather than demonic?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)