|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasin say he can no longer pretend regarding his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
(a) That she isn't dead.
(b) That she doesn't exist.
(c) That he hates her.
(d) That he loves her.
2. Who suggests to Amina that Aisha's engagement be allowed until Khadija is married first?
3. Who protests the danger when Fahmy announces he is distributing a document that is illegal under martial law?
4. What does Yasin's mother do joyfully when he visits her for the first time in the book?
5. What does Ahmad say he does not do to his friends that take wives and daughters on outings with them?
(a) Agree with them.
(b) Hate them.
(c) Judge them.
(d) Love them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ahmad describe himself that makes him unwilling to allow the women of his house outdoors?
2. What country does Kamal find on a map when picturing the exile's steadfast behavior?
3. Who goes to Ahmad's store and blurts out that he wants his mother to come home?
4. How does Yasin feel when he discovers his father cheating on his mother in Chapter 39?
5. What does Amina feel opening as she pleads with Ahmad about Aisha's marriage in Chapter 25?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)