|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fahmy read a letter about from the Wafd Delegation to the Sultan in protest of?
(b) British denial of Egypt's rights.
(c) Egyptian revolutions.
2. Who do Ahmad's children decide to ask for help to get him to let Amina return?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
(c) Umm Maryam.
3. What does Yasin say he can no longer pretend regarding his mother when he visits Ahmad in Chapter 17?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he hates her.
(c) That she isn't dead.
(d) That she doesn't exist.
4. What is Yasin's mother's name?
5. Where does Kamal take refuge when strikers break down the schoolroom door at his school?
(a) Palace Walk.
(b) Uncle Hamdan's store.
(c) Ali's Coffee Shop.
(d) Costaki's Bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yasin feel when he discovers his father cheating on his mother in Chapter 39?
2. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
3. What does Amina wish to do for Khadija after growing concerned about her in Chapter 38?
4. What are the prisoners that Ahmad reacts to in Chapter 53 arrested for?
5. Who does Yasin try to have sex with in Chapter 41?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)