|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yasin tell his mother is the only way he will love her again when he visits her for the first time in the book?
(a) Meet him in secret.
(b) Give him money.
(c) Drop her wedding plans.
2. What has Ahmad often fantasized about the person who visits his store in Chapter 35?
(a) Beating her.
(b) Killing her.
(c) Kissing her.
(d) Sleeping with her.
3. Who is left with the sorrow of a lost opportunity when Ahmad refues to let Aisha be married?
4. What is the content of the poem that Yasin is moved by?
(d) Women's demonstrations.
5. Who chaperones Kamal to and from school during the revolution?
(a) Umm Hanafi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is jealous of Fahmy wanting to be married and points out Maryam's faults?
2. Who does Amina tell Fahmy will be the one they have a hard time getting to agree on his marriage to Maryam?
3. What does the author say Fahmy is obsessed with in Chapter 52?
4. For what reason must Aisha make her confession, according to Khadija in Chapter 22?
5. On whom does most of the household burdens fall after Amina is evicted?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)