|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 51-57.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Khadija catch Aisha doing in Chapter 22 that explains her reasons for doting on her appearance?
(a) Practicing in the mirror.
(c) Brushing her hair.
(d) Looking at the street.
2. Who visits Ahmad in Chapter 36 and gives him a verbal pounding?
(b) Umm Hanafi.
(c) Widow Shawkat.
(d) Umm Nafusa.
3. What is the content of the poem that Yasin is moved by?
(a) Women's demonstrations.
4. What profession is the man that Yasin has learned his mother will marry in Chapter 17?
(a) A baker.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A servant.
5. What is Maryam's family name?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason must Aisha make her confession, according to Khadija in Chapter 22?
2. What does Ahmad say when Amina asks him about Fahmy marrying Maryam?
3. On whom does most of the household burdens fall after Amina is evicted?
4. Who decides that the British troops are camping to intimidate and stop demonstrations?
5. What does Ahmad say he does not do to his friends that take wives and daughters on outings with them?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)