|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
2. What city is Pietrelcina near?
3. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
5. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
2. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
4. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
5. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
6. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
7. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
8. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
9. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
10. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare two of the friary leaders and their influence on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the role of women in Padre Pio's life and society.
Essay Topic 3
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)