|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
2. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
3. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
4. What city is Pietrelcina near?
5. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
2. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
3. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
4. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
5. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
6. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
7. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
8. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
9. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
10. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the way Padre Pio's siblings were used by the author to better define Padre Pio. Consider what was revealed during interactions between the siblings and the way that some were used to highlight their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
How did the author use literature and primary historical documents in this biography? Was this use effective or ineffective?
Essay Topic 3
Trace the developments and changes that occurred with the changes of popes throughout Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)