|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
2. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
3. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
4. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
5. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
2. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
3. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
4. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
5. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
6. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
7. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
8. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
9. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
10. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author said that Padre Pio's childhood neighbors called him "beautiful Frances" both because of his appearance and temperament. Analyze the extent to which these observations remained consistent or varied throughout Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the way Padre Pio's siblings were used by the author to better define Padre Pio. Consider what was revealed during interactions between the siblings and the way that some were used to highlight their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze suffering as a topic and theme in this book. Remember Padre Pio's ideas about the relationship between suffering and salvation.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)