|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
2. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
3. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
4. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
5. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
2. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
3. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
4. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
5. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
6. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
7. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
8. In Chapter 7, what was Padre Pio's hometown ministry like?
9. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
10. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the investigations made into Padre Pio's life, spirituality, and miracles. Compare the motives, findings, and outcomes. Is there a way to resolve all these investigations?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the rural settings to the urban settings in this book. Consider how the settings affected religious beliefs, actions, and Padre Pio as a person.
Essay Topic 3
The author said that Padre Pio's childhood neighbors called him "beautiful Frances" both because of his appearance and temperament. Analyze the extent to which these observations remained consistent or varied throughout Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)