|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of World War I, what did Padre Pio say the cause of war was?
2. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
3. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
4. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
5. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
2. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
3. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
4. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
5. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
6. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
7. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
8. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
9. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
10. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the rural settings to the urban settings in this book. Consider how the settings affected religious beliefs, actions, and Padre Pio as a person.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the way Padre Pio's siblings were used by the author to better define Padre Pio. Consider what was revealed during interactions between the siblings and the way that some were used to highlight their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 3
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)