|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
2. When did Padre Pio visit Rome with his sister?
3. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
4. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
5. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
2. How did people of the world react to Padre Pio's death?
3. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
5. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
6. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
7. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
8. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
9. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
10. What was the path following Padre Pio's death to his sainthood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define what religious devoutness meant through the lens of Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Trace the developments and changes that occurred with the changes of popes throughout Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)