|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
2. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
4. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
5. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
2. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
3. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
4. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
5. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
6. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
7. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
8. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
9. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
10. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of women in Padre Pio's life and society.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze suffering as a topic and theme in this book. Remember Padre Pio's ideas about the relationship between suffering and salvation.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the way Padre Pio's siblings were used by the author to better define Padre Pio. Consider what was revealed during interactions between the siblings and the way that some were used to highlight their similarities and differences.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)