|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
2. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
3. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
4. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
5. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
2. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
3. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
4. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
5. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
6. What is bilocation?
7. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
8. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
9. In Chapter 7, what was Padre Pio's hometown ministry like?
10. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of women in Padre Pio's life and society.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
Essay Topic 3
The author said that Padre Pio's childhood neighbors called him "beautiful Frances" both because of his appearance and temperament. Analyze the extent to which these observations remained consistent or varied throughout Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)