Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
2. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
3. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
4. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
5. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
2. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
3. What happened when Pope John XXIII had Padre Pio investigated?
4. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
5. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
6. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
7. What was the path following Padre Pio's death to his sainthood?
8. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
9. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
10. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Padre Pio's use of symbolism in his writing. How did the author address this use in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how the idea of exile was developed throughout this book and its impact on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze suffering as a topic and theme in this book. Remember Padre Pio's ideas about the relationship between suffering and salvation.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)