|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
2. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
3. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
5. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
2. What happened after Padre Pio was diagnosed as being terminally ill?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
4. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
5. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
7. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
8. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
9. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
10. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Padre Pio's use of symbolism in his writing. How did the author address this use in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Trace the developments and changes that occurred with the changes of popes throughout Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)