|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
2. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
3. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
4. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
5. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Pietrelcina like during Padre Pio's early childhood?
2. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
3. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
4. What is bilocation?
5. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
6. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
7. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
8. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
9. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
10. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
Essay Topic 2
How did the author use literature and primary historical documents in this biography? Was this use effective or ineffective?
Essay Topic 3
The author said that Padre Pio's childhood neighbors called him "beautiful Frances" both because of his appearance and temperament. Analyze the extent to which these observations remained consistent or varied throughout Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)