|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
2. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
3. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
4. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
5. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
2. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
3. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
4. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
5. What is bilocation?
6. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
7. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
8. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
9. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
10. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the impact of Padre Pio's childhood on his adult life? How did the author show these connections?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the way Padre Pio's siblings were used by the author to better define Padre Pio. Consider what was revealed during interactions between the siblings and the way that some were used to highlight their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 3
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)