|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
2. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
3. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
5. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Pietrelcina like during Padre Pio's early childhood?
2. What happened after Padre Pio was diagnosed as being terminally ill?
3. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
5. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
6. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
7. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
8. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
9. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
10. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the author use literature and primary historical documents in this biography? Was this use effective or ineffective?
Essay Topic 2
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
Essay Topic 3
Trace the history of Padre Pio's religious importance. Consider extending beyond the time period address in this book to include the last few years as well.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)