|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
4. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
5. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
2. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
4. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
5. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
7. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
8. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
9. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
10. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
Essay Topic 2
Compare two of the friary leaders and their influence on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the role of women in Padre Pio's life and society.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)