|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
2. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
3. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
4. In Chapter 12, who did the author say Padre Pio was teaching?
5. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
2. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
3. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
4. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
5. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
6. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
7. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
8. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
9. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
10. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare two of the friary leaders and their influence on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how the idea of exile was developed throughout this book and its impact on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Padre Pio's use of symbolism in his writing. How did the author address this use in the text?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)