|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
2. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
3. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
4. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
5. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
Short Essay Questions
1. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
2. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
3. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
4. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
5. What is bilocation?
6. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
7. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
8. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
9. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
10. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define what religious devoutness meant through the lens of Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how the idea of exile was developed throughout this book and its impact on Padre Pio.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)