|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
2. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
3. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
4. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
5. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
2. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
3. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
4. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
6. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
7. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
8. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
9. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
10. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze how the idea of exile was developed throughout this book and its impact on Padre Pio.
Essay Topic 3
Trace the history of Padre Pio's religious importance. Consider extending beyond the time period address in this book to include the last few years as well.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)