|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
3. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
4. In Chapter 12, who did the author say Padre Pio was teaching?
5. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
2. What is bilocation?
3. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
4. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
5. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
6. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
7. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
8. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
9. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
10. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the rural settings to the urban settings in this book. Consider how the settings affected religious beliefs, actions, and Padre Pio as a person.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze suffering as a topic and theme in this book. Remember Padre Pio's ideas about the relationship between suffering and salvation.
Essay Topic 3
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)