|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
2. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
3. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
4. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
5. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is bilocation?
2. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
4. How did post-war prosperity in the 1950s affect Italy?
5. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
7. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
8. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
9. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
10. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the role of women in Padre Pio's life and society.
Essay Topic 2
What was the role of ecstatics/mysticals in the church? How did Padre Pio compare to these groups?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Padre Pio's use of symbolism in his writing. How did the author address this use in the text?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)