|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
2. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
3. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
2. How did people of the world react to Padre Pio's death?
3. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
4. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
5. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
6. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
7. What happened after Padre Pio was diagnosed as being terminally ill?
8. In Chapter 2, what did Padre Pio see before leaving to join the Capuchin Order?
9. What is bilocation?
10. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the way Padre Pio's siblings were used by the author to better define Padre Pio. Consider what was revealed during interactions between the siblings and the way that some were used to highlight their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
What was the impact of Padre Pio's childhood on his adult life? How did the author show these connections?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the stigmata and explain the purpose it served in Padre Pio's life. Also consider the controversy surrounding his stigmata and the effects of this.
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)