|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
2. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
3. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
4. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
5. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
2. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
3. What was Pietrelcina like during Padre Pio's early childhood?
4. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
5. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
6. In Chapter 5, how did Padre Pio feel about his suffering?
7. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
8. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
9. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
10. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the author use literature and primary historical documents in this biography? Was this use effective or ineffective?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Padre Pio's use of symbolism in his writing. How did the author address this use in the text?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the investigations made into Padre Pio's life, spirituality, and miracles. Compare the motives, findings, and outcomes. Is there a way to resolve all these investigations?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)