|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
3. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is bilocation?
2. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
3. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
4. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
6. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
7. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
8. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
9. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
10. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the investigations made into Padre Pio's life, spirituality, and miracles. Compare the motives, findings, and outcomes. Is there a way to resolve all these investigations?
Essay Topic 2
Trace the history of Padre Pio's religious importance. Consider extending beyond the time period address in this book to include the last few years as well.
Essay Topic 3
Trace the developments and changes that occurred with the changes of popes throughout Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)