|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
2. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
3. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 7, why did many people skip Padre Pio's masses?
5. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
2. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
3. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
4. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
5. How did Vatican II affect Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
7. How did people of the world react to Padre Pio's death?
8. In Chapter 17, what changes did the author note about Padre Pio?
9. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
10. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stigmata and explain the purpose it served in Padre Pio's life. Also consider the controversy surrounding his stigmata and the effects of this.
Essay Topic 2
The author said that Padre Pio's childhood neighbors called him "beautiful Frances" both because of his appearance and temperament. Analyze the extent to which these observations remained consistent or varied throughout Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 3
Define what religious devoutness meant through the lens of Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)