Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
2. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
3. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
4. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
5. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
2. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
3. What happened when Pope John XXIII had Padre Pio investigated?
4. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
5. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
6. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
7. What was the path following Padre Pio's death to his sainthood?
8. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
9. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
10. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stigmata and explain the purpose it served in Padre Pio's life. Also consider the controversy surrounding his stigmata and the effects of this.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze suffering as a topic and theme in this book. Remember Padre Pio's ideas about the relationship between suffering and salvation.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)