Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
2. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
3. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
4. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
5. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
2. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
3. What happened when Pope John XXIII had Padre Pio investigated?
4. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
5. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
6. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
7. What was the path following Padre Pio's death to his sainthood?
8. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
9. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
10. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
Compare the rural settings to the urban settings in this book. Consider how the settings affected religious beliefs, actions, and Padre Pio as a person.
Trace the history of Padre Pio's religious importance. Consider extending beyond the time period address in this book to include the last few years as well.
Analyze the investigations made into Padre Pio's life, spirituality, and miracles. Compare the motives, findings, and outcomes. Is there a way to resolve all these investigations?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)