|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
2. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
3. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
4. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
5. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
2. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
3. How did World War I affect Padre Pio?
4. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
6. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
7. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
8. In Chapter 7, what was Padre Pio's hometown ministry like?
9. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
10. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the way Padre Pio's siblings were used by the author to better define Padre Pio. Consider what was revealed during interactions between the siblings and the way that some were used to highlight their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
What was the impact of Padre Pio's childhood on his adult life? How did the author show these connections?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how the idea of exile was developed throughout this book and its impact on Padre Pio.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)