|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
3. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
4. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
2. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
3. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
4. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
5. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
6. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
7. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
8. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
9. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
10. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define what religious devoutness meant through the lens of Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the way Padre Pio's siblings were used by the author to better define Padre Pio. Consider what was revealed during interactions between the siblings and the way that some were used to highlight their similarities and differences.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)