|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Pietrelcina near?
2. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
3. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
4. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
5. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
2. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
3. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
4. What is bilocation?
5. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
6. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
7. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
8. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
9. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
10. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trace the developments and changes that occurred with the changes of popes throughout Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the author's account of supernatural behaviors and instances with the accounts of others in the book. What does this comparison reveal?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the stigmata and explain the purpose it served in Padre Pio's life. Also consider the controversy surrounding his stigmata and the effects of this.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)