|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
2. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
3. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
4. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
5. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. After moving in with the order of friars in Chapter 3, what did Padre Pio have to learn?
2. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
3. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
4. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
5. In Chapter 7, what did the author say about Padre Pio's family upon his return?
6. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
7. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
8. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
9. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
10. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the Catholic church's power structures and their role in Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze suffering as a topic and theme in this book. Remember Padre Pio's ideas about the relationship between suffering and salvation.
Essay Topic 3
Define what religious devoutness meant through the lens of Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)