|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
2. What city is Pietrelcina near?
3. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
4. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
5. In Chapter 5, why was Padre Pio's ordination delayed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
3. In Chapter 12, what did the author say about Padre Pio's miracles?
4. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
5. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
6. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
7. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
8. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
9. What happened when Padre Pio went to St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
10. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the history of The Home to Relieve Suffering as a representative of Padre Pio's life work.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze suffering as a topic and theme in this book. Remember Padre Pio's ideas about the relationship between suffering and salvation.
Essay Topic 3
What was the role of ecstatics/mysticals in the church? How did Padre Pio compare to these groups?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)