|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
2. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
3. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
4. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
5. How did the author describe Padre Pio's trip to Rome?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, what did the author say was unique about Padre Pio's interactions with heavenly beings?
2. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
3. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
4. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
5. In Chapter 6, what were Padre Pio's trances?
6. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
7. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
8. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
9. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
10. In Chapter 2, what problems did the author encounter with Padre Pio's childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the author's account of supernatural behaviors and instances with the accounts of others in the book. What does this comparison reveal?
Essay Topic 2
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
Essay Topic 3
The author said that Padre Pio's childhood neighbors called him "beautiful Frances" both because of his appearance and temperament. Analyze the extent to which these observations remained consistent or varied throughout Padre Pio's life.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)