|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
2. What did Padre Pio study at the friary at San Marco la Catola?
3. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
4. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
5. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did the author say about Padre Pio's experience with the stages of mysticism?
2. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto disagree with Padre Pio?
4. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
5. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
6. What was the Rule of St. Francis?
7. How did doctors respond to Padre Pio's trances?
8. What happened when Padre Pio first decided to join the Capuchin Order?
9. What happened after Padre Pio was diagnosed as being terminally ill?
10. How did Padre Pio's following change after he was allowed to hear confessions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the impact of Padre Pio's childhood on his adult life? How did the author show these connections?
Essay Topic 2
Trace the developments and changes that occurred with the changes of popes throughout Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 3
How did the author use literature and primary historical documents in this biography? Was this use effective or ineffective?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)