|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
2. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
3. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
4. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
5. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Padre Pio first returned to his hometown in Chapter 7?
2. How did Padre Pio react when he fell ill in Chapter 5?
3. What did the author discover about Padre Pio's religious life as a child in Chapter 2?
4. What were some of Padre Pio's rules for spiritual growth?
5. In Chapter 4, how did Padre Pio first react to his visions?
6. What was Padre Pio's relationship with Padre Benedetto Nardella like in the beginning?
7. How did Padre Pio's family put religion at the center of their lives?
8. How did Padre Pio come to have his stigmata?
9. When did Padre Pio learn at San Marco la Catola?
10. How did Padre Pio feel right before joining the Capuchin Order?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research a saint and compare the saint's life and path to sainthood with Padre Pio's.
Essay Topic 2
Define what religious devoutness meant through the lens of Padre Pio's life.
Essay Topic 3
Trace the history of Padre Pio's religious importance. Consider extending beyond the time period address in this book to include the last few years as well.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)