|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because they were starting a ministry there.
(b) Because he was being investigated.
(c) Because his sister was sick.
(d) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
2. How did Pellegrina die?
(a) From a disease.
(b) From old age.
(c) When a ship sank.
(d) During a bombing.
3. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
4. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would yell at them.
(b) He would beg for their forgiveness.
(c) He would slap them.
(d) He would leave the room.
5. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
(a) Padre Pio wrote Benedetto instead.
(b) He visited him in private.
(c) Benedetto was arrested.
(d) They never met again.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
2. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
3. Who did Adelaide leave his trust to?
4. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
5. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
2. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
3. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
5. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
6. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
7. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
8. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
9. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
10. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)