|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
(b) Renewed his religious beliefs.
(c) Gave him sight for one year.
(d) Restored his pupils.
2. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
(a) He could relieve people of sin by touching them.
(b) He stopped taking confessions.
(c) He was able to predict their sins.
(d) He began taking confessions from women.
3. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
(c) No one.
4. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1920s.
(b) In the 1950s.
(c) In the 1940s.
(d) In the 1930s.
5. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
(a) Reading secular texts.
(b) Crime in his neighborhood.
(c) Meeting American soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
2. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
4. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
5. In Chapter 26, what example did the author use to prove how harsh Padre Pio could be with his supporters?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
2. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
3. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
4. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
6. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
7. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
8. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
9. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
10. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)