|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
(a) Le Francious.
(b) L' Americana.
(c) My Maria.
(d) The Woman.
2. In Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio say his medical and religious center would appeal to?
(a) Mind and God.
(b) Body and earth.
(c) Body and soul.
(d) Earth and God.
3. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
4. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) World War II.
(b) He never met a protestant.
(c) Before World War II began.
(d) After World War II ended.
5. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
(a) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(c) Seventh Day Adventists.
(d) Jewish Reformists.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
2. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
3. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
4. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
5. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
3. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
4. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
5. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
7. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
8. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
9. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
10. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)