|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) It strengthened their beliefs.
(b) It made it illegal.
(c) It grew it.
(d) It shrunk it.
2. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(a) Undermining Padre Pio.
(d) Forgetting his vows.
3. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
4. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) Donations from his spiritual children.
(b) Most of his priestly powers.
(c) His entire friary.
(d) His mother.
5. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Stricter police control.
(b) Redeveloped schools.
(c) More democratic involvement.
(d) Giving the church more power.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
2. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
3. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
5. How did Pellegrina die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
2. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
3. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
6. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
7. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
8. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
9. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
10. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)