|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
(a) His glow.
(b) His smell.
(c) His height.
(d) His voice.
2. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) His entire friary.
(b) Donations from his spiritual children.
(c) Most of his priestly powers.
(d) His mother.
3. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
(a) To try to bring Maria home.
(b) To meet Padre Pio.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To move to Italy.
4. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
(a) After mass.
(b) After lunch.
(c) Between confessions.
(d) Before bedtime.
5. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would slap them.
(b) He would yell at them.
(c) He would leave the room.
(d) He would beg for their forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
2. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
3. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
4. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
2. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
5. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
6. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
7. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
8. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
9. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
10. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)