|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what example did the author use to prove how harsh Padre Pio could be with his supporters?
(a) He would shut doors in their faces.
(b) He would tell them they were going to hell.
(c) He would send them home without speaking to them.
(d) He would slap them.
2. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) It grew it.
(b) It shrunk it.
(c) It strengthened their beliefs.
(d) It made it illegal.
3. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1920s.
(b) In the 1930s.
(c) In the 1940s.
(d) In the 1950s.
4. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
(a) By turning inanimate objects into food.
(b) By reading his mind.
(c) By healing him on his death bed.
(d) By taking part in a bilocation.
5. How did Pellegrina die?
(a) During a bombing.
(b) From old age.
(c) When a ship sank.
(d) From a disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
2. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
3. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
4. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
5. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
2. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
3. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
4. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
5. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
6. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
7. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
8. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
9. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
10. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)