|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Padre Pio's friends could not meet with him in Chapter 20, what did they do?
(a) Sang songs.
(b) Went home.
(c) Broke into his room.
(d) Wrote letters.
2. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
3. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(b) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(c) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(d) Because he was too controversal.
4. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
(a) Birthing miracles.
(b) Natural disaster miracles.
(c) Healing miracles.
(d) Speaking in tongue miracles.
5. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
(a) He could break the host.
(b) He could give last rites.
(c) He could give mass publicly.
(d) He could hear confessions from women.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, how did Padre Pio feel about people traveling to see him?
2. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
3. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
4. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
5. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
2. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
3. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
4. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
5. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
6. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
7. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
8. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
9. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
10. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)