|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
2. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(b) Because his sister was sick.
(c) Because they were starting a ministry there.
(d) Because he was being investigated.
3. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
(b) She never officially became a disciple.
(c) A few years after following him.
(d) As soon as she met him.
4. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
(a) By turning inanimate objects into food.
(b) By reading his mind.
(c) By healing him on his death bed.
(d) By taking part in a bilocation.
5. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
(a) Because he thought he was blessed.
(b) Because he wanted a promotion in the friary.
(c) Because Padre Pio was most trustful.
(d) Because he thought Padre Pio was a different person.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
2. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
3. In Chapter 26, what example did the author use to prove how harsh Padre Pio could be with his supporters?
4. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
5. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what changes did the author note about Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
3. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
5. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
6. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
7. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
8. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
9. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
10. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)