|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
(a) Meeting with Americans.
(b) Hosting a radio show.
(c) Leading a "prayer army".
(d) Writing books.
2. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
(a) He said they were distancing themselves from the church's doctrine.
(b) He said they were being tricked by Padre Pio.
(c) He said they were robbing Padre Pio.
(d) He said they were using Padre Pio to make money.
3. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
(a) By turning inanimate objects into food.
(b) By reading his mind.
(c) By healing him on his death bed.
(d) By taking part in a bilocation.
4. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
5. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
(a) Between confessions.
(b) After mass.
(c) After lunch.
(d) Before bedtime.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
2. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
3. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
4. How did the author support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate in Chapter 28?
5. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
2. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
3. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
4. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
5. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
6. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
7. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
8. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
9. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
10. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)