|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, when did the author say Padre Pio's day began?
2. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He met with Padre Pio in private.
(b) He led a march.
(c) He burned the newsletter.
(d) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
3. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would leave the room.
(b) He would beg for their forgiveness.
(c) He would yell at them.
(d) He would slap them.
4. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) Maria's younger sister.
(b) A cousin of his.
(c) A newspaper writer.
(d) A priest.
5. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) He didn't turn the examination down.
(b) Because he wasn't certified.
(c) Because he didn't have permission.
(d) Because he wasn't Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, why did the author described Padre Pio as "charismatic"?
2. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
3. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
4. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
5. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
2. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
3. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
4. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
5. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
7. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
8. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
9. In Chapter 17, what changes did the author note about Padre Pio?
10. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)