|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was speaking with God.
(b) Because he was praying and reading.
(c) Because he was working at the hospital.
(d) Because he was praying the rosary.
2. In Chapter 26, how long did the author say Padre Pio would hear confessions for each day?
(a) Up to 8 hours a day.
(b) He stopped hearing confessions at this time.
(c) Up to 6 hours a day.
(d) Up to 4 hours a day.
3. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he was apart from his family.
(b) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
(c) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
(d) Because he wasn't preaching.
4. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
(a) World War II.
(b) Before World War II began.
(c) He never met a protestant.
(d) After World War II ended.
5. In Chapter 27, what varied about Padre Pio according to who was witnessing him?
(a) His voice.
(b) His height.
(c) His smell.
(d) His glow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
2. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
3. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
4. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
5. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
2. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
3. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
5. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
6. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
7. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
8. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
9. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
10. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)