|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the new church was built in Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio begin doing?
(a) Hosting a radio show.
(b) Meeting with Americans.
(c) Writing books.
(d) Leading a "prayer army".
2. In Chapter 25, what did Padre Pio say his medical and religious center would appeal to?
(a) Earth and God.
(b) Mind and God.
(c) Body and earth.
(d) Body and soul.
3. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
(a) To stop personal photos from being leaked.
(b) To prevent a book from being published.
(c) To end a harrassment charge.
(d) To save Padre Pio's job.
4. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
(a) He didn't, Pope Benedict XV was Padre Pio's enemy.
(b) Because he felt that Padre Pio was authentic.
(c) Because he took an oath to protect Padre Pio.
(d) Because he protected all Catholics.
5. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what religious movement did Padre Pio try to stop?
2. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
3. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
4. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
5. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
2. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
4. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
6. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
7. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
8. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
9. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
10. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)