|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, why did the author described Padre Pio as "charismatic"?
(a) Because he worked religious miracles.
(b) Because most people loved him.
(c) Because he renewed interest in the church.
(d) Because he was a good public speaker.
2. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because his sister was sick.
(b) Because they were starting a ministry there.
(c) Because he was being investigated.
(d) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
3. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
4. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
(a) His imprisonment.
(b) His crime.
(c) His justification.
(d) His duty.
5. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
(a) He supported it.
(b) He ignored it.
(c) He opposed it.
(d) He wanted to join it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate in Chapter 28?
2. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
3. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
4. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
5. What mood was Padre Pio in when he wrote "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
2. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
3. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
4. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
5. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
6. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
7. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
8. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
9. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
10. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)