|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, how long did the author say Padre Pio reportedly slept for at night?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Eight hours.
2. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would leave the room.
(b) He would slap them.
(c) He would yell at them.
(d) He would beg for their forgiveness.
3. In Chapter 27, how did Padre Pio speak to others about his miracles?
(a) He would only write about them.
(b) He avoided speaking about them.
(c) He would describe them in great detail in private.
(d) He held monthly public reviews of his miracles.
4. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
(a) The Woman.
(b) My Maria.
(c) Le Francious.
(d) L' Americana.
5. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was speaking with God.
(b) Because he was praying the rosary.
(c) Because he was working at the hospital.
(d) Because he was praying and reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane," what did Padre Pio salvation required?
2. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
3. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
4. How did Pellegrina die?
5. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
2. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
3. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
4. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
6. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
7. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
8. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
9. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
10. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)