|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(b) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(c) Because he was too controversal.
(d) Because they had healed his stigmata.
2. In Chapter 24, how did Padre Pio feel about the monarchy?
(a) He wanted to join it.
(b) He ignored it.
(c) He supported it.
(d) He opposed it.
3. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
4. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
(a) Adelaide's death.
(b) Padre Pio's illness.
(c) World War II.
(d) A lack of money.
5. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
(a) Restored his pupils.
(b) Gave him sight for one year.
(c) Renewed his religious beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the author say Padre Pio probably met his first protestant?
2. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
3. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
4. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
5. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
2. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
4. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
5. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
7. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
8. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
9. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
10. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)