|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
2. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
(a) Birthing miracles.
(b) Healing miracles.
(c) Natural disaster miracles.
(d) Speaking in tongue miracles.
3. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
(a) No one.
4. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
(c) Famous people.
(d) Sick people.
5. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Redeveloped schools.
(b) More democratic involvement.
(c) Giving the church more power.
(d) Stricter police control.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
2. In Chapter 26, what example did the author use to prove how harsh Padre Pio could be with his supporters?
3. In Chapter 27, how did Padre Pio speak to others about his miracles?
4. When Padre Pio's friends could not meet with him in Chapter 20, what did they do?
5. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
2. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
3. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
4. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
5. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
6. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
7. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
8. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
9. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
10. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)