|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
(a) To take a vacation.
(b) To try to bring Maria home.
(c) To move to Italy.
(d) To meet Padre Pio.
2. In Chapter 29, what did a blind man claim Padre Pio did for him?
(a) Gave him sight for one year.
(c) Restored his pupils.
(d) Renewed his religious beliefs.
3. What happened to Maria during World War II?
(a) She became sick.
(b) She was arrested.
(c) She moved back home.
(d) She disappeared.
4. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would yell at them.
(b) He would leave the room.
(c) He would beg for their forgiveness.
(d) He would slap them.
5. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because he was being investigated.
(b) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(c) Because his sister was sick.
(d) Because they were starting a ministry there.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what did the author say Padre Pio's life was not when it came to supernatural feats?
2. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
3. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
4. How did the author support Padre Pio's ability to bilocate in Chapter 28?
5. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 29, how did Padre Pio feel about his ability to heal?
3. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
5. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
6. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
7. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
8. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
9. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
10. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)