|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) He had less money to work with.
(b) He was given more freedom.
(c) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
(d) He faced more constraints.
2. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) A cousin of his.
(b) A newspaper writer.
(c) A priest.
(d) Maria's younger sister.
3. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
(a) Healing miracles.
(b) Speaking in tongue miracles.
(c) Natural disaster miracles.
(d) Birthing miracles.
4. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
(b) Because he was apart from his family.
(c) Because he wasn't preaching.
(d) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
5. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was hated at his friary.
(b) That he was demonic.
(c) That he was a reliable source.
(d) That he was stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
2. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
3. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
4. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
5. How did Padre Pio feel about the lines of people who wanted to confess to him in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what changes did the author note about Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
3. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
4. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
5. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
7. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
8. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
9. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
10. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)