|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what pauses development of The House for the Relief of Suffering?
(a) Padre Pio's illness.
(b) Adelaide's death.
(c) World War II.
(d) A lack of money.
2. In Chapter 25, what month was the hospital built?
3. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
(a) He was given more freedom.
(b) He had less money to work with.
(c) It didn't affect Padre Pio.
(d) He faced more constraints.
4. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
(a) He said they were using Padre Pio to make money.
(b) He said they were robbing Padre Pio.
(c) He said they were being tricked by Padre Pio.
(d) He said they were distancing themselves from the church's doctrine.
5. In Chapter 26, why did the author say Padre Pio often went to bed at 1:30am?
(a) Because he was praying and reading.
(b) Because he was working at the hospital.
(c) Because he was speaking with God.
(d) Because he was praying the rosary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
2. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
3. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
4. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
5. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
3. How did Maria Pyle become associated with Padre Pio?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
5. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
6. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
7. In Chapter 14, what made Padre Pio controversial?
8. In Chapter 13, what background information did the author provide about Padre Pio's stigmata?
9. How did Padre Pio feel about World War II?
10. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)