|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, why did the author described Padre Pio as "charismatic"?
(a) Because he was a good public speaker.
(b) Because he worked religious miracles.
(c) Because most people loved him.
(d) Because he renewed interest in the church.
2. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) They forced him to move.
(b) They shrunk the number of followers.
(c) They translated his writings.
(d) They spread it.
3. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(b) Because he was too controversal.
(c) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(d) Because he suffered from mental illness.
4. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
(a) To end a harrassment charge.
(b) To save Padre Pio's job.
(c) To stop personal photos from being leaked.
(d) To prevent a book from being published.
5. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1920s.
(b) In the 1930s.
(c) In the 1950s.
(d) In the 1940s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, when did Padre Pio usually pray the rosary?
2. In Chapter 27, how did Carrigan feel about Padre Pio's miracles?
3. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
4. What did Don Giovanni Miscio say against Padre Pio and his ministry?
5. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
2. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
3. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
4. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 25, what changed most in Padre Pio's life?
6. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
7. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
8. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
9. How did Benedetto's absence in Chapter 19 affect Padre Pio?
10. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)