|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
(a) His imprisonment.
(b) His justification.
(c) His crime.
(d) His duty.
2. When did Padre Pio have a doctor attempt to heal his stigmata wounds?
(a) In the 1930s.
(b) In the 1950s.
(c) In the 1920s.
(d) In the 1940s.
3. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) A few years after following him.
(b) She never officially became a disciple.
(c) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
(d) As soon as she met him.
4. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because he was too controversal.
(b) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(c) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(d) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
5. In Chapter 18, what did Padre Pio decide to build?
(a) A school.
(b) A church.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
2. How did Pellegrina die?
3. In Chapter 23, how did American and British soldiers affect Padre Pio's ministry?
4. How did Bill Carrigan describe Padre Pio after meeting him?
5. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence did the author provide to prove that Padre Pio's palms bled for years?
2. What type of travel was described in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
4. In the 1920s, what was Padre Pio's relationship with the Vatican like?
5. How did Padre Bernardo death affect Padre Pio?
6. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
7. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
8. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
9. How did Padre Pio feel about people coming to visit him in Chapter 21?
10. In Chapter 14, what was Gerardo Agostino Gemelli's reaction to Padre Pio?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)