|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would beg for their forgiveness.
(b) He would yell at them.
(c) He would leave the room.
(d) He would slap them.
2. In Chapter 26, what example did the author use to prove how harsh Padre Pio could be with his supporters?
(a) He would shut doors in their faces.
(b) He would send them home without speaking to them.
(c) He would slap them.
(d) He would tell them they were going to hell.
3. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He burned the newsletter.
(b) He met with Padre Pio in private.
(c) He led a march.
(d) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
4. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because his sister was sick.
(b) Because he was being investigated.
(c) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(d) Because they were starting a ministry there.
5. What did Padre Pio say about San Giovanni Rotondo during World War II?
(a) That it would be his new home.
(b) That it would fall to Hitler.
(c) That it would be spared.
(d) That it would see the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Mayor Mordalci do to try to defend Padre Pio?
2. In Chapter 27, how did Padre Pio speak to others about his miracles?
3. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
5. In Chapter 29, when Padre Pio healed, who did he give credit to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what was Padre Pio's daily schedule?
2. In Chapter 27, how did the author describe Padre Pio's miracles?
3. In Chapter 20, what constraints were placed against Padre Pio?
4. What happened at San Giovanni Rotondo in World War II that was connected to Padre Pio?
5. In Chapter 24, what did the author attribute to Padre Pio regarding Italian history?
6. What happened after Padre Pio was told to transfer to Foggia?
7. How did Padre Pio know Dr. Ricciardi?
8. In Chapter 25, what problems arose surrounding the hospital?
9. What did Padre Pio say in "The Agony of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane"?
10. In Chapter 20, what dispute over a book did the author describe?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)