|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
(a) By writing about Padre Pio in a paper.
(b) By claiming Padre Pio perfumed himself.
(c) By stealing money from Padre Pio.
(d) By tripping Padre Pio outside church.
2. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
(a) He wanted him to write about his experience.
(b) He wanted to return him to their community.
(c) He wanted to send him to exile.
(d) He wanted him to take his job.
3. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he defaced a Bible.
(b) That he rarely attended church.
(c) That he sometimes stole.
(d) That he never prayed in front of them.
4. Where did Padre Pio's father work most of his life?
5. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(b) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(c) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(d) Because his teacher suggested it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
2. When was Padre Pio declared terminally ill?
3. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
4. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
5. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)