|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He was proud.
(b) He was sad.
(c) He was excited.
(d) He didn't care.
2. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
(b) He burned the newsletter.
(c) He met with Padre Pio in private.
(d) He led a march.
3. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
(a) He refused donations.
(b) Only children.
(c) The needy.
(d) To pay for his medical expenses.
4. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he had sinned.
(b) Because he left the order.
(c) Because he kept vomitting.
(d) Because he forgot his vows.
5. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Fifty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
2. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
3. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
4. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
5. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)