|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he could speak to the dead.
(b) That he was witness to Christ.
(c) That he had multiple personalities.
(d) That he could bilocate.
2. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
(a) Because he was needed to help fix a fraudulent friary.
(b) Because his sister was sick.
(c) Because they were starting a ministry there.
(d) Because he was being investigated.
3. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
(b) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(c) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(d) With a list of ten points.
4. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A lack of official records.
(b) Burned documents.
(c) Unreliable sources.
(d) A language barrier.
5. When did Padre Pio visit Rome with his sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio name his sacrifice to God for the needs of the unsaved?
2. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
3. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
4. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
5. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)