|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mayor Morcaldi react to news that Padre Pio should not be considered a saint?
(a) He wrote a letter agreeing with the decision.
(b) He burned the newsletter.
(c) He led a march.
(d) He met with Padre Pio in private.
2. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Thirty years.
3. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
(a) At the Vatican.
(b) In the United States.
(c) In Naples.
(d) At the friary.
4. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(b) Undermining Padre Pio.
(d) Forgetting his vows.
5. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he sometimes stole.
(b) That he never prayed in front of them.
(c) That he defaced a Bible.
(d) That he rarely attended church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
3. In Chapter 6, how did Benedetto feel when Padre Pio resisted returning to the friary?
4. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
5. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)