|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
(a) Because he protected all Catholics.
(b) Because he felt that Padre Pio was authentic.
(c) Because he took an oath to protect Padre Pio.
(d) He didn't, Pope Benedict XV was Padre Pio's enemy.
2. In Chapter 16, what did Gagliardi tell the Papal office about Padre Pio?
(a) That he was a reliable source.
(b) That he was hated at his friary.
(c) That he was stealing.
(d) That he was demonic.
3. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
(a) He would beg for their forgiveness.
(b) He would yell at them.
(c) He would leave the room.
(d) He would slap them.
4. In Chapter 9, why did Benedetto show tension toward Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted him to write a book.
(b) He wanted him to retrun to the friary.
(c) He wanted him to become a priest.
(d) He wanted him to teach classes.
5. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
(a) To force the ban on Padre Pio to be lifted.
(b) He didn't threaten to publish a book.
(c) To upset secularists.
(d) To get the pope to meet with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
3. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
4. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
5. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)