|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He had to ration supplies.
(b) He had to do sermons on the road.
(c) He decided to join the military.
(d) He was drafted.
2. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(b) Awakening of the self.
(c) Spiritual marriage.
(d) Purification of the self.
3. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He was proud.
(b) He was excited.
(c) He was sad.
(d) He didn't care.
4. How did Don Angelo treat Padre Pio as a boy?
(c) He ignored him.
(d) He teased him.
5. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) No other ideas.
(b) Pagan traditions.
(c) Jewish ideologies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
2. In Chapter 9, how did Benedetto show his anger toward Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
4. How did Padre Pio supposedly convert Dr. Ricciardi to Christianity?
5. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)