|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) For mass.
(b) Whenever he wanted.
(c) He could never leave his bed.
(d) To work with Benedetto.
2. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
(c) His superior.
3. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
(a) He didn't, Pope Benedict XV was Padre Pio's enemy.
(b) Because he protected all Catholics.
(c) Because he felt that Padre Pio was authentic.
(d) Because he took an oath to protect Padre Pio.
4. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he wasn't Christian.
(b) He didn't turn the examination down.
(c) Because he didn't have permission.
(d) Because he wasn't certified.
5. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
(a) That he was sorry.
(b) That he still had unconfessed sins.
(c) That he wanted to bear the cross.
(d) That he had spoken to demons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what did Padre Pio know about Padre Agostino's prayer for him?
2. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
3. What did Padre Pio study in Chapter 3 in order to become a friar?
4. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
5. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)