|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what did Padre Pio lose?
(a) Most of his priestly powers.
(b) His entire friary.
(c) His mother.
(d) Donations from his spiritual children.
2. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
(a) Totalitarian regimes.
(b) Weeding out frauds.
(c) Working with ecstatics.
(d) Making the church more money.
3. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Mad Monk.
(b) Fearless Friar.
(c) Fraudulent Friar.
(d) Mini Monk.
4. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
(a) To help her earn money.
(b) To take care of her soul.
(c) To show her the way.
(d) To free her from pain.
5. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they were gods.
(b) They felt like they didn't exist.
(c) They felt like they were secondary characters.
(d) They felt like they were family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
2. In Chapter 14, how did the author say World War I affected Padre Pio's ministry?
3. What advice did Padre Pio give regarding the devil, according to the author in Chapter 11?
4. When Padre Bernardo became Cardinal, how did it affect Padre Pio?
5. In 1933, what changed for Padre Pio?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)