|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
2. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He didn't care.
(c) He was proud.
(d) He was excited.
3. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
(a) He didn't have an explanation.
(b) Jesus and Mary gave them to him.
(c) God forced him to do it to himself.
(d) His teacher caused them.
4. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because he suffered from mental illness.
(b) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(c) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(d) Because he was too controversal.
5. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to die also.
(b) He wanted to return to exile.
(c) He wanted to change religions.
(d) He wanted to start a new ministry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Padre Pio do when he became impatient with penitents?
2. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
3. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
4. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
5. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)