|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(b) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(c) With a list of ten points.
(d) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
2. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
(b) Because his medicine didn't help.
(c) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
(d) Because of his mental illness.
3. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
(a) Stricter police control.
(b) More democratic involvement.
(c) Redeveloped schools.
(d) Giving the church more power.
4. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
(a) Forgetting his vows.
(d) Undermining Padre Pio.
5. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
(a) He could never leave his bed.
(b) For mass.
(c) To work with Benedetto.
(d) Whenever he wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
2. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
3. In Chapter 15, why did Archpriest Don Giuseppe begin confessing to Padre Pio?
4. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
5. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)