|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(b) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(c) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(d) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
2. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
(a) Benedetto was arrested.
(b) Padre Pio wrote Benedetto instead.
(c) He visited him in private.
(d) They never met again.
3. In Chapter 13, how did the author say he felt toward reports that Padre Pio was neurotic?
(a) He felt that it was most likely the truth, but couldn't prove it.
(b) He felt that it the reports were not researched enough to be taken seriously.
(c) He agreed fully.
(d) He disagreed fully.
4. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) None were documented well enough to verify.
(b) Many were fakes.
(c) They were all relating to women.
(d) They relied more on common spirits than God.
5. In Chapter 8, what caused Padre Pio to desire to leave the world?
(a) Feeling the illumination of God.
(b) Traveling to Rome with an angel.
(c) Being touched by Mary.
(d) Having his soul cleansed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
2. What season was it when Padre Pio left his family in Chapter 2?
3. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
4. When socialism and fascism were gaining power, what did Padre Pio suggest to the mayor of his town?
5. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)