|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after Benedetto was forbidden from writing to Padre Pio?
(a) Benedetto was arrested.
(b) He visited him in private.
(c) They never met again.
(d) Padre Pio wrote Benedetto instead.
2. When did Maria Pyle decide to become one of Padre Pio's disciples?
(a) As soon as she met him.
(b) After hearing one of his sermons in Germany.
(c) She never officially became a disciple.
(d) A few years after following him.
3. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
(a) A king.
(b) A bishop.
(c) A writer.
(d) A pope.
4. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
(a) He doesn't know how.
(b) He grabbed a hot rod.
(c) He was cut by razors.
(d) He spilled acid on them.
5. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Learn three languages.
(b) Have a private education.
(c) Study world religions.
(d) Travel to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
2. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
3. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
4. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
5. In Chapter 7, why did many townspeople claim demons circled Padre Pio?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)