|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what miracles did the author detail?
(a) Birthing miracles.
(b) Healing miracles.
(c) Natural disaster miracles.
(d) Speaking in tongue miracles.
2. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
(a) To educate.
(b) To sedate.
(c) To frighten.
(d) To entertain.
3. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
(d) His superior.
4. How did Dr. Lombardi describe Padre Pio's trances?
(a) Lost suffering.
(b) A fraud.
(c) True ecstacy.
(d) Hightened awarenesses.
5. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Have a private education.
(b) Study world religions.
(c) Learn three languages.
(d) Travel to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
2. Why did Brunatto threaten to publish a book?
3. When Pope Pius XI took over, what was his major concern?
4. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
5. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)