|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, why did Padre Pio feel like he had more time to work with his spiritual children?
(a) Because he wasn't preaching.
(b) Because he was apart from his family.
(c) Because he had his own church to meet with them.
(d) Because he had a smaller amount of spiritual children.
2. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
(a) He disliked his students.
(b) He had visions in the middle of class.
(c) He would be late for class.
(d) He was unprepared.
3. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He was drafted.
(b) He had to ration supplies.
(c) He decided to join the military.
(d) He had to do sermons on the road.
4. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
5. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
(a) To become a friar.
(b) To study history.
(c) To learn world languages.
(d) To train to be a priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
2. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
3. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
4. Where was Padre Pio told he was terminally ill?
5. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)