|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(b) Awakening of the self.
(c) Spiritual marriage.
(d) Purification of the self.
2. How did Gra feel about praying the rosary?
(a) It was a routine.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He always forgot to pray the rosary.
(d) It brought him joy.
3. In Chapter 15, what did the author say Padre Pio accepted donations for?
(a) He refused donations.
(b) Only children.
(c) The needy.
(d) To pay for his medical expenses.
4. In Chapter 14, why did Padre Pio turn down an examination by Gerardo Agostino Gemelli?
(a) Because he didn't have permission.
(b) Because he wasn't certified.
(c) He didn't turn the examination down.
(d) Because he wasn't Christian.
5. In Chapter 11, how many rules for spiritual growth did the author say Padre Pio had?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
2. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
3. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
4. In Chapter 15, what was Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi accused of?
5. Why did Pope Benedict XV protect Padre Pio during his lifetime?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)