|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Miracle-Worker, Chapter 18, 'L'Americana', Chapter 19, Continued Sorrows, Chapter 20, The Imprisonment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1923 why did the Holy Office say Padre Pio should not be a saint?
(a) Because they had healed his stigmata.
(b) Because he was too controversal.
(c) Because they couldn't confirm his supernatural character.
(d) Because he suffered from mental illness.
2. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
(a) To become a friar.
(b) To learn world languages.
(c) To study history.
(d) To train to be a priest.
3. In Chapter 17, what happened to Padre Pio's confessions?
(a) He could relieve people of sin by touching them.
(b) He stopped taking confessions.
(c) He began taking confessions from women.
(d) He was able to predict their sins.
4. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
(a) Purification of the self.
(c) Awakening of the self.
(d) Spiritual marriage.
5. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
(a) They went away for awhile.
(b) The bandages wouldn't stay in place.
(c) They became worse.
(d) He was wounded on his arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname was Maria Pyle given?
2. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
3. How did Monsignor Pasquale Gagliardi try to start a fight with Padre Pio?
4. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
5. In Chapter 13, how long did the author say Padre Pio's hands bled for?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)