|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Giovanna Rizzani say Padre Pio's form promised her?
(a) To show her the way.
(b) To take care of her soul.
(c) To free her from pain.
(d) To help her earn money.
2. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he had multiple personalities.
(b) That he could speak to the dead.
(c) That he was witness to Christ.
(d) That he could bilocate.
3. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He was drafted.
(b) He decided to join the military.
(c) He had to ration supplies.
(d) He had to do sermons on the road.
4. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
(a) He hid them for months.
(b) Many people were sick at the time.
(c) People didn't believe they were real.
(d) News of the stigmata spread quickly.
5. In Chapter 1, what was life like in Pietrelcina?
(a) A wave of wealth passed through the town.
(b) The town had been flooding.
(c) Many people were ill.
(d) Most of the women left.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "Pio" come from in Padre Pio's name?
2. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
3. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
4. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
5. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)