|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Padre Pio's childhood, how did his family make money?
(a) They were traders.
(b) They sewed quilts.
(c) They worked for the government.
(d) They ran a farm.
2. What did Benedetto tell Padre Pio in Chapter 5 to help with his fears?
(a) To suffer more.
(b) To pray with others.
(c) To write about it.
(d) To read the Bible.
3. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
(a) He wanted to return to exile.
(b) He wanted to change religions.
(c) He wanted to start a new ministry.
(d) He wanted to die also.
4. In Chapter 1, how did Padre Pio's parents feel about the saints?
(a) They felt like they were gods.
(b) They felt like they didn't exist.
(c) They felt like they were secondary characters.
(d) They felt like they were family.
5. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) Pagan traditions.
(b) No other ideas.
(d) Jewish ideologies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
2. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
3. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
4. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
5. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)