|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation for his hand wounds did Padre Pio give?
(a) He didn't have an explanation.
(b) Jesus and Mary gave them to him.
(c) God forced him to do it to himself.
(d) His teacher caused them.
2. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
(a) To train to be a priest.
(b) To become a friar.
(c) To study history.
(d) To learn world languages.
3. In Chapter 7, why did the author say many claims about Padre Pio cannot be dismissed?
(a) He says they can be dismissed.
(b) Because he witnessed them himself.
(c) Because of their documentation.
(d) Because they are legend.
4. Who was healed at St. Pellegrino the Martyr when Padre Pio visited?
(a) His mother.
(b) A child.
(c) An elderly woman.
(d) A black man.
5. In Chapter 12, what did the author note about the miracles attributed to Padre Pio at this time in his life?
(a) Many were fakes.
(b) They relied more on common spirits than God.
(c) None were documented well enough to verify.
(d) They were all relating to women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
2. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
3. How many teachers did Padre Pio have during his childhood?
4. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
5. What happened when Padre Pio told his superiors about his visions in Chapter 4?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)