|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Padre Pio showed religious enthusiasm as a child, what did his neighbors say in Chapter 2?
(a) That he never prayed in front of them.
(b) That he rarely attended church.
(c) That he sometimes stole.
(d) That he defaced a Bible.
2. In Chapter 4, what did the author say many people believed about Padre Pio?
(a) That he had multiple personalities.
(b) That he was witness to Christ.
(c) That he could speak to the dead.
(d) That he could bilocate.
3. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to save one's self.
(b) It is the desire to serve humanity.
(c) It is the desire to leave the world.
(d) It is the desire to be awakened.
4. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
(a) The world.
(c) His hometown.
(d) The Vatican.
5. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
(a) To sedate.
(b) To educate.
(c) To frighten.
(d) To entertain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
2. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
3. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
4. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
5. What did the author name the first five years after Padre Pio returned home?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)