|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(b) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(c) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
(d) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
2. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
3. In Chapter 7, how many stages did the author say Padre Pio's ministry had?
4. What did the Capuchin Order insist Padre Pio do before being accepted?
(a) Learn three languages.
(b) Study world religions.
(c) Travel to the United States.
(d) Have a private education.
5. In Chapter 5, when did the author say Padre Pio experienced great exultation?
(a) During mass.
(b) After falling asleep.
(c) During consolation.
(d) While traveling.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who did Padre Pio tell about his desire to return to Pietrelcina?
2. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
3. How did Raffaelina's death affect Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 9, what convinced Padre Pio to return to the cloister?
5. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)