|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about the mystics when he first learned about them?
(a) He disliked their ideas.
(b) He liked their ideas, but quickly forgot them.
(c) He was greatly influenced by them.
(d) He was humored by them.
2. Who recorded the instance of Padre Pio speaking with demons?
(a) Padre Agostino.
(c) A young monk.
(d) Padre Pio himself.
3. In Chapter 12, how did Padre Pio hurt his hands?
(a) He was cut by razors.
(b) He grabbed a hot rod.
(c) He spilled acid on them.
(d) He doesn't know how.
4. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He decided to join the military.
(b) He had to do sermons on the road.
(c) He had to ration supplies.
(d) He was drafted.
5. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
(a) He didn't have the money.
(b) He couldn't renounce the joys of life.
(c) He didn't like the other men in the group.
(d) He couldn't remember his oath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
2. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
3. In Chapter 4, how were Benedetto's beliefs described?
4. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
5. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)