|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Padre Pio feel about leaving his family in Chapter 2?
(a) He was proud.
(b) He was excited.
(c) He was sad.
(d) He didn't care.
2. In Chapter 9, how did the progression of World War I personally affect Padre Pio?
(a) He was drafted.
(b) He had to ration supplies.
(c) He had to do sermons on the road.
(d) He decided to join the military.
3. In Chapter 4, what did Padre Pio's visions inspire him to do?
4. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
(a) That the local church was becoming corrupt.
(b) That Padre Pio wasn't welcome in his hometown.
(c) That his sister had an out-of-wedlock pregnancy.
(d) That his brother had killed someone accidentally.
5. Why did the author say news of Padre Pio's stigmata spread slowly at first?
(a) People didn't believe they were real.
(b) He hid them for months.
(c) Many people were sick at the time.
(d) News of the stigmata spread quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
2. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
3. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
4. In Chapter 1, what nickname was Padre Pio's family given?
5. How old was Padre Pio when he visited St. Pellegrino the Martyr?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)