|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he kept vomitting.
(b) Because he left the order.
(c) Because he forgot his vows.
(d) Because he had sinned.
2. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) No other ideas.
(b) Jewish ideologies.
(d) Pagan traditions.
3. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
(a) Because of his mental illness.
(b) Because his physical issues couldn't be obeserved.
(c) Because his medicine didn't help.
(d) Because he desired Christ's suffering.
4. In Chapter 12, who did the author say Padre Pio was teaching?
(a) High school boys.
(b) Children of both genders.
(c) High school girls.
(d) Adult men.
5. At the end of Chapter 9, how did the author describe Padre Pio's time away from the friary?
(d) A waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Padre Pio question becoming a full member of Capuchin Order?
2. How many older siblings did Padre Pio have?
3. In Chapter 7, what did the author say he came to assume from reading the letters of Padre Pio's family?
4. In Chapter 8, what did the author say the first stage of mystical experiences is?
5. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)