|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though the people of Pietrelcina were Roman Catholic, what other beliefs did they entertain?
(a) Pagan traditions.
(b) No other ideas.
(c) Jewish ideologies.
2. In Chapter 3, why did Padre Pio decide to live a life of suffering?
(a) Because it would keep him from temptation.
(b) Because it was a witness to Christ.
(c) Because it made him feel better about leaving his family.
(d) Because his teacher suggested it.
3. In Chapter 7, what do the people of Pietrelcina call Padre Pio?
(a) Fraudulent Friar.
(b) Fearless Friar.
(c) Mini Monk.
(d) Mad Monk.
4. What was the first stage of Padre Pio's ministry?
(b) The Vatican.
(c) The world.
(d) His hometown.
5. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to leave the world.
(b) It is the desire to be awakened.
(c) It is the desire to save one's self.
(d) It is the desire to serve humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a teenager, how did Padre Pio treat women?
2. In Chapter 8, how did the author try to tie Padre Pio's life to the stages of mystical experience?
3. In Chapter 3, how were Padre Pio's vows described?
4. In Chapter 3, how did Padre Pio feel about his daily schedule?
5. What city is Pietrelcina near?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)