|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why did Padre Pio have a difficult time teaching?
(a) He had visions in the middle of class.
(b) He was unprepared.
(c) He would be late for class.
(d) He disliked his students.
2. In Chapter 4, how were Padre Pio's visions described?
(a) As fleeting images.
(b) As holy interceptions.
(c) As supernatural conversations.
(d) As painful occurances.
3. In Chapter 2, what problem did the author find with researching Padre Pio's childhood?
(a) A language barrier.
(b) Burned documents.
(c) Unreliable sources.
(d) A lack of official records.
4. What city is Pietrelcina near?
5. In Chapter 11, how did the author try to summarize Padre Pio's advice?
(a) With quotes from newspaper articles.
(b) With a sampling of Padre Pio's letters.
(c) With a list of ten points.
(d) With a lengthy passage from an academic essay.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how did Padre Pio's father react when he told him about speaking with a guardian angle?
2. In Chapter 11, what did the author say was strange about Padre Pio's early followers?
3. Why did one doctor believe that Padre Pio was having psychosomatic physical issues?
4. In Chapter 6, what did the author say Padre Pio told Jesus?
5. In Chapter 3, what was the purpose of the novitiate?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)