|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Return to the Friary, Chapter 10, San Giovanni Rotondo, Chapter 11, The Spiritual Director, Chapter 12, The Stigmata.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Padre Pio covered his hand wounds?
(a) The bandages wouldn't stay in place.
(b) They became worse.
(c) He was wounded on his arms.
(d) They went away for awhile.
2. What happened when Benedetto learned of Padre Pio's wounds?
(a) He wanted him to take his job.
(b) He wanted to send him to exile.
(c) He wanted to return him to their community.
(d) He wanted him to write about his experience.
3. Why did Padre Pio join Capuchin Order?
(a) To train to be a priest.
(b) To study history.
(c) To learn world languages.
(d) To become a friar.
4. When did other people, aside from Benedetto, learn about Padre Pio's visions?
5. What did the author say in Chapter 8 about the desire behind the mystical experience?
(a) It is the desire to leave the world.
(b) It is the desire to be awakened.
(c) It is the desire to serve humanity.
(d) It is the desire to save one's self.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what did Padre Pio do to help others through Purgatory?
2. After being declared terminally ill, when was Padre Pio able to leave his bed?
3. When Padre Pio returned to Pietrelcina in Chapter 7, what was he known for?
4. How did the author describe Padre Pio's thought of God in Chapter 8?
5. Why did Padre Pio say he feared God in Chapter 5?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)