|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25, 'A Magnificent Work of Charity', Chapter 26, A Day With Padre Pio, Chapter 27, The Charismatic, Chapter 28, Extraordinary Traveler, Chapter 29, The Doctor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 24, who did the author say called on Padre Pio for help?
(c) Famous people.
(d) Sick people.
2. Who did Padre Pio hire as a secretary in Chapter 24?
(a) A newspaper writer.
(b) A priest.
(c) Maria's younger sister.
(d) A cousin of his.
3. In Chapter 24, what did the author say led to Padre Pio's political involvement?
(a) Reading secular texts.
(c) Crime in his neighborhood.
(d) Meeting American soldiers.
4. In Chapter 18, why did Maria Pyle's mother come to Italy?
(a) To try to bring Maria home.
(b) To move to Italy.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To meet Padre Pio.
5. What vision did Padre Pio report having in 1903?
(a) A beautiful woman showing him art.
(b) Details about the world wars.
(c) Instructions on how to fight a demon.
(d) Mary holding his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what did Padre Pio do instead of eating dinner?
2. What did the Rule of St. Francis forbid?
3. In Chapter 19, why was Padre Pio's family blackmailed?
4. Why was Padre Pio sent to Foggia?
5. Why did Maria refuse to gossip?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)