|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paddy want to be with after he falls asleep in class?
2. What country does one of Paddy's uncles move to?
3. How does Paddy feel after he and Kevin kick Ian's dog?
4. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
5. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of Paddy's fears? How does fear play a central role in the novel? Are Paddy's fears substantial or just trivial?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the story of Father Damien and describe what kind of role model Father Damien was for Paddy.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the story Paddy often tells lies. What are some of the lies Paddy tells? Later in the story Paddy explains why he lies. Using details from the text and classroom discussion, explain why Paddy likes to make up stories that are not true.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)