|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Paddy to ride his bike?
2. What complimentary phrases does Paddy's da say often to the boys when they do something he's proud of?
3. How many dogs are in Barrytown?
4. Which new student in Paddy's class does Paddy decide to fight?
5. What doesn't Paddy have at home that he is afraid to confess to his classmates and teacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once children start moving into the corporation houses, Paddy and his friends immediately hate them. Paddy begins to grow fond of Charles, however. How does Paddy begin to change once he starts hanging out with Charles more frequently?
Essay Topic 2
A major plot point in the story is Paddy's parents' relationship. What is their relationship like and how does it affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
The novel is written without chapters. As a reader, is it easier to predict what will happen next in a novel if there are chapters? Use class discussion to help support your answer.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)