|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One day Paddy is playing with his cars in the hallway when he hears a distinct sound for the first time. What is the sound?
2. What country does Paddy want to visit when he grows up?
3. What name does Paddy call the man who lives in the fields in Barrytown?
4. What nearby neighborhood do the boys travel to in order to get lost?
5. What word does Paddy repeat to himself over and over when his parents are fighting?
Essay Topic 1
How does Paddy wanting to run away become a central plot element? How does Paddy prepare to run away and are there any holes in his plan? Use details from the class discussion and text to help support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the important places where Paddy and his friends spend their time? How do the boys spend their time at these places? Are the places safe? Are the boys' activities safe?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Paddy's relationship with his da. Do they have a good relationship? Why or why not? How does Paddy's relationship with his da compare to the relationship Liam/Aidan have with their da? What similarities do Paddy and his da share?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)