|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the boys try to hurt by making a voodoo doll?
2. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
3. What room in Paddy's house does Paddy question his ma about?
4. What relation does Paddy claim to the child who drowned in the pond?
5. After Paddy falls asleep in class, what food item does Paddy offer Sinbad?
Essay Topic 1
Using details and elements discussed in the class and in the text, describe how abuse was a central part of the plot. Is there only one abuser? How does abuse affect the relationships between the characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Paddy's relationship with his brother, Sinbad. How does Paddy treat Sinbad throughout the story? How does the way Paddy treats Sinbad affect Sinbad?
Essay Topic 3
Using details from the text and class discussions, compare and contrast how Sinbad and Paddy respond to their parents' fighting.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)