|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who scores a goal in the European Cup Final that causes Paddy to run around his house twice?
2. On what day of the week does Paddy's da bring home food?
3. Who hides in the object under Paddy's parents' bed?
4. What place does Paddy come in the 100-yard race during field day at his school?
5. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
2. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
3. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
4. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
5. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
6. How does Paddy keep himself awake throughout the night?
7. Why doesn't Paddy want to visit the zoo again?
8. How does Paddy feel about Americans fighting guerrillas?
9. Why does Paddy begin staying awake all night?
10. When Sinbad and Paddy are talking one night in bed, how does Sinbad respond to Paddy's claims that their parents are fighting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of Paddy's fears? How does fear play a central role in the novel? Are Paddy's fears substantial or just trivial?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Paddy's relationship with his da. Do they have a good relationship? Why or why not? How does Paddy's relationship with his da compare to the relationship Liam/Aidan have with their da? What similarities do Paddy and his da share?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Paddy's relationship with his ma. Do they have a good relationship? Why/Why not? Why does Paddy feel that his ma is the best ma in the neighborhood?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)