Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paddy want to be with after he falls asleep in class?
2. What country does one of Paddy's uncles move to?
3. How does Paddy feel after he and Kevin kick Ian's dog?
4. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
5. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
Essay Topic 1
10-year-old Paddy has amazing insights regarding his parents' various behaviors and mannerisms. Using details from the text, describe some of the behaviorisms that Paddy noted about his ma and da. Are there any other characters that Paddy picked up the mannerisms of?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story Paddy often tells lies. What are some of the lies Paddy tells? Later in the story Paddy explains why he lies. Using details from the text and classroom discussion, explain why Paddy likes to make up stories that are not true.
Essay Topic 3
Paddy changes throughout the story. In what ways does Paddy change? Does his change represent the elements in his life that he has no control over or is his change typical child development?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)