|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy?
2. One day Paddy is playing with his cars in the hallway when he hears a distinct sound for the first time. What is the sound?
3. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
4. Why do the boys steal from Cyril the butcher?
5. What is Ian's dog's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. On several occasions, Sinbad and Paddy ask their parents for a dog. Describe the conversation that finally leads them to stop asking for a dog.
2. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
3. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
4. How does Paddy keep himself awake throughout the night?
5. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
6. What errand must Paddy run for Mr. Hennessey and what does Paddy do with his reward?
7. How does Sinbad react when Paddy offers Sinbad an item of food the day Paddy falls asleep in class?
8. What lies does Paddy tell Kevin when the two boys are talking about their parents fighting?
9. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
10. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy and what happens after Sinbad commits the crime?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Paddy's relationship with his da. Do they have a good relationship? Why or why not? How does Paddy's relationship with his da compare to the relationship Liam/Aidan have with their da? What similarities do Paddy and his da share?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Paddy's relationship with his ma. Do they have a good relationship? Why/Why not? Why does Paddy feel that his ma is the best ma in the neighborhood?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Paddy's relationship with his friends. Do they have a solid relationship? Use details from class discussion and the text to support your answers.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)