|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which writer of the Irish Proclamation of Independence does Paddy say is his grandfather?
2. What does Paddy call a flashlight?
3. What Native American weapon does Paddy make?
4. What does Paddy use to choke Brian Sheridan with while the boys are waiting to have their marks checked?
5. What marks are the school officials checking for one day at Paddy's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Paddy and his father go to the library?
2. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy's fort under the table is an indication that Paddy still wants to be a child.
3. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
4. Paddy states in the novel that the story of Father Damien was the best story Paddy ever read. Why does Paddy enjoy this story?
5. When does Paddy's da usually teach Paddy new songs and what are some of the songs Paddy's father taught him?
6. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
7. What happens to Kevin's brother when he gets into big trouble?
8. Paddy and his friends became the Vigour Tribe for a day. What were some of the acts committed by the Vigour Tribe?
9. How does Paddy react when he is stung by a jellyfish?
10. Using details from the text, describe what it was like taking a family photo in the Clarke household.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Paddy's relationship with his da. Do they have a good relationship? Why or why not? How does Paddy's relationship with his da compare to the relationship Liam/Aidan have with their da? What similarities do Paddy and his da share?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Paddy's relationship with his brother, Sinbad. How does Paddy treat Sinbad throughout the story? How does the way Paddy treats Sinbad affect Sinbad?
Essay Topic 3
Once children start moving into the corporation houses, Paddy and his friends immediately hate them. Paddy begins to grow fond of Charles, however. How does Paddy begin to change once he starts hanging out with Charles more frequently?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)