Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical activity that the boys at Paddy's school use to hurt each other is banned by the headmaster?
2. Who does Paddy's da blame when the Clarke family's drain gets blocked once?
3. What does Paddy's mother put on the sting that Paddy received while he was swimming?
4. Where does Paddy sometimes sit for hours?
5. What item does Paddy's father own that is in a red box?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paddy feel about Americans fighting guerrillas?
2. What happens to Paddy one day after they watch a Three Stooges movie at school?
3. What errand must Paddy run for Mr. Hennessey and what does Paddy do with his reward?
4. On some Fridays, Paddy's school would show a movie for the end of the day. What usually happened when the movies were shown?
5. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
6. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
7. Paddy states in the novel that the story of Father Damien was the best story Paddy ever read. Why does Paddy enjoy this story?
8. How could Paddy tell that his da is drunk?
9. Describe what happens when Paddy discovers a signature in a book given to him by his father.
10. What are some of the random facts that Paddy tells the reader he learned from reading?
10-year-old Paddy has amazing insights regarding his parents' various behaviors and mannerisms. Using details from the text, describe some of the behaviorisms that Paddy noted about his ma and da. Are there any other characters that Paddy picked up the mannerisms of?
Growing up, Paddy can often hear his parents fighting. At first the fights are few and far between, but as the novel progress the fights become more frequent and violent. Describe how Paddy tries to stop the fighting and why Paddy is conflicted by the fights.
Describe Paddy's relationship with his ma. Do they have a good relationship? Why/Why not? Why does Paddy feel that his ma is the best ma in the neighborhood?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)