|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inanimate object does Paddy feel that Sinbad is?
(a) A statue.
(b) A pillar.
(c) A table.
(d) A chair.
2. Which classmate does Paddy want to impress?
3. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy?
(a) Lighting a fire.
(b) Putting sugar in a gas tank.
(c) Breaking a window.
(d) Stealing from a store.
4. What relation does Paddy claim to the child who drowned in the pond?
(a) They're half-brothers.
(b) They're cousins.
(c) Paddy claims no relation.
(d) They're step-cousins.
5. One day Paddy is playing with his cars in the hallway when he hears a distinct sound for the first time. What is the sound?
(a) A car horn.
(b) A mouse in the toilet.
(c) Sinbad crying.
(d) His da smacking his ma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Paddy repeat to himself over and over when his parents are fighting?
2. What time does Mr. Hennessey tell Paddy he needs to be in bed by?
3. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
4. Where does Paddy want to runaway to?
5. What part of his foot does Paddy injure while playing in the dump area?
Short Essay Questions
1. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
2. How do Paddy and his friends react when one of their friends gets stuck in a trench and begins to sink?
3. Why does Paddy begin staying awake all night?
4. How does Paddy feel about Americans fighting guerrillas?
5. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
6. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
7. Using details from the text, describe Paddy and his ma's discussion about an unused room in their house.
8. Describe what happens when Paddy discovers a signature in a book given to him by his father.
9. What lies does Paddy tell Kevin when the two boys are talking about their parents fighting?
10. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)