|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paddy like his eggs?
(b) Sunnyside up.
2. Why is Paddy allowed to leave school early one Friday afternoon?
(a) Paddy wanted to make sure his parents weren't fighting.
(b) Paddy fell asleep at school.
(c) Paddy made no mistakes that week in school.
(d) Paddy skipped school.
3. What inanimate object does Paddy feel that Sinbad is?
(a) A table.
(b) A pillar.
(c) A statue.
(d) A chair.
4. Why do the boys steal from Cyril the butcher?
(a) For the fun of it.
(b) To save Ian's guinea pig.
(c) To have a picnic.
(d) To stab one of the corporation children.
5. What animals does Paddy think that the Americans are fighting in Vietnam?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
2. Who does Paddy want to be with after he falls asleep in class?
3. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
4. How many days a week is Paddy responsible for washing the dishes?
5. What room in Paddy's house does Paddy question his ma about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paddy begin staying awake all night?
2. How do Paddy and his friends react when one of their friends gets stuck in a trench and begins to sink?
3. How does Paddy feel about Americans fighting guerrillas?
4. Why doesn't Paddy want to visit the zoo again?
5. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
6. On several occasions, Sinbad and Paddy ask their parents for a dog. Describe the conversation that finally leads them to stop asking for a dog.
7. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
8. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
9. Describe what happens when Paddy discovers a signature in a book given to him by his father.
10. How does Paddy keep himself awake throughout the night?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)