|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cousins does Paddy have in America?
2. What are the two new students' names that are placed in Paddy's class during his second year with Mr. Hennessey?
(a) Sam Youths and Curtis Haywood.
(b) Charles Leavy and Sean Whelan.
(c) Amy O'Harra and Sarah James.
(d) No new students were added to the class.
3. What is under Paddy and Sinbad's parents' bed?
(a) A huge trunk filled with pictures.
(b) A hideaway bed.
(c) A large brown suitcase.
(d) A mouse.
4. What two new students are placed in Paddy's class during his second year in Mr. Hennessey's classroom?
(a) Two girls from the corporation houses.
(b) No new students were placed in the class.
(c) Two new students from Barrytown Road.
(d) Two boys from the corporation houses.
5. When Paddy offers Sinbad the food and Sinbad continues to ignore Paddy, what does Paddy do?
(a) Hugs Sinbad.
(b) Pushes Sinbad to the floor.
(c) Dead-legs Sinbad.
(d) Smacks Sinbad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Paddy hit Sinbad anymore after the food offering went awry?
2. After Paddy falls asleep in class, what food item does Paddy offer Sinbad?
3. What do Paddy and his friends steal from a store in Raheny?
4. Paddy and his friends think the rooster is what type of chicken?
5. Who does Paddy want to be with after he falls asleep in class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy and what happens after Sinbad commits the crime?
2. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
3. How does Paddy keep himself awake throughout the night?
4. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
5. How do Paddy and his friends react when one of their friends gets stuck in a trench and begins to sink?
6. Describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin try to look at Ian's dog's docked tail.
7. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
8. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
9. Describe what happens when Paddy discovers a signature in a book given to him by his father.
10. How does Paddy feel about Americans fighting guerrillas?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)