|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Paddy have at home that he is afraid to confess to his classmates and teacher?
(a) A television.
(b) A ma.
(c) A car.
(d) A phone.
2. What is one of the requirements that Paddy felt was necessary in order to remain best friends with Kevin?
(a) Be friends with a lot of other people.
(b) Start a lot of fire.
(c) Curse a lot.
(d) Hate a lot of other people.
3. How many Patricks are in Paddy's class at school?
4. Why couldn't Paddy hit Sinbad anymore after the food offering went awry?
(a) Paddy thought someone was watching.
(b) Paddy didn't care.
(c) Paddy promised Sinbad he would not hit him anymore.
(d) Paddy loved Sinbad.
5. What part of his foot does Paddy injure while playing in the dump area?
(a) His little toe.
(b) His big toe.
(c) His sole.
(d) His heel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is under Paddy and Sinbad's parents' bed?
2. Why does Paddy fear he'll have to run away from home?
3. What animals does Paddy think that the Americans are fighting in Vietnam?
4. What two new students are placed in Paddy's class during his second year in Mr. Hennessey's classroom?
5. What are the two new students' names that are placed in Paddy's class during his second year with Mr. Hennessey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paddy begin staying awake all night?
2. How do Paddy and his friends react when one of their friends gets stuck in a trench and begins to sink?
3. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
4. What is causing the boys' play territory to become smaller?
5. Describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin try to look at Ian's dog's docked tail.
6. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
7. What errand must Paddy run for Mr. Hennessey and what does Paddy do with his reward?
8. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy and what happens after Sinbad commits the crime?
9. Describe what happens when the two new students are added to Paddy's class in his second year with Mr. Hennessey.
10. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)