|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which child drowns in a pond?
(a) No one.
(b) Keith Simpson.
(c) Kevin Conray.
(d) James O'Keefe.
2. How much money does Sinbad receive on Sundays?
3. How much money does Paddy receive on Sundays?
4. Which of his friends does Paddy ask if their parents fight?
5. After Paddy falls asleep in class, what food item does Paddy offer Sinbad?
(b) A ham sandwich.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) A biscuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ian's dog's name?
2. What happens to Paddy and Sinbad for stealing?
3. How many Patricks are in Paddy's class at school?
4. What truth does Sinbad always deny, even when Paddy tells him repeatedly that it is the truth?
5. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy and what happens after Sinbad commits the crime?
2. How does Sinbad react when Paddy offers Sinbad an item of food the day Paddy falls asleep in class?
3. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
4. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
5. Describe what happens when Paddy discovers a signature in a book given to him by his father.
6. On several occasions, Sinbad and Paddy ask their parents for a dog. Describe the conversation that finally leads them to stop asking for a dog.
7. How does Paddy learn to ride his bike?
8. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
9. Describe what happens when the two new students are added to Paddy's class in his second year with Mr. Hennessey.
10. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)