|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Paddy and Sinbad have a dog?
(a) Da's asthma.
(b) Catherine's asthma.
(c) Ma's asthma.
(d) Deirdre's asthma.
2. What do Paddy and his friends steal from a store in Raheny?
(b) Army men.
3. What are the two new students' names that are placed in Paddy's class during his second year with Mr. Hennessey?
(a) Charles Leavy and Sean Whelan.
(b) No new students were added to the class.
(c) Amy O'Harra and Sarah James.
(d) Sam Youths and Curtis Haywood.
4. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
(a) Paddy's bed.
(b) The nightlight.
(c) Sinbad's bed.
(d) Sinbad's teddy bear.
5. How much money does Sinbad receive on Sundays?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paddy want to runaway to?
2. How does Paddy know when his da is going to call someone a 'bloody eejit' when he's watching the news?
3. One day the boys are playing in a dump area. What does Paddy step on?
4. What item does Paddy's da give Paddy for his birthday?
5. Why does Paddy feel like their da won the first fight Paddy ever listened to his parents have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paddy feel about Americans fighting guerrillas?
2. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
3. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
4. What lies does Paddy tell Kevin when the two boys are talking about their parents fighting?
5. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
6. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
7. How does Paddy keep himself awake throughout the night?
8. Why doesn't Paddy want to visit the zoo again?
9. On several occasions, Sinbad and Paddy ask their parents for a dog. Describe the conversation that finally leads them to stop asking for a dog.
10. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)