|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Mr. Hennessey tell Paddy he needs to be in bed by?
2. What name does Paddy call the man who lives in the fields in Barrytown?
(a) Martin Conray.
(b) Weirdy Fella.
(c) Mary Rickards.
(d) Uncle Eddie.
3. How does Paddy like his eggs?
(c) Sunnyside up.
4. Which new student in Paddy's class does Paddy decide to fight?
(a) Amy O'Harra.
(b) Charles Leavy.
(c) Curtis Haywood.
(d) Sean Whelan.
5. Where does Paddy want to runaway to?
(c) One of the Irish islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relation does Paddy claim to the child who drowned in the pond?
2. One day Paddy is playing with his cars in the hallway when he hears a distinct sound for the first time. What is the sound?
3. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
4. When Paddy offers Sinbad the food and Sinbad continues to ignore Paddy, what does Paddy do?
5. Who hides in the object under Paddy's parents' bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Paddy discovers a signature in a book given to him by his father.
2. How do Paddy and his friends react when one of their friends gets stuck in a trench and begins to sink?
3. Why does Paddy begin staying awake all night?
4. Using details from the text, describe Paddy and his ma's discussion about an unused room in their house.
5. What is causing the boys' play territory to become smaller?
6. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
7. What errand must Paddy run for Mr. Hennessey and what does Paddy do with his reward?
8. How does Paddy feel about Americans fighting guerrillas?
9. When Sinbad and Paddy are talking one night in bed, how does Sinbad respond to Paddy's claims that their parents are fighting?
10. On several occasions, Sinbad and Paddy ask their parents for a dog. Describe the conversation that finally leads them to stop asking for a dog.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)