|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week does Paddy's da bring home food?
2. What is under Paddy and Sinbad's parents' bed?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A large brown suitcase.
(c) A hideaway bed.
(d) A huge trunk filled with pictures.
3. What mode of transportation becomes important to Paddy and his friends as they grow older?
(a) Public transportation.
4. What place does Paddy come in the 100-yard race during field day at his school?
5. Why do the boys steal from Cyril the butcher?
(a) To have a picnic.
(b) To save Ian's guinea pig.
(c) For the fun of it.
(d) To stab one of the corporation children.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
2. Who scores a goal in the European Cup Final that causes Paddy to run around his house twice?
3. Why doesn't Paddy find giving dead legs funny anymore?
4. What kind of fish does Paddy's ma say is in fish fingers?
5. What happens to Paddy and Sinbad for stealing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paddy feel about Americans fighting guerrillas?
2. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
3. Why does Paddy begin staying awake all night?
4. What is causing the boys' play territory to become smaller?
5. How does Paddy keep himself awake throughout the night?
6. What lies does Paddy tell Kevin when the two boys are talking about their parents fighting?
7. Describe what happens when Paddy discovers a signature in a book given to him by his father.
8. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
9. What errand must Paddy run for Mr. Hennessey and what does Paddy do with his reward?
10. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)