|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Paddy falls asleep in class, what food item does Paddy offer Sinbad?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) A ham sandwich.
(d) A biscuit.
2. Which classmate does Paddy want to impress?
3. What color is Paddy's bike?
4. How many Patricks are in Paddy's class at school?
5. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
(a) He rubbed his eyes until they turned red.
(b) He's not getting enough sleep.
(c) He got poked in the eyes.
(d) He had allergies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two new students are placed in Paddy's class during his second year in Mr. Hennessey's classroom?
2. What animals does Paddy think that the Americans are fighting in Vietnam?
3. What is under Paddy and Sinbad's parents' bed?
4. What truth does Sinbad always deny, even when Paddy tells him repeatedly that it is the truth?
5. What does Paddy wake up to one morning that throws off his routine for the entire day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Paddy want to visit the zoo again?
2. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
3. Describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin try to look at Ian's dog's docked tail.
4. Describe what happens when Paddy discovers a signature in a book given to him by his father.
5. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
6. How does Paddy feel about Americans fighting guerrillas?
7. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
8. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
9. Using details from the text, describe Paddy and his ma's discussion about an unused room in their house.
10. When Sinbad and Paddy are talking one night in bed, how does Sinbad respond to Paddy's claims that their parents are fighting?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)