|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complimentary phrases does Paddy's da say often to the boys when they do something he's proud of?
(a) Way to go.
(b) Good man.
(d) I'm proud of you.
2. What do Paddy and his friends steal from a store in Raheny?
(c) Army men.
3. Who does Paddy want to be with after he falls asleep in class?
(a) His ma.
(b) His da.
4. Which child drowns in a pond?
(a) James O'Keefe.
(b) No one.
(c) Keith Simpson.
(d) Kevin Conray.
5. How many days a week is Paddy responsible for washing the dishes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy wake up to one morning that throws off his routine for the entire day?
2. Why couldn't Paddy hit Sinbad anymore after the food offering went awry?
3. What time does Mr. Hennessey tell Paddy he needs to be in bed by?
4. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
5. What happens to Paddy and Sinbad for stealing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
2. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
3. Using details from the text, describe Paddy and his ma's discussion about an unused room in their house.
4. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
5. Describe what happens when the two new students are added to Paddy's class in his second year with Mr. Hennessey.
6. Describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin try to look at Ian's dog's docked tail.
7. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
8. How does Paddy keep himself awake throughout the night?
9. How does Sinbad react when Paddy offers Sinbad an item of food the day Paddy falls asleep in class?
10. Why doesn't Paddy want to visit the zoo again?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)