|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inanimate object does Paddy feel that Sinbad is?
(a) A chair.
(b) A table.
(c) A pillar.
(d) A statue.
2. What do Paddy and his friends steal from a store in Raheny?
(c) Army men.
3. How many Patricks are in Paddy's class at school?
4. What complimentary phrases does Paddy's da say often to the boys when they do something he's proud of?
(a) I'm proud of you.
(b) Good man.
(c) Way to go.
5. What truth does Sinbad always deny, even when Paddy tells him repeatedly that it is the truth?
(a) That Paddy loves him.
(b) That their da is a drunk.
(c) That their parents fight.
(d) That Sinbad is the oldest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cousins does Paddy have in America?
2. Why does Paddy feel like their da won the first fight Paddy ever listened to his parents have?
3. What type of dog does Ian have?
4. Which classmate does Paddy want to impress?
5. How many dogs are in Barrytown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Paddy want to visit the zoo again?
2. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
3. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
4. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
5. How do Paddy and his friends react when one of their friends gets stuck in a trench and begins to sink?
6. Describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin try to look at Ian's dog's docked tail.
7. How does Paddy learn to ride his bike?
8. When Sinbad and Paddy are talking one night in bed, how does Sinbad respond to Paddy's claims that their parents are fighting?
9. How does Sinbad react when Paddy offers Sinbad an item of food the day Paddy falls asleep in class?
10. What lies does Paddy tell Kevin when the two boys are talking about their parents fighting?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)