|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy wake up to one morning that throws off his routine for the entire day?
(a) A fight between his parents.
(b) A dirty house.
(c) His parents aren't home.
(d) His baby sister is crying.
2. What two new students are placed in Paddy's class during his second year in Mr. Hennessey's classroom?
(a) Two girls from the corporation houses.
(b) No new students were placed in the class.
(c) Two boys from the corporation houses.
(d) Two new students from Barrytown Road.
3. What time does Mr. Hennessey tell Paddy he needs to be in bed by?
4. How does Paddy know when his da is going to call someone a 'bloody eejit' when he's watching the news?
(a) The chair creaks.
(b) He cracks his knuckles.
(c) He clears his throat.
(d) He smacks the arm of the chair.
5. When Paddy offers Sinbad the food and Sinbad continues to ignore Paddy, what does Paddy do?
(a) Smacks Sinbad.
(b) Dead-legs Sinbad.
(c) Pushes Sinbad to the floor.
(d) Hugs Sinbad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy?
2. Which new student in Paddy's class does Paddy decide to fight?
3. What happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night?
4. How does Paddy like his eggs?
5. What name does Paddy call the man who lives in the fields in Barrytown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy and what happens after Sinbad commits the crime?
2. When Sinbad and Paddy are talking one night in bed, how does Sinbad respond to Paddy's claims that their parents are fighting?
3. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
4. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
5. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
6. How does Paddy feel about Americans fighting guerrillas?
7. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
8. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
9. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
10. What is causing the boys' play territory to become smaller?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)