|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day the boys are playing in a dump area. What does Paddy step on?
(a) A scaffolding joint.
(b) A screw.
(c) A nail.
(d) Some glass.
2. What is Ian's dog's name?
(c) Ian Jr.
3. How does Paddy like his eggs?
(b) Sunnyside up.
4. Who do the boys try to hurt by making a voodoo doll?
(a) Kevin's parents.
(b) Ian's parents.
(c) Edward Swanwick.
(d) Paddy's parents.
5. What time does Mr. Hennessey tell Paddy he needs to be in bed by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two new students are placed in Paddy's class during his second year in Mr. Hennessey's classroom?
2. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
3. What color is Paddy's bike?
4. What place does Paddy come in the 100-yard race during field day at his school?
5. What mode of transportation becomes important to Paddy and his friends as they grow older?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paddy learn to ride his bike?
2. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
3. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy and what happens after Sinbad commits the crime?
4. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
5. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
6. How does Sinbad react when Paddy offers Sinbad an item of food the day Paddy falls asleep in class?
7. Describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin try to look at Ian's dog's docked tail.
8. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
9. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
10. What errand must Paddy run for Mr. Hennessey and what does Paddy do with his reward?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)