|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Paddy's bike?
2. Why do the boys steal from Cyril the butcher?
(a) To stab one of the corporation children.
(b) To have a picnic.
(c) To save Ian's guinea pig.
(d) For the fun of it.
3. What name does Paddy call the man who lives in the fields in Barrytown?
(a) Weirdy Fella.
(b) Mary Rickards.
(c) Uncle Eddie.
(d) Martin Conray.
4. How much money does Sinbad receive on Sundays?
5. How many dogs in the town have their tails docked?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hides in the object under Paddy's parents' bed?
2. Which classmate does Paddy want to impress?
3. On what day of the week does Paddy's da bring home food?
4. Where does Paddy want to runaway to?
5. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lies does Paddy tell Kevin when the two boys are talking about their parents fighting?
2. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
3. Why doesn't Paddy want to visit the zoo again?
4. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
5. Describe what happens when the two new students are added to Paddy's class in his second year with Mr. Hennessey.
6. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
7. How do Paddy and his friends react when one of their friends gets stuck in a trench and begins to sink?
8. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
9. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
10. How does Paddy learn to ride his bike?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)