|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which new student in Paddy's class does Paddy decide to fight?
(a) Curtis Haywood.
(b) Sean Whelan.
(c) Amy O'Harra.
(d) Charles Leavy.
2. One day Paddy is playing with his cars in the hallway when he hears a distinct sound for the first time. What is the sound?
(a) A car horn.
(b) His da smacking his ma.
(c) A mouse in the toilet.
(d) Sinbad crying.
3. How does Paddy like his eggs?
(b) Sunnyside up.
4. Who hides in the object under Paddy's parents' bed?
5. What room in Paddy's house does Paddy question his ma about?
(a) The Kitchen.
(b) The Drawing Room.
(c) The Living Room.
(d) The TV Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
2. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
3. What complimentary phrases does Paddy's da say often to the boys when they do something he's proud of?
4. One day the boys are playing in a dump area. What does Paddy step on?
5. Who teaches Paddy to ride his bike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What errand must Paddy run for Mr. Hennessey and what does Paddy do with his reward?
2. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
3. How does Paddy keep himself awake throughout the night?
4. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
5. Using details from the text, describe Paddy and his ma's discussion about an unused room in their house.
6. When Sinbad and Paddy are talking one night in bed, how does Sinbad respond to Paddy's claims that their parents are fighting?
7. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
8. How does Paddy learn to ride his bike?
9. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
10. Describe what happens when Paddy discovers a signature in a book given to him by his father.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)