|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
(a) Paddy's bed.
(b) Sinbad's teddy bear.
(c) The nightlight.
(d) Sinbad's bed.
2. How many dogs are in Barrytown?
3. Which of his friends does Paddy ask if their parents fight?
4. How many days a week is Paddy responsible for washing the dishes?
5. What do Paddy and his friends steal from Cyril the butcher?
(b) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hides in the object under Paddy's parents' bed?
2. What place does Paddy come in the 100-yard race during field day at his school?
3. How many Patricks are in Paddy's class at school?
4. What doesn't Paddy have at home that he is afraid to confess to his classmates and teacher?
5. Why is Paddy allowed to leave school early one Friday afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
2. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy and what happens after Sinbad commits the crime?
3. How does Paddy keep himself awake throughout the night?
4. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
5. What is causing the boys' play territory to become smaller?
6. How does Sinbad react when Paddy offers Sinbad an item of food the day Paddy falls asleep in class?
7. Describe what happens when the two new students are added to Paddy's class in his second year with Mr. Hennessey.
8. Why doesn't Paddy want to visit the zoo again?
9. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
10. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)