|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy?
(a) Stealing from a store.
(b) Lighting a fire.
(c) Breaking a window.
(d) Putting sugar in a gas tank.
2. How many Patricks are in Paddy's class at school?
3. Who teaches Paddy to ride his bike?
(a) His ma.
(b) His da.
(d) No one.
4. One day the boys are playing in a dump area. What does Paddy step on?
(a) A nail.
(b) A screw.
(c) A scaffolding joint.
(d) Some glass.
5. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Sinbad receive on Sundays?
2. Why can't Paddy and Sinbad have a dog?
3. What is under Paddy and Sinbad's parents' bed?
4. How does Paddy know that Sinbad is not sleeping one night when Paddy tries to talk to Sinbad?
5. What color is Paddy's bike?
Short Essay Questions
1. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
2. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy and what happens after Sinbad commits the crime?
3. On several occasions, Sinbad and Paddy ask their parents for a dog. Describe the conversation that finally leads them to stop asking for a dog.
4. Describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin try to look at Ian's dog's docked tail.
5. Using details from the text, describe Paddy and his ma's discussion about an unused room in their house.
6. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
7. How does Paddy keep himself awake throughout the night?
8. What errand must Paddy run for Mr. Hennessey and what does Paddy do with his reward?
9. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
10. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)