|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the boys steal from Cyril the butcher?
(a) To save Ian's guinea pig.
(b) For the fun of it.
(c) To stab one of the corporation children.
(d) To have a picnic.
2. On what day of the week does Paddy's da bring home food?
3. What place does Paddy come in the 100-yard race during field day at his school?
4. How much money does Paddy receive on Sundays?
5. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
(a) He got poked in the eyes.
(b) He had allergies.
(c) He's not getting enough sleep.
(d) He rubbed his eyes until they turned red.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paddy fear he'll have to run away from home?
2. What are the two new students' names that are placed in Paddy's class during his second year with Mr. Hennessey?
3. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
4. What part of his foot does Paddy injure while playing in the dump area?
5. Why is Paddy allowed to leave school early one Friday afternoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paddy keep himself awake throughout the night?
2. When Sinbad and Paddy are talking one night in bed, how does Sinbad respond to Paddy's claims that their parents are fighting?
3. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
4. What steps does Paddy take to prevent his parents' fighting?
5. How does Sinbad react when Paddy offers Sinbad an item of food the day Paddy falls asleep in class?
6. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
7. Using details from the text, describe what happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night.
8. On several occasions, Sinbad and Paddy ask their parents for a dog. Describe the conversation that finally leads them to stop asking for a dog.
9. What is causing the boys' play territory to become smaller?
10. How does Paddy learn to ride his bike?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)