|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns a farm that Paddy and his friends enjoy playing in?
(a) The corporation.
(b) The Donnellys.
(c) No one.
(d) The Parkers.
2. What does Paddy light between Sinbad's lips?
(a) A cigar.
(b) Lighter fluid.
(d) A candle.
3. What clothes line article do Paddy and his friends shove into Aidan's face?
(a) A bra.
(b) A diaper.
4. What does Paddy do after he is stung when he was swimming to get more attention from his ma?
(a) He squeezes the sting mark.
(b) He burns the sting mark with a lighter.
(c) He never got stung.
(d) He stabs himself with a pencil.
5. In what era is the novel taking place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paddy light Sinbad's lips on fire?
2. What item does Paddy's father own that is in a red box?
3. What does Paddy's ma find running around in their toilet bowl?
4. What illness does Paddy's classmate David Geraghty have?
5. What does Paddy pour on a slug?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
2. How does Paddy learn to ride his bike?
3. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
4. Describe the scene that ensues after the first two boys leave the nurse's office after having their marks checked.
5. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy is stuck between being a child and becoming a teenager.
6. Why does Paddy pour salt on a slug and what happens after he pours the salt?
7. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
8. How do Paddy and his friends react when one of their friends gets stuck in a trench and begins to sink?
9. Paddy knows that his family may soon be split up. What happened to the other families in Barrytown that had divorced parents?
10. Describe what happens when Paddy discovers a signature in a book given to him by his father.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)