|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of biscuits do Paddy and Sinbad eat at the picnic?
2. In whose shop do Paddy and his friends show their V's?
(a) No one's.
3. What does Paddy read that causes him to fear World War III?
(a) A note from a friend.
(b) A newspaper headline.
(d) A textbook at school.
4. Who is Paddy's favorite renegade Native American?
(b) No one.
5. How does Paddy's ma fasten Paddy's trousers when she cannot zip them?
(a) She uses a belt to hold the sides together.
(b) By using elastic.
(c) With a safety pin.
(d) By sewing the sides together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the record number of pages that Paddy's ma read in one night?
2. What do the boys steal from a building site at the start of the novel?
3. What group of priests does Joseph join?
4. What marks are the school officials checking for one day at Paddy's school?
5. Where do the gang of boys like to light fires?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sinbad and Paddy are talking one night in bed, how does Sinbad respond to Paddy's claims that their parents are fighting?
2. Explain why the boys felt that the dogs had their tails docked. What is Sinbad's opinion regarding the matter?
3. Using details from the text, describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin enter the nurse's office to have their marks checked.
4. Describe some of the acts that Paddy and his friends committed that shows they were the town's troublemakers.
5. When does Paddy's da usually teach Paddy new songs and what are some of the songs Paddy's father taught him?
6. One day Paddy and Sinbad find an object under their parents' bed. Using details from the text, describe what they find under the bed and what happens thereafter.
7. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
8. After Paddy's father comes home drunk, what differences does Paddy note about his parents?
9. What happens between Kevin and Paddy when Paddy and Kevin have a fist fight after school?
10. Late in the story, how does Paddy react when Sinbad does not do what Paddy wants?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)