|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls asleep one day when Mr. Hennessey tells the class to lay their heads down so he can talk to another teacher?
(a) Ian McEvoy.
(b) James O'Keefe.
(c) Kevin Conroy.
(d) Patrick Clarke.
2. How old is Paddy's da in the novel?
3. Where is Paddy's usual seat in the class after the spelling test on Fridays?
(a) Along the windows.
(b) In the back by the coats.
(c) At the front of the class.
(d) In the middle somewhere.
4. Who owns a farm that Paddy and his friends enjoy playing in?
(a) No one.
(b) The Parkers.
(c) The corporation.
(d) The Donnellys.
5. Who is always the high priest Zentoga when the boys have a naming ritual on Fridays?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Paddy is stung while he is swimming, who does his mother offer to call?
2. In what construction material do Paddy and his friends sometimes play?
3. One day Mr. Hennessey reads a story in class. What word from the story baffles Paddy and his friends?
4. In what town do the boys live?
5. What does Paddy use to choke Brian Sheridan with while the boys are waiting to have their marks checked?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paddy react when he is stung by a jellyfish?
2. What happens to Paddy one day after they watch a Three Stooges movie at school?
3. Describe the scene that ensues after the first two boys leave the nurse's office after having their marks checked.
4. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
5. What happens when Paddy and his father go to the library?
6. What are some of the rumors Paddy and his friends heard about the death of Sean Rickard? What actually killed Sean?
7. What happens to Kevin's brother when he gets into big trouble?
8. Describe Paddy's relationship with his two sisters, Catherine and Deirdre.
9. Describe Paddy's relationship with his ma.
10. Paddy and his family go on a picnic. Describe how the picnic went and the general atmosphere of the picnic from Paddy's point-of-view.
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)