|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal element do Paddy and his da have in common?
(a) Their height.
(b) Their weight.
(c) Their personalities.
(d) Their name.
2. How does Paddy's ma fasten Paddy's trousers when she cannot zip them?
(a) She uses a belt to hold the sides together.
(b) By using elastic.
(c) By sewing the sides together.
(d) With a safety pin.
3. Who is Paddy's favorite American pioneer?
(a) Annie Oakley.
(b) No one.
(c) Daniel Boone.
(d) Johnny Appleseed.
4. Where does Paddy light Sinbad's lips on fire?
(a) The school shed.
(c) The pipes.
(d) At home.
5. What does Paddy's ma find running around in their toilet bowl?
(b) A cockroach.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forbids Joseph de Veuster to become a priest?
2. What item does Paddy request in a letter to Santa for Christmas?
3. What item does Paddy's father own that is in a red box?
4. Why does Paddy use a small spoon when eating ice cream?
5. What does Paddy use to choke Brian Sheridan with while the boys are waiting to have their marks checked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of the acts that Paddy and his friends committed that shows they were the town's troublemakers.
2. Paddy states in the novel that the story of Father Damien was the best story Paddy ever read. Why does Paddy enjoy this story?
3. Where does the Clarke family go for Sinbad's Holy Communion and what happens when they are there?
4. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
5. What happens when Paddy and his father go to the library?
6. Paddy and his friends became the Vigour Tribe for a day. What were some of the acts committed by the Vigour Tribe?
7. Using details from the text to support your answer, describe Mr. Hennessey, Paddy's teacher.
8. When does Paddy's da usually teach Paddy new songs and what are some of the songs Paddy's father taught him?
9. Why doesn't Paddy ever answer Kevin's questions?
10. What happens to Kevin's brother when he gets into big trouble?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)