|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose shop do Paddy and his friends show their V's?
(b) No one's.
2. Who teaches Paddy and Sinbad to make farting noises with their arms?
3. Who gets into trouble for doing the activity that is banned at Paddy's school by the headmaster?
4. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
5. Where does Paddy's da place the letter to Santa from Paddy and Sinbad?
(a) In the mail.
(c) Up the chimney.
(d) In the garbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game are Paddy and his friends playing when Liam breaks his teeth?
2. Where do Paddy and his family have a picnic shortly after they purchase their new car?
3. In what construction material do Paddy and his friends sometimes play?
4. How old is Paddy's da in the novel?
5. What marks are the school officials checking for one day at Paddy's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paddy pour salt on a slug and what happens after he pours the salt?
2. What are some of the rumors Paddy and his friends heard about the death of Sean Rickard? What actually killed Sean?
3. What lies does Paddy tell Kevin when the two boys are talking about their parents fighting?
4. Describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin try to look at Ian's dog's docked tail.
5. One day Paddy wakes up to find the kitchen is still a mess. How does Paddy react to the situation?
6. How does Sinbad react when Paddy offers Sinbad an item of food the day Paddy falls asleep in class?
7. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
8. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
9. Describe what happens when Miss Watkins brings in a tea-towel with the Proclamation of Independence on it into Paddy's classroom.
10. What happens when Paddy and Kevin ask Charles and Sean to play soccer?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)