|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Paddy's classmate David Geraghty have?
(b) Cerebral Palsey.
2. Who is the main character of the novel?
(b) James O'Keefe.
(c) Paddy Clarke.
(d) Sinbad Clarke.
3. What is another issue that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
(a) Paddy's school issues.
(b) Paddy's ma.
(d) Paddy's friends.
4. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
(b) Heavy rain.
5. What do the boys steal from a building site at the start of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the central character in the story that Paddy says is the best story he ever read?
2. What item does Paddy request in a letter to Santa for Christmas?
3. In what town do the boys live?
4. How old is Paddy's da in the novel?
5. What do Paddy and his friends call their teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. On some Fridays, Paddy's school would show a movie for the end of the day. What usually happened when the movies were shown?
2. How does Paddy react when he is stung by a jellyfish?
3. Describe Paddy's relationship with his two sisters, Catherine and Deirdre.
4. When does Paddy's da usually teach Paddy new songs and what are some of the songs Paddy's father taught him?
5. Using details from the text, describe what it was like taking a family photo in the Clarke household.
6. Paddy states in the novel that the story of Father Damien was the best story Paddy ever read. Why does Paddy enjoy this story?
7. What happens when Paddy and his father go to the library?
8. What happens to Kevin's brother when he gets into big trouble?
9. Why does Paddy pour salt on a slug and what happens after he pours the salt?
10. Why doesn't Paddy ever answer Kevin's questions?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)