Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical activity that the boys at Paddy's school use to hurt each other is banned by the headmaster?
(b) Dead legging.
(c) Indian burning.
2. Who does Paddy's da blame when the Clarke family's drain gets blocked once?
(a) No one.
(c) Paddy's ma.
3. What does Paddy's mother put on the sting that Paddy received while he was swimming?
(a) Meat tenderizer.
4. Where does Paddy sometimes sit for hours?
(a) On his bed.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Under the table.
(d) In the garden.
5. What item does Paddy's father own that is in a red box?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A belt.
(c) A gun.
(d) A record player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Paddy's classmate David Geraghty have?
2. Why does Paddy use a small spoon when eating ice cream?
3. What does Paddy kill with a hurley?
4. In what era is the novel taking place?
5. When Paddy is stung while he is swimming, who does his mother offer to call?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Paddy feel about Americans fighting guerrillas?
2. What happens to Paddy one day after they watch a Three Stooges movie at school?
3. What errand must Paddy run for Mr. Hennessey and what does Paddy do with his reward?
4. On some Fridays, Paddy's school would show a movie for the end of the day. What usually happened when the movies were shown?
5. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
6. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
7. Paddy states in the novel that the story of Father Damien was the best story Paddy ever read. Why does Paddy enjoy this story?
8. How could Paddy tell that his da is drunk?
9. Describe what happens when Paddy discovers a signature in a book given to him by his father.
10. What are some of the random facts that Paddy tells the reader he learned from reading?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)