|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what era is the novel taking place?
2. What type of car does Paddy's father buy?
(a) A Cavalier.
(b) A Cutlass.
(c) A Cortina.
(d) A Ranger.
3. What do the boys like to write their names in at the beginning of the novel?
(d) Wet cement.
4. In what construction material do Paddy and his friends sometimes play?
(d) Empty houses.
5. What is another issue that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
(a) Paddy's ma.
(c) Paddy's school issues.
(d) Paddy's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paddy's da place the letter to Santa from Paddy and Sinbad?
2. What chore must Paddy do every Sunday before Mass?
3. What prayer does Paddy state that he prefers over others?
4. What does Paddy do after he is stung when he was swimming to get more attention from his ma?
5. What illness does Paddy's classmate David Geraghty have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Paddy and his father go to the library?
2. After Paddy's father comes home drunk, what differences does Paddy note about his parents?
3. Describe the fight between Paddy and his new classmate.
4. Why doesn't Paddy ever answer Kevin's questions?
5. How does Paddy learn to ride his bike?
6. What happens to Kevin's brother when he gets into big trouble?
7. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy and what happens after Sinbad commits the crime?
8. How does Paddy react to Sinbad's reaction to the food offering?
9. On several occasions, Sinbad and Paddy ask their parents for a dog. Describe the conversation that finally leads them to stop asking for a dog.
10. Using details from the text, describe what it was like taking a family photo in the Clarke household.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)