|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy light between Sinbad's lips?
(a) A cigar.
(b) Lighter fluid.
(d) A candle.
2. What does Paddy kill with a hurley?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rat.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A chipmunk.
3. What color is the water bottle that Paddy receives for Christmas?
4. Who stops trimming the hedges in the fields because the hedges are going to be dug up?
(a) No one.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The corporation manager.
(d) County council.
5. What does Paddy do after he is stung when he was swimming to get more attention from his ma?
(a) He stabs himself with a pencil.
(b) He burns the sting mark with a lighter.
(c) He squeezes the sting mark.
(d) He never got stung.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paddy's favorite American pioneer?
2. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
3. What does the fella who went to Africa come back with in his stomach?
4. Where do Paddy and his family have a picnic shortly after they purchase their new car?
5. What does Paddy want his vocation to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
2. Describe what happens when Miss Watkins brings in a tea-towel with the Proclamation of Independence on it into Paddy's classroom.
3. What are some of the random facts that Paddy tells the reader he learned from reading?
4. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy is stuck between being a child and becoming a teenager.
5. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy's fort under the table is an indication that Paddy still wants to be a child.
6. Using details from the text, describe what it was like taking a family photo in the Clarke household.
7. Why doesn't Paddy ever answer Kevin's questions?
8. When does Paddy's da usually teach Paddy new songs and what are some of the songs Paddy's father taught him?
9. What happens when Paddy and his father go to the library?
10. Why does Paddy pour salt on a slug and what happens after he pours the salt?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)