|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of priests does Joseph join?
(a) The Opis Dei.
(b) The Congregation of the Blessed.
(c) The Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
2. When does Paddy's hero from his favorite story die?
(a) Ash Wednesday.
(c) Palm Sunday.
(d) Good Friday.
3. What is blocking the pipe at the Clarke house that causes the drain to become clogged?
(b) Toilet paper.
(d) A dead mouse.
4. What is the boys' favorite thing to jump when they are playing chase?
(c) Sidewalk cracks.
5. In what era is the novel taking place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy pick as his pet when he has to write about his favorite pet in a homework assignment?
2. Who gets into trouble for doing the activity that is banned at Paddy's school by the headmaster?
3. Where does the Clarke family eat their picnic meal?
4. What bread product does Paddy find the best for making "hosts"?
5. What marks are the school officials checking for one day at Paddy's school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
2. How does Paddy react when he is stung by a jellyfish?
3. Using details from the text to support your answer, describe Mr. Hennessey, Paddy's teacher.
4. What happens to Kevin's brother when he gets into big trouble?
5. Using details from the text, describe what it was like taking a family photo in the Clarke household.
6. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy's fort under the table is an indication that Paddy still wants to be a child.
7. Describe some of the acts that Paddy and his friends committed that shows they were the town's troublemakers.
8. Paddy and his friends became the Vigour Tribe for a day. What were some of the acts committed by the Vigour Tribe?
9. Describe what happens when Miss Watkins brings in a tea-towel with the Proclamation of Independence on it into Paddy's classroom.
10. Paddy states in the novel that the story of Father Damien was the best story Paddy ever read. Why does Paddy enjoy this story?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)