|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another issue that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
(b) Paddy's ma.
(c) Paddy's friends.
(d) Paddy's school issues.
2. In what town do the boys live?
3. Where does the Clarke family eat their picnic meal?
(a) In a field.
(b) On a picnic table.
(c) In the car.
(d) Under a tree.
4. What do the boys steal from a building site at the start of the novel?
5. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
(d) Heavy rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
2. Whose da 'howls at the moon'?
3. When does Paddy's hero from his favorite story die?
4. Who hides with Paddy in the pipes to try and scare their other friends?
5. What chore must Paddy do every Sunday before Mass?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the random facts that Paddy tells the reader he learned from reading?
2. How does Paddy react when he is stung by a jellyfish?
3. Paddy and his friends became the Vigour Tribe for a day. What were some of the acts committed by the Vigour Tribe?
4. Describe the scene that ensues after the first two boys leave the nurse's office after having their marks checked.
5. Describe some of the acts that Paddy and his friends committed that shows they were the town's troublemakers.
6. Describe what happens when Miss Watkins brings in a tea-towel with the Proclamation of Independence on it into Paddy's classroom.
7. What happens when Paddy and his father go to the library?
8. Using details from the text to support your answer, describe Mr. Hennessey, Paddy's teacher.
9. Describe Paddy's relationship with his two sisters, Catherine and Deirdre.
10. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)