|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clothes line article do Paddy and his friends shove into Aidan's face?
(b) A bra.
(c) A diaper.
2. On whose pillar does Kevin draw a mickey?
(a) The Sullivan's.
(b) The Kiernan's.
(c) The Clarke's.
(d) The O'Connell's.
3. What type of sandwiches does the Clarke family eat on their picnic?
(b) Chicken salad.
(c) Ham and cheese.
4. What color is the water bottle that Paddy receives for Christmas?
5. What is another issue that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
(b) Paddy's friends.
(c) Paddy's ma.
(d) Paddy's school issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Paddy's usual seat in the class after the spelling test on Fridays?
2. What group of priests does Joseph join?
3. Where does Paddy's da place the letter to Santa from Paddy and Sinbad?
4. When Paddy is swimming at the beginning of the novel, what is he stung by?
5. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Paddy ever answer Kevin's questions?
2. Describe the scene that ensues after the first two boys leave the nurse's office after having their marks checked.
3. Describe Paddy's relationship with his ma.
4. Describe Paddy's relationship with his da.
5. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
6. Using details from the text, describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin enter the nurse's office to have their marks checked.
7. Describe what happens when Miss Watkins brings in a tea-towel with the Proclamation of Independence on it into Paddy's classroom.
8. Paddy and his friends became the Vigour Tribe for a day. What were some of the acts committed by the Vigour Tribe?
9. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy's fort under the table is an indication that Paddy still wants to be a child.
10. What happens to Paddy one day after they watch a Three Stooges movie at school?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)