|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bread product does Paddy find the best for making "hosts"?
(a) Ordinary sliced bread.
(b) Vienna roll.
2. What item does Paddy request in a letter to Santa for Christmas?
(a) Magnifying glasses.
(c) Adidas football boots.
(d) A sleigh.
3. Who is Paddy's favorite American pioneer?
(a) No one.
(b) Daniel Boone.
(c) Annie Oakley.
(d) Johnny Appleseed.
4. What does Paddy want his vocation to be?
(a) Shop owner.
5. What is one of the issues that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
(a) Paddy's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hides with Paddy in the pipes to try and scare their other friends?
2. One day Mr. Hennessey reads a story in class. What word from the story baffles Paddy and his friends?
3. What do the boys steal from a building site at the start of the novel?
4. What physical activity that the boys at Paddy's school use to hurt each other is banned by the headmaster?
5. Where does the Clarke family eat their picnic meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the random facts that Paddy tells the reader he learned from reading?
2. Describe some of the acts that Paddy and his friends committed that shows they were the town's troublemakers.
3. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
4. What are some of the rumors Paddy and his friends heard about the death of Sean Rickard? What actually killed Sean?
5. Where does the Clarke family go for Sinbad's Holy Communion and what happens when they are there?
6. What happens to Kevin's brother when he gets into big trouble?
7. Why does Paddy pour salt on a slug and what happens after he pours the salt?
8. Describe Paddy's relationship with his da.
9. On some Fridays, Paddy's school would show a movie for the end of the day. What usually happened when the movies were shown?
10. Describe the scene that ensues after the first two boys leave the nurse's office after having their marks checked.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)