|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy call a flashlight?
(a) A torch.
(b) A candle.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) Magic beam.
2. What Native American weapon does Paddy make?
(a) A tomahawk.
(b) An arrow.
(c) Paddy does not make a weapon.
(d) An Apache flop-head club.
3. Who stops trimming the hedges in the fields because the hedges are going to be dug up?
(a) The mayor.
(b) No one.
(c) County council.
(d) The corporation manager.
4. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
(c) Heavy rain.
5. What does Paddy want his vocation to be?
(d) Shop owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the gang of boys like to light fires?
2. Where does the Clarke family eat their picnic meal?
3. Where does Paddy light Sinbad's lips on fire?
4. What do the V's that Paddy and his friends write on their chest with a marker stand for?
5. What game are Paddy and his friends playing when Liam breaks his teeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Miss Watkins brings in a tea-towel with the Proclamation of Independence on it into Paddy's classroom.
2. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy is stuck between being a child and becoming a teenager.
3. Describe Paddy's relationship with his da.
4. Paddy and his family go on a picnic. Describe how the picnic went and the general atmosphere of the picnic from Paddy's point-of-view.
5. What action during the family picnic causes Paddy to ruin Sinbad's biscuits? How does Paddy ruin the biscuits?
6. What happens to Kevin's brother when he gets into big trouble?
7. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
8. What happens to Paddy one day after they watch a Three Stooges movie at school?
9. When does Paddy's da usually teach Paddy new songs and what are some of the songs Paddy's father taught him?
10. Using details from the text, describe what it was like taking a family photo in the Clarke household.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)