|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets into trouble for doing the activity that is banned at Paddy's school by the headmaster?
2. What item does Paddy's father own that is in a red box?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A belt.
(c) A gun.
(d) A record player.
3. What is the name of the colony where Paddy's hero from his favorite story went?
(d) Corpus Christi.
4. What is Sinbad's actual first name?
5. Why does Paddy use a small spoon when eating ice cream?
(a) He doesn't like ice cream.
(b) His parents make him so he won't get sick.
(c) No reason.
(d) It makes the ice cream last longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does Paddy's father buy?
2. What does Paddy's mother put on the sting that Paddy received while he was swimming?
3. What type of sandwiches does the Clarke family eat on their picnic?
4. Who owns a farm that Paddy and his friends enjoy playing in?
5. What does Paddy call a flashlight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paddy's relationship with his ma.
2. Paddy and his friends became the Vigour Tribe for a day. What were some of the acts committed by the Vigour Tribe?
3. Paddy states in the novel that the story of Father Damien was the best story Paddy ever read. Why does Paddy enjoy this story?
4. What happens to Kevin's brother when he gets into big trouble?
5. Describe the scene that ensues after the first two boys leave the nurse's office after having their marks checked.
6. What happens when Paddy and his father go to the library?
7. When does Paddy's da usually teach Paddy new songs and what are some of the songs Paddy's father taught him?
8. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy's fort under the table is an indication that Paddy still wants to be a child.
9. How does Paddy react when he is stung by a jellyfish?
10. What action during the family picnic causes Paddy to ruin Sinbad's biscuits? How does Paddy ruin the biscuits?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)