|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the V's that Paddy and his friends write on their chest with a marker stand for?
2. Who is the central character in the story that Paddy says is the best story he ever read?
(a) Father John.
(b) Father Damien.
(c) Father Jospeh.
(d) Father Paul.
3. What does Paddy pour on a slug?
4. What clothes line article do Paddy and his friends shove into Aidan's face?
(b) A bra.
(c) A diaper.
5. Who stops trimming the hedges in the fields because the hedges are going to be dug up?
(a) The corporation manager.
(b) County council.
(c) No one.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what construction material do Paddy and his friends sometimes play?
2. What do the O'Connell's eat at every lunch?
3. What do Paddy and his friends call their teacher?
4. Who hides with Paddy in the pipes to try and scare their other friends?
5. What does Paddy light between Sinbad's lips?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
2. Describe Paddy's relationship with his da.
3. What happens to Paddy one day after they watch a Three Stooges movie at school?
4. What are some of the random facts that Paddy tells the reader he learned from reading?
5. Using details from the text, describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin enter the nurse's office to have their marks checked.
6. Where does the Clarke family go for Sinbad's Holy Communion and what happens when they are there?
7. Describe what happens when Miss Watkins brings in a tea-towel with the Proclamation of Independence on it into Paddy's classroom.
8. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
9. What happens when Paddy and his father go to the library?
10. Using details from the text, describe what it was like taking a family photo in the Clarke household.
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)