|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy call a flashlight?
(a) A candle.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A torch.
(d) Magic beam.
2. Which writer of the Irish Proclamation of Independence does Paddy say is his grandfather?
(a) P.H. Pearse.
(b) Thomas J. Clarke.
(c) Joseph Plunkett.
(d) Sean MacDiarmada.
3. Who gets into trouble for doing the activity that is banned at Paddy's school by the headmaster?
4. Whose questions does Paddy never rush to answer?
(b) His da's.
5. How old is Paddy's da in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy pour on a slug?
2. Where does Paddy's da place the letter to Santa from Paddy and Sinbad?
3. What is another issue that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
4. What does Paddy pick as his pet when he has to write about his favorite pet in a homework assignment?
5. What prayer does Paddy state that he prefers over others?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paddy pour salt on a slug and what happens after he pours the salt?
2. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
3. Paddy states in the novel that the story of Father Damien was the best story Paddy ever read. Why does Paddy enjoy this story?
4. Describe Paddy's relationship with his da.
5. What action during the family picnic causes Paddy to ruin Sinbad's biscuits? How does Paddy ruin the biscuits?
6. Paddy and his friends became the Vigour Tribe for a day. What were some of the acts committed by the Vigour Tribe?
7. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
8. Why doesn't Paddy ever answer Kevin's questions?
9. Using details from the text, describe what happens when Paddy and Kevin enter the nurse's office to have their marks checked.
10. Describe what happens when Miss Watkins brings in a tea-towel with the Proclamation of Independence on it into Paddy's classroom.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)