|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
2. What personal element do Paddy and his da have in common?
(a) Their weight.
(b) Their personalities.
(c) Their name.
(d) Their height.
3. What item does Paddy request in a letter to Santa for Christmas?
(b) A sleigh.
(c) Adidas football boots.
(d) Magnifying glasses.
4. In what construction material do Paddy and his friends sometimes play?
(b) Empty houses.
5. Which writer of the Irish Proclamation of Independence does Paddy say is his grandfather?
(a) P.H. Pearse.
(b) Thomas J. Clarke.
(c) Sean MacDiarmada.
(d) Joseph Plunkett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the water bottle that Paddy receives for Christmas?
2. What is the boys' favorite thing to jump when they are playing chase?
3. In what town do the boys live?
4. Which of Paddy's friends does not attend the same school as Paddy?
5. What do the V's that Paddy and his friends write on their chest with a marker stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
2. Describe Paddy's relationship with his ma.
3. When does Paddy's da usually teach Paddy new songs and what are some of the songs Paddy's father taught him?
4. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy is stuck between being a child and becoming a teenager.
5. Describe the scene that ensues after the first two boys leave the nurse's office after having their marks checked.
6. How does Paddy react when he is stung by a jellyfish?
7. What are some of the random facts that Paddy tells the reader he learned from reading?
8. Paddy states in the novel that the story of Father Damien was the best story Paddy ever read. Why does Paddy enjoy this story?
9. What are some of the rumors Paddy and his friends heard about the death of Sean Rickard? What actually killed Sean?
10. Describe Paddy's relationship with his two sisters, Catherine and Deirdre.
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)