|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy want his vocation to be?
(b) Shop owner.
2. What clothes line article do Paddy and his friends shove into Aidan's face?
(b) A diaper.
(d) A bra.
3. Where do the gang of boys like to light fires?
(a) At the building site.
(b) At the school shed.
(c) In their backyards.
4. What do the O'Connell's eat at every lunch?
5. What is blocking the pipe at the Clarke house that causes the drain to become clogged?
(c) Toilet paper.
(d) A dead mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Paddy's da in the novel?
2. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
3. What illness does Paddy's classmate David Geraghty have?
4. In what construction material do Paddy and his friends sometimes play?
5. Where does the Clarke family eat their picnic meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy's fort under the table is an indication that Paddy still wants to be a child.
2. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
3. What happens when Paddy and his father go to the library?
4. Where does the Clarke family go for Sinbad's Holy Communion and what happens when they are there?
5. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy is stuck between being a child and becoming a teenager.
6. Describe some of the acts that Paddy and his friends committed that shows they were the town's troublemakers.
7. What are some of the rumors Paddy and his friends heard about the death of Sean Rickard? What actually killed Sean?
8. When does Paddy's da usually teach Paddy new songs and what are some of the songs Paddy's father taught him?
9. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
10. Describe what happens when Miss Watkins brings in a tea-towel with the Proclamation of Independence on it into Paddy's classroom.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)