|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what construction material do Paddy and his friends sometimes play?
(b) Empty houses.
2. What does Paddy want his vocation to be?
(b) Shop owner.
3. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
4. What does Paddy's ma find running around in their toilet bowl?
(a) A mouse.
(c) A spider.
(d) A cockroach.
5. What do the V's that Paddy and his friends write on their chest with a marker stand for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forbids Joseph de Veuster to become a priest?
2. Who gets into trouble for doing the activity that is banned at Paddy's school by the headmaster?
3. Where do the gang of boys like to light fires?
4. Who is Kevin's older brother?
5. What clothes line article do Paddy and his friends shove into Aidan's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the random facts that Paddy tells the reader he learned from reading?
2. Describe Paddy's relationship with his da.
3. Where does the Clarke family go for Sinbad's Holy Communion and what happens when they are there?
4. What happens to Kevin's brother when he gets into big trouble?
5. How does Paddy react when he is stung by a jellyfish?
6. Describe the ceremony that Paddy and his friends sometimes played on Fridays.
7. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
8. Using details from the text to support your answer, describe Mr. Hennessey, Paddy's teacher.
9. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy's fort under the table is an indication that Paddy still wants to be a child.
10. What are some of the rumors Paddy and his friends heard about the death of Sean Rickard? What actually killed Sean?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)