|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who teaches Paddy to ride his bike?
(a) His da.
(b) His ma.
(c) No one.
2. Why do the boys steal from Cyril the butcher?
(a) To save Ian's guinea pig.
(b) For the fun of it.
(c) To stab one of the corporation children.
(d) To have a picnic.
3. One day Paddy is playing with his cars in the hallway when he hears a distinct sound for the first time. What is the sound?
(a) His da smacking his ma.
(b) A car horn.
(c) Sinbad crying.
(d) A mouse in the toilet.
4. How many days a week is Paddy responsible for washing the dishes?
5. What question does Paddy ask Sinbad when they are talking in bed one night?
(a) If Sinbad forgives Paddy.
(b) If Sinbad likes being called Sinbad.
(c) If Sinbad ever showed his ma his paper from school.
(d) If Sinbad loves Paddy.
6. How long does Paddy's ma wait when the babies start to cry before going to check on them?
(a) 75 seconds.
(b) 60 seconds.
(c) 90 seconds.
(d) 45 seconds.
7. What happens to Paddy and Sinbad for stealing?
(b) They get belted.
(c) They get grounded.
(d) They get burned.
8. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
(a) He had allergies.
(b) He got poked in the eyes.
(c) He's not getting enough sleep.
(d) He rubbed his eyes until they turned red.
9. What part of his foot does Paddy injure while playing in the dump area?
(a) His sole.
(b) His big toe.
(c) His heel.
(d) His little toe.
10. What mode of transportation becomes important to Paddy and his friends as they grow older?
(c) Public transportation.
11. How does Paddy know when his da is going to call someone a 'bloody eejit' when he's watching the news?
(a) He smacks the arm of the chair.
(b) He clears his throat.
(c) The chair creaks.
(d) He cracks his knuckles.
12. How does Paddy feel after he and Kevin kick Ian's dog?
13. Who scores a goal in the European Cup Final that causes Paddy to run around his house twice?
(a) Pat Crerand.
(b) David Beckham.
(c) Frank McLintock.
(d) George Best.
14. What complimentary phrases does Paddy's da say often to the boys when they do something he's proud of?
(a) Way to go.
(b) I'm proud of you.
(d) Good man.
15. Where does Paddy want to runaway to?
(a) One of the Irish islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is under Paddy and Sinbad's parents' bed?
2. What do Paddy and his friends steal from a store in Raheny?
3. What truth does Sinbad always deny, even when Paddy tells him repeatedly that it is the truth?
4. What color is Paddy's bike?
5. What nearby neighborhood do the boys travel to in order to get lost?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)