|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paddy fear he'll have to run away from home?
(a) He gave Ian a black eye.
(b) He shoved Aidan in the muck.
(c) He burned Sinbad's lips.
(d) He told Kevin a lie.
2. Why do the boys steal from Cyril the butcher?
(a) To save Ian's guinea pig.
(b) To stab one of the corporation children.
(c) To have a picnic.
(d) For the fun of it.
3. What kind of fish does Paddy's ma say is in fish fingers?
4. Which one of Paddy's friends gets stuck in a trench and begins sinking?
5. How does Paddy know that Sinbad is not sleeping one night when Paddy tries to talk to Sinbad?
(a) Paddy knows his breathing patterns.
(b) Paddy holds Sinbad's nose until he answers.
(c) Paddy just has a hunch that Sinbad is awake.
(d) Sinbad responds to Paddy right away.
6. Why doesn't Paddy find giving dead legs funny anymore?
(a) He knows how they feel.
(b) He likes hurting people other ways now.
(c) He's tired of them.
(d) He's seen it too much.
7. What happens to Paddy and Sinbad for stealing?
(b) They get burned.
(c) They get belted.
(d) They get grounded.
8. What do Paddy and his friends steal from Cyril the butcher?
(d) A knife.
9. One day Paddy is playing with his cars in the hallway when he hears a distinct sound for the first time. What is the sound?
(a) A car horn.
(b) Sinbad crying.
(c) His da smacking his ma.
(d) A mouse in the toilet.
10. What room in Paddy's house does Paddy question his ma about?
(a) The Drawing Room.
(b) The Kitchen.
(c) The Living Room.
(d) The TV Room.
11. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
(a) The nightlight.
(b) Sinbad's teddy bear.
(c) Paddy's bed.
(d) Sinbad's bed.
12. How does Paddy feel after he and Kevin kick Ian's dog?
13. When Paddy offers Sinbad the food and Sinbad continues to ignore Paddy, what does Paddy do?
(a) Smacks Sinbad.
(b) Hugs Sinbad.
(c) Dead-legs Sinbad.
(d) Pushes Sinbad to the floor.
14. What country does Paddy want to visit when he grows up?
(b) United States.
15. Why is Paddy allowed to leave school early one Friday afternoon?
(a) Paddy wanted to make sure his parents weren't fighting.
(b) Paddy made no mistakes that week in school.
(c) Paddy fell asleep at school.
(d) Paddy skipped school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy wake up to one morning that throws off his routine for the entire day?
2. Where does Paddy want to runaway to?
3. What doesn't Paddy have at home that he is afraid to confess to his classmates and teacher?
4. What name does Paddy call the man who lives in the fields in Barrytown?
5. Who hides in the object under Paddy's parents' bed?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)