|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Paddy hit Sinbad anymore after the food offering went awry?
(a) Paddy thought someone was watching.
(b) Paddy loved Sinbad.
(c) Paddy didn't care.
(d) Paddy promised Sinbad he would not hit him anymore.
2. Why does Paddy fear he'll have to run away from home?
(a) He gave Ian a black eye.
(b) He burned Sinbad's lips.
(c) He told Kevin a lie.
(d) He shoved Aidan in the muck.
3. What item does Paddy's da give Paddy for his birthday?
(a) A record player.
(b) A George Best book.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) A soccer ball.
4. What kind of fish does Paddy's ma say is in fish fingers?
5. How much money does Paddy receive on Sundays?
6. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
7. How does Paddy like his eggs?
(b) Sunnyside up.
8. Which child drowns in a pond?
(a) Kevin Conray.
(b) No one.
(c) Keith Simpson.
(d) James O'Keefe.
9. What country does Paddy want to visit when he grows up?
(a) United States.
10. What room in Paddy's house does Paddy question his ma about?
(a) The Kitchen.
(b) The TV Room.
(c) The Drawing Room.
(d) The Living Room.
11. How many dogs in the town have their tails docked?
12. What crime does Sinbad commit without Paddy?
(a) Breaking a window.
(b) Stealing from a store.
(c) Lighting a fire.
(d) Putting sugar in a gas tank.
13. Who do the boys try to hurt by making a voodoo doll?
(a) Ian's parents.
(b) Paddy's parents.
(c) Kevin's parents.
(d) Edward Swanwick.
14. What happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night?
(a) He is taken to the headmaster's office to sleep.
(b) His parents are called.
(c) He has detention.
(d) He is whipped.
15. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
(a) He got poked in the eyes.
(b) He's not getting enough sleep.
(c) He rubbed his eyes until they turned red.
(d) He had allergies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two new students' names that are placed in Paddy's class during his second year with Mr. Hennessey?
2. Which student from another class does Mr. Hennessey bring into Paddy's class?
3. What does Paddy wake up to one morning that throws off his routine for the entire day?
4. Who scores a goal in the European Cup Final that causes Paddy to run around his house twice?
5. What truth does Sinbad always deny, even when Paddy tells him repeatedly that it is the truth?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)