|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Paddy's bike?
2. Who do the boys try to hurt by making a voodoo doll?
(a) Edward Swanwick.
(b) Kevin's parents.
(c) Ian's parents.
(d) Paddy's parents.
3. When Paddy offers Sinbad the food and Sinbad continues to ignore Paddy, what does Paddy do?
(a) Hugs Sinbad.
(b) Dead-legs Sinbad.
(c) Smacks Sinbad.
(d) Pushes Sinbad to the floor.
4. What part of his foot does Paddy injure while playing in the dump area?
(a) His sole.
(b) His heel.
(c) His little toe.
(d) His big toe.
5. Who teaches Paddy to ride his bike?
(a) His ma.
(c) His da.
(d) No one.
6. What complimentary phrases does Paddy's da say often to the boys when they do something he's proud of?
(a) Good man.
(c) Way to go.
(d) I'm proud of you.
7. One day Paddy is playing with his cars in the hallway when he hears a distinct sound for the first time. What is the sound?
(a) A mouse in the toilet.
(b) A car horn.
(c) Sinbad crying.
(d) His da smacking his ma.
8. What inanimate object does Paddy feel that Sinbad is?
(a) A statue.
(b) A table.
(c) A chair.
(d) A pillar.
9. What is Ian's dog's name?
(b) Ian Jr.
10. How many cousins does Paddy have in America?
11. How much money does Paddy receive on Sundays?
12. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
13. Why does Paddy fear he'll have to run away from home?
(a) He told Kevin a lie.
(b) He burned Sinbad's lips.
(c) He shoved Aidan in the muck.
(d) He gave Ian a black eye.
14. What two new students are placed in Paddy's class during his second year in Mr. Hennessey's classroom?
(a) Two girls from the corporation houses.
(b) Two new students from Barrytown Road.
(c) Two boys from the corporation houses.
(d) No new students were placed in the class.
15. How does Paddy know that Sinbad is not sleeping one night when Paddy tries to talk to Sinbad?
(a) Paddy holds Sinbad's nose until he answers.
(b) Sinbad responds to Paddy right away.
(c) Paddy just has a hunch that Sinbad is awake.
(d) Paddy knows his breathing patterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nearby neighborhood do the boys travel to in order to get lost?
2. Which one of Paddy's friends gets stuck in a trench and begins sinking?
3. What mode of transportation becomes important to Paddy and his friends as they grow older?
4. Where does Paddy want to runaway to?
5. Which of his friends does Paddy ask if their parents fight?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)