|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mode of transportation becomes important to Paddy and his friends as they grow older?
(c) Public transportation.
2. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
3. Paddy and his friends think the rooster is what type of chicken?
(a) The eejit chicken.
(b) The king chicken.
(c) The cool chicken.
(d) The bad chicken.
4. Why do the boys steal from Cyril the butcher?
(a) To have a picnic.
(b) To stab one of the corporation children.
(c) For the fun of it.
(d) To save Ian's guinea pig.
5. What type of dog does Ian have?
(a) Pit Bull.
(b) Jack Russell.
(c) German Shepard.
(d) Great Dane.
6. What is Ian's dog's name?
(a) Ian Jr.
7. Why is Paddy allowed to leave school early one Friday afternoon?
(a) Paddy made no mistakes that week in school.
(b) Paddy skipped school.
(c) Paddy fell asleep at school.
(d) Paddy wanted to make sure his parents weren't fighting.
8. How does Paddy know when his da is going to call someone a 'bloody eejit' when he's watching the news?
(a) The chair creaks.
(b) He clears his throat.
(c) He smacks the arm of the chair.
(d) He cracks his knuckles.
9. Why does Paddy have red eyes in class?
(a) He got poked in the eyes.
(b) He's not getting enough sleep.
(c) He had allergies.
(d) He rubbed his eyes until they turned red.
10. What name does Paddy call the man who lives in the fields in Barrytown?
(a) Uncle Eddie.
(b) Weirdy Fella.
(c) Mary Rickards.
(d) Martin Conray.
11. How many dogs in the town have their tails docked?
12. How many days a week is Paddy responsible for washing the dishes?
13. Who do the boys try to hurt by making a voodoo doll?
(a) Ian's parents.
(b) Kevin's parents.
(c) Paddy's parents.
(d) Edward Swanwick.
14. When Paddy offers Sinbad the food and Sinbad continues to ignore Paddy, what does Paddy do?
(a) Pushes Sinbad to the floor.
(b) Smacks Sinbad.
(c) Dead-legs Sinbad.
(d) Hugs Sinbad.
15. What happens to Paddy when he falls asleep in school after staying up all night?
(a) His parents are called.
(b) He is whipped.
(c) He has detention.
(d) He is taken to the headmaster's office to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paddy feel after he and Kevin kick Ian's dog?
2. Why does Paddy fear he'll have to run away from home?
3. Who hides in the object under Paddy's parents' bed?
4. What truth does Sinbad always deny, even when Paddy tells him repeatedly that it is the truth?
5. How long does Paddy's ma wait when the babies start to cry before going to check on them?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)