|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Paddy allowed to leave school early one Friday afternoon?
(a) Paddy made no mistakes that week in school.
(b) Paddy skipped school.
(c) Paddy fell asleep at school.
(d) Paddy wanted to make sure his parents weren't fighting.
2. What country does one of Paddy's uncles move to?
3. What time does Mr. Hennessey tell Paddy he needs to be in bed by?
4. What is under Paddy and Sinbad's parents' bed?
(a) A hideaway bed.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A large brown suitcase.
(d) A huge trunk filled with pictures.
5. How many Patricks are in Paddy's class at school?
6. Why does Paddy feel like their da won the first fight Paddy ever listened to his parents have?
(a) His ma cried.
(b) His da hit his ma.
(c) His da left.
(d) His ma left.
7. Which new student in Paddy's class does Paddy decide to fight?
(a) Amy O'Harra.
(b) Curtis Haywood.
(c) Charles Leavy.
(d) Sean Whelan.
8. What is one of the requirements that Paddy felt was necessary in order to remain best friends with Kevin?
(a) Hate a lot of other people.
(b) Start a lot of fire.
(c) Be friends with a lot of other people.
(d) Curse a lot.
9. Which one of Paddy's friends gets stuck in a trench and begins sinking?
10. Why couldn't Paddy hit Sinbad anymore after the food offering went awry?
(a) Paddy loved Sinbad.
(b) Paddy promised Sinbad he would not hit him anymore.
(c) Paddy didn't care.
(d) Paddy thought someone was watching.
11. What mode of transportation becomes important to Paddy and his friends as they grow older?
(d) Public transportation.
12. How does Paddy like his eggs?
(d) Sunnyside up.
13. Paddy and his friends think the rooster is what type of chicken?
(a) The eejit chicken.
(b) The king chicken.
(c) The bad chicken.
(d) The cool chicken.
14. What kind of fish does Paddy's ma say is in fish fingers?
15. What item does Paddy's da give Paddy for his birthday?
(a) A record player.
(b) A soccer ball.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) A George Best book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
2. How much money does Paddy receive on Sundays?
3. What type of dog does Ian have?
4. What are the two new students' names that are placed in Paddy's class during his second year with Mr. Hennessey?
5. What complimentary phrases does Paddy's da say often to the boys when they do something he's proud of?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)