|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which new student in Paddy's class does Paddy decide to fight?
(a) Charles Leavy.
(b) Amy O'Harra.
(c) Sean Whelan.
(d) Curtis Haywood.
2. Why do the boys steal from Cyril the butcher?
(a) To have a picnic.
(b) To stab one of the corporation children.
(c) For the fun of it.
(d) To save Ian's guinea pig.
3. Why does Paddy fear he'll have to run away from home?
(a) He burned Sinbad's lips.
(b) He shoved Aidan in the muck.
(c) He gave Ian a black eye.
(d) He told Kevin a lie.
4. What animals does Paddy think that the Americans are fighting in Vietnam?
5. On what day of the week does Paddy's da bring home food?
6. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
7. What doesn't Paddy have at home that he is afraid to confess to his classmates and teacher?
(a) A ma.
(b) A phone.
(c) A car.
(d) A television.
8. Why couldn't Paddy hit Sinbad anymore after the food offering went awry?
(a) Paddy didn't care.
(b) Paddy loved Sinbad.
(c) Paddy thought someone was watching.
(d) Paddy promised Sinbad he would not hit him anymore.
9. What happens to Paddy and Sinbad for stealing?
(a) They get belted.
(b) They get burned.
(c) They get grounded.
10. Who do the boys try to hurt by making a voodoo doll?
(a) Kevin's parents.
(b) Edward Swanwick.
(c) Ian's parents.
(d) Paddy's parents.
11. After Paddy falls asleep in class, what food item does Paddy offer Sinbad?
(b) Ice cream.
(c) A biscuit.
(d) A ham sandwich.
12. Which of his friends does Paddy ask if their parents fight?
13. Who scores a goal in the European Cup Final that causes Paddy to run around his house twice?
(a) Frank McLintock.
(b) George Best.
(c) Pat Crerand.
(d) David Beckham.
14. Who hides in the object under Paddy's parents' bed?
15. What are the two new students' names that are placed in Paddy's class during his second year with Mr. Hennessey?
(a) Charles Leavy and Sean Whelan.
(b) No new students were added to the class.
(c) Amy O'Harra and Sarah James.
(d) Sam Youths and Curtis Haywood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dogs are in Barrytown?
2. How many Patricks are in Paddy's class at school?
3. Where does Paddy want to runaway to?
4. How does Paddy know when his da is going to call someone a 'bloody eejit' when he's watching the news?
5. What nearby neighborhood do the boys travel to in order to get lost?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)