|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paddy want to be with after he falls asleep in class?
(b) His ma.
(d) His da.
2. Which child drowns in a pond?
(a) No one.
(b) Keith Simpson.
(c) Kevin Conray.
(d) James O'Keefe.
3. What inanimate object does Paddy feel that Sinbad is?
(a) A table.
(b) A pillar.
(c) A chair.
(d) A statue.
4. What is Ian's dog's name?
(d) Ian Jr.
5. One day the boys are playing in a dump area. What does Paddy step on?
(a) A screw.
(b) A nail.
(c) A scaffolding joint.
(d) Some glass.
6. What relation does Paddy claim to the child who drowned in the pond?
(a) They're step-cousins.
(b) Paddy claims no relation.
(c) They're half-brothers.
(d) They're cousins.
7. How long does Paddy's ma wait when the babies start to cry before going to check on them?
(a) 90 seconds.
(b) 45 seconds.
(c) 60 seconds.
(d) 75 seconds.
8. What two new students are placed in Paddy's class during his second year in Mr. Hennessey's classroom?
(a) Two boys from the corporation houses.
(b) Two girls from the corporation houses.
(c) No new students were placed in the class.
(d) Two new students from Barrytown Road.
9. What animals does Paddy think that the Americans are fighting in Vietnam?
10. What is under Paddy and Sinbad's parents' bed?
(a) A huge trunk filled with pictures.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A hideaway bed.
(d) A large brown suitcase.
11. Who do the boys try to hurt by making a voodoo doll?
(a) Edward Swanwick.
(b) Kevin's parents.
(c) Ian's parents.
(d) Paddy's parents.
12. What mode of transportation becomes important to Paddy and his friends as they grow older?
(b) Public transportation.
13. Why does Paddy fear he'll have to run away from home?
(a) He told Kevin a lie.
(b) He burned Sinbad's lips.
(c) He gave Ian a black eye.
(d) He shoved Aidan in the muck.
14. Who scores a goal in the European Cup Final that causes Paddy to run around his house twice?
(a) Frank McLintock.
(b) David Beckham.
(c) Pat Crerand.
(d) George Best.
15. Which of his friends does Paddy ask if their parents fight?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
2. How much money does Paddy receive on Sundays?
3. What do Paddy and his friends steal from a store in Raheny?
4. What nearby neighborhood do the boys travel to in order to get lost?
5. What time does Mr. Hennessey tell Paddy he needs to be in bed by?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)