|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paddy and his friends think the rooster is what type of chicken?
(a) The king chicken.
(b) The eejit chicken.
(c) The bad chicken.
(d) The cool chicken.
2. On what day of the week does Paddy's da bring home food?
3. What doesn't Paddy have at home that he is afraid to confess to his classmates and teacher?
(a) A ma.
(b) A phone.
(c) A television.
(d) A car.
4. Why does Paddy feel like their da won the first fight Paddy ever listened to his parents have?
(a) His da left.
(b) His da hit his ma.
(c) His ma cried.
(d) His ma left.
5. What question does Paddy ask Sinbad when they are talking in bed one night?
(a) If Sinbad forgives Paddy.
(b) If Sinbad ever showed his ma his paper from school.
(c) If Sinbad likes being called Sinbad.
(d) If Sinbad loves Paddy.
6. How many days a week is Paddy responsible for washing the dishes?
7. Who do the boys try to hurt by making a voodoo doll?
(a) Ian's parents.
(b) Edward Swanwick.
(c) Kevin's parents.
(d) Paddy's parents.
8. One day Paddy is playing with his cars in the hallway when he hears a distinct sound for the first time. What is the sound?
(a) A car horn.
(b) Sinbad crying.
(c) His da smacking his ma.
(d) A mouse in the toilet.
9. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
(a) Sinbad's bed.
(b) Sinbad's teddy bear.
(c) Paddy's bed.
(d) The nightlight.
10. How much money does Sinbad receive on Sundays?
11. What is under Paddy and Sinbad's parents' bed?
(a) A hideaway bed.
(b) A huge trunk filled with pictures.
(c) A large brown suitcase.
(d) A mouse.
12. What name does Paddy call the man who lives in the fields in Barrytown?
(a) Mary Rickards.
(b) Martin Conray.
(c) Weirdy Fella.
(d) Uncle Eddie.
13. Why couldn't Paddy hit Sinbad anymore after the food offering went awry?
(a) Paddy thought someone was watching.
(b) Paddy promised Sinbad he would not hit him anymore.
(c) Paddy loved Sinbad.
(d) Paddy didn't care.
14. How many Patricks are in Paddy's class at school?
15. After Paddy falls asleep in class, what food item does Paddy offer Sinbad?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) A biscuit.
(c) A ham sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Paddy's da give Paddy for his birthday?
2. Why can't Paddy and Sinbad have a dog?
3. What do Paddy and his friends steal from Cyril the butcher?
4. What inanimate object does Paddy feel that Sinbad is?
5. What part of his foot does Paddy injure while playing in the dump area?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)