|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Paddy's da give Paddy for his birthday?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A soccer ball.
(c) A George Best book.
(d) A record player.
2. Who scores a goal in the European Cup Final that causes Paddy to run around his house twice?
(a) Frank McLintock.
(b) George Best.
(c) Pat Crerand.
(d) David Beckham.
3. What part of his foot does Paddy injure while playing in the dump area?
(a) His little toe.
(b) His heel.
(c) His sole.
(d) His big toe.
4. Paddy and his friends think the rooster is what type of chicken?
(a) The king chicken.
(b) The bad chicken.
(c) The cool chicken.
(d) The eejit chicken.
5. How many Patricks are in Paddy's class at school?
6. What truth does Sinbad always deny, even when Paddy tells him repeatedly that it is the truth?
(a) That Sinbad is the oldest.
(b) That their da is a drunk.
(c) That their parents fight.
(d) That Paddy loves him.
7. Which child drowns in a pond?
(a) James O'Keefe.
(b) Keith Simpson.
(c) Kevin Conray.
(d) No one.
8. What do Paddy and his friends steal from a store in Raheny?
(a) Army men.
9. What complimentary phrases does Paddy's da say often to the boys when they do something he's proud of?
(b) Way to go.
(c) Good man.
(d) I'm proud of you.
10. What relation does Paddy claim to the child who drowned in the pond?
(a) They're step-cousins.
(b) Paddy claims no relation.
(c) They're half-brothers.
(d) They're cousins.
11. Which one of Paddy's friends gets stuck in a trench and begins sinking?
12. What animals does Paddy think that the Americans are fighting in Vietnam?
13. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
(a) Paddy's bed.
(b) The nightlight.
(c) Sinbad's bed.
(d) Sinbad's teddy bear.
14. How much money does Sinbad receive on Sundays?
15. Which student from another class does Mr. Hennessey bring into Paddy's class?
(a) Ian McEnvy.
(c) Edward Swanwick.
(d) Amy O'Harra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Paddy call the man who lives in the fields in Barrytown?
2. What kind of fish does Paddy's ma say is in fish fingers?
3. Which new student in Paddy's class does Paddy decide to fight?
4. One day the boys are playing in a dump area. What does Paddy step on?
5. Why is Paddy allowed to leave school early one Friday afternoon?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)