|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Paddy's da give Paddy for his birthday?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A soccer ball.
(c) A record player.
(d) A George Best book.
2. Paddy and his friends think the rooster is what type of chicken?
(a) The eejit chicken.
(b) The cool chicken.
(c) The king chicken.
(d) The bad chicken.
3. What part of his foot does Paddy injure while playing in the dump area?
(a) His heel.
(b) His sole.
(c) His little toe.
(d) His big toe.
4. How many dogs are in Barrytown?
5. What color is Paddy's bike?
6. How does Paddy know that Sinbad is not sleeping one night when Paddy tries to talk to Sinbad?
(a) Paddy knows his breathing patterns.
(b) Paddy just has a hunch that Sinbad is awake.
(c) Paddy holds Sinbad's nose until he answers.
(d) Sinbad responds to Paddy right away.
7. Why do the boys steal from Cyril the butcher?
(a) For the fun of it.
(b) To stab one of the corporation children.
(c) To have a picnic.
(d) To save Ian's guinea pig.
8. What country does Paddy want to visit when he grows up?
(c) United States.
9. Which of his friends does Paddy ask if their parents fight?
10. How many cousins does Paddy have in America?
11. What word does Paddy repeat to himself over and over when his parents are fighting?
(d) He doesn't repeat anything over and over.
12. One day Paddy is playing with his cars in the hallway when he hears a distinct sound for the first time. What is the sound?
(a) A car horn.
(b) A mouse in the toilet.
(c) His da smacking his ma.
(d) Sinbad crying.
13. Why does Paddy fear he'll have to run away from home?
(a) He burned Sinbad's lips.
(b) He gave Ian a black eye.
(c) He shoved Aidan in the muck.
(d) He told Kevin a lie.
14. What truth does Sinbad always deny, even when Paddy tells him repeatedly that it is the truth?
(a) That their parents fight.
(b) That Paddy loves him.
(c) That Sinbad is the oldest.
(d) That their da is a drunk.
15. After Paddy and Sinbad's conversation in bed one night, what name does Paddy start calling Sinbad?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sinbad NOT want in Paddy and Sinbad's room anymore?
2. Why couldn't Paddy hit Sinbad anymore after the food offering went awry?
3. Which new student in Paddy's class does Paddy decide to fight?
4. What does Paddy wake up to one morning that throws off his routine for the entire day?
5. Which student from another class does Mr. Hennessey bring into Paddy's class?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)