|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does one of Paddy's uncles move to?
2. What part of his foot does Paddy injure while playing in the dump area?
(a) His big toe.
(b) His sole.
(c) His heel.
(d) His little toe.
3. What kind of fish does Paddy's ma say is in fish fingers?
4. Why is Paddy allowed to leave school early one Friday afternoon?
(a) Paddy wanted to make sure his parents weren't fighting.
(b) Paddy fell asleep at school.
(c) Paddy made no mistakes that week in school.
(d) Paddy skipped school.
5. What do Paddy and his friends steal from a store in Raheny?
(c) Army men.
6. Who hides in the object under Paddy's parents' bed?
7. Which new student in Paddy's class does Paddy decide to fight?
(a) Curtis Haywood.
(b) Charles Leavy.
(c) Sean Whelan.
(d) Amy O'Harra.
8. How many days a week is Paddy responsible for washing the dishes?
9. How long does Paddy's ma wait when the babies start to cry before going to check on them?
(a) 60 seconds.
(b) 75 seconds.
(c) 45 seconds.
(d) 90 seconds.
10. What doesn't Paddy have at home that he is afraid to confess to his classmates and teacher?
(a) A ma.
(b) A phone.
(c) A television.
(d) A car.
11. What inanimate object does Paddy feel that Sinbad is?
(a) A chair.
(b) A pillar.
(c) A table.
(d) A statue.
12. One day Paddy is playing with his cars in the hallway when he hears a distinct sound for the first time. What is the sound?
(a) His da smacking his ma.
(b) A car horn.
(c) Sinbad crying.
(d) A mouse in the toilet.
13. One day the boys are playing in a dump area. What does Paddy step on?
(a) A screw.
(b) A scaffolding joint.
(c) Some glass.
(d) A nail.
14. Who does Paddy want to be with after he falls asleep in class?
(c) His ma.
(d) His da.
15. What word does Paddy repeat to himself over and over when his parents are fighting?
(a) He doesn't repeat anything over and over.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dogs are in Barrytown?
2. What complimentary phrases does Paddy's da say often to the boys when they do something he's proud of?
3. What name does Paddy call the man who lives in the fields in Barrytown?
4. Paddy and his friends think the rooster is what type of chicken?
5. Why do the boys steal from Cyril the butcher?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)