|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
(c) Heavy rain.
2. In what construction material do Paddy and his friends sometimes play?
(d) Empty houses.
3. What is one of the issues that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
(d) Paddy's friends.
4. What type of sandwiches does the Clarke family eat on their picnic?
(a) Ham and cheese.
(c) Chicken salad.
5. What type of sick people does Paddy's hero help?
(a) Polio patients.
(d) HIV victims.
6. Who hides with Paddy in the pipes to try and scare their other friends?
7. In what town do the boys live?
8. What do the O'Connell's eat at every lunch?
9. What does Paddy want his vocation to be?
(d) Shop owner.
10. Who does Paddy's da blame when the Clarke family's drain gets blocked once?
(b) Paddy's ma.
(d) No one.
11. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
12. Who forbids Joseph de Veuster to become a priest?
(a) No one.
(b) Joseph's grandfather.
(c) Joseph's father.
(d) Joseph's mother.
13. What type of car does Paddy's father buy?
(a) A Ranger.
(b) A Cortina.
(c) A Cutlass.
(d) A Cavalier.
14. What does Paddy do after he is stung when he was swimming to get more attention from his ma?
(a) He burns the sting mark with a lighter.
(b) He never got stung.
(c) He stabs himself with a pencil.
(d) He squeezes the sting mark.
15. What does Paddy light between Sinbad's lips?
(a) Lighter fluid.
(b) A candle.
(c) A cigar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which team is Paddy's favorite football/soccer team?
2. How old is Paddy's da in the novel?
3. What chore must Paddy do every Sunday before Mass?
4. What does the fella who went to Africa come back with in his stomach?
5. Where does Paddy light Sinbad's lips on fire?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)