|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the water bottle that Paddy receives for Christmas?
2. What does Paddy pour on a slug?
3. Where do the gang of boys like to light fires?
(a) At the school shed.
(b) In their backyards.
(d) At the building site.
4. What personal element do Paddy and his da have in common?
(a) Their weight.
(b) Their name.
(c) Their personalities.
(d) Their height.
5. What type of biscuits do Paddy and Sinbad eat at the picnic?
6. What does Paddy pick as his pet when he has to write about his favorite pet in a homework assignment?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A hamster.
7. When Paddy is swimming at the beginning of the novel, what is he stung by?
(a) A bee.
(c) A jellyfish.
(d) A wasp.
8. Who hides with Paddy in the pipes to try and scare their other friends?
9. Whose da 'howls at the moon'?
(a) No one's.
(b) Liam and Adian's.
(c) Paddy and Sinbad's.
10. What item does Paddy's father own that is in a red box?
(a) A gun.
(b) A belt.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A record player.
11. What does Paddy kill with a hurley?
(a) A chipmunk.
(b) A rat.
(c) A cat.
(d) A mouse.
12. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
(c) Heavy rain.
13. Who is Paddy's favorite American pioneer?
(a) Daniel Boone.
(b) Annie Oakley.
(c) Johnny Appleseed.
(d) No one.
14. What does Paddy's ma find running around in their toilet bowl?
(a) A spider.
(c) A cockroach.
(d) A mouse.
15. What chore must Paddy do every Sunday before Mass?
(a) Washes the dishes.
(b) Mows the lawn.
(c) Polishes everything in the house.
(d) Cleans the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of priests does Joseph join?
2. What do Paddy and his friends call their teacher?
3. One day Mr. Hennessey reads a story in class. What word from the story baffles Paddy and his friends?
4. What is the name of the colony where Paddy's hero from his favorite story went?
5. What does Paddy's mother put on the sting that Paddy received while he was swimming?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)