|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the V's that Paddy and his friends write on their chest with a marker stand for?
2. What color is the water bottle that Paddy receives for Christmas?
3. What item does Paddy's father own that is in a red box?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A record player.
(c) A gun.
(d) A belt.
4. In whose shop do Paddy and his friends show their V's?
(a) No one's.
5. Who does Paddy's da blame when the Clarke family's drain gets blocked once?
(c) Paddy's ma.
(d) No one.
6. What does Paddy's mother put on the sting that Paddy received while he was swimming?
(b) Meat tenderizer.
7. Who is Kevin's older brother?
8. What is one of the issues that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
(c) Paddy's friends.
9. Where do Paddy and his family have a picnic shortly after they purchase their new car?
10. What does Paddy pour on a slug?
11. In what town do the boys live?
12. When does Paddy's hero from his favorite story die?
(a) Palm Sunday.
(b) Good Friday.
(c) Ash Wednesday.
13. What does Paddy kill with a hurley?
(a) A cat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A chipmunk.
(d) A rat.
14. Who stops trimming the hedges in the fields because the hedges are going to be dug up?
(a) No one.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The corporation manager.
(d) County council.
15. When Paddy is swimming at the beginning of the novel, what is he stung by?
(b) A wasp.
(c) A jellyfish.
(d) A bee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
2. What does Paddy pick as his pet when he has to write about his favorite pet in a homework assignment?
3. What Native American weapon does Paddy make?
4. Whose questions does Paddy never rush to answer?
5. What does Paddy use to choke Brian Sheridan with while the boys are waiting to have their marks checked?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)