|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of the novel?
(a) Paddy Clarke.
(c) James O'Keefe.
(d) Sinbad Clarke.
2. What personal element do Paddy and his da have in common?
(a) Their personalities.
(b) Their name.
(c) Their height.
(d) Their weight.
3. What item does Paddy's father own that is in a red box?
(a) A gun.
(b) A belt.
(c) A record player.
(d) A trumpet.
4. Paddy enjoys the smell of his desk at school. What does Paddy do to his desk one day?
(a) He steals it.
(b) He carves his name in it.
(c) He licks it.
(d) He cuts a piece off his desk.
5. What is another issue that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
(b) Paddy's friends.
(c) Paddy's school issues.
(d) Paddy's ma.
6. Who is Paddy's favorite renegade Native American?
(c) No one.
7. One day Mr. Hennessey reads a story in class. What word from the story baffles Paddy and his friends?
8. What do the O'Connell's eat at every lunch?
9. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
(b) Heavy rain.
10. Where does Paddy sometimes sit for hours?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under the table.
(c) On his bed.
(d) In the garden.
11. What clothes line article do Paddy and his friends shove into Aidan's face?
(a) A bra.
(c) A diaper.
12. Who is the central character in the story that Paddy says is the best story he ever read?
(a) Father Paul.
(b) Father Jospeh.
(c) Father Damien.
(d) Father John.
13. Who is Kevin's older brother?
14. What does Paddy do after he is stung when he was swimming to get more attention from his ma?
(a) He stabs himself with a pencil.
(b) He never got stung.
(c) He burns the sting mark with a lighter.
(d) He squeezes the sting mark.
15. Whose da 'howls at the moon'?
(a) Liam and Adian's.
(b) No one's.
(c) Paddy and Sinbad's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy call a flashlight?
2. Which of Paddy's friends does not attend the same school as Paddy?
3. What does Paddy want his vocation to be?
4. What type of sick people does Paddy's hero help?
5. What does Paddy's ma find running around in their toilet bowl?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)