Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical activity that the boys at Paddy's school use to hurt each other is banned by the headmaster?
(b) Dead legging.
(c) Indian burning.
2. Who does Paddy's da blame when the Clarke family's drain gets blocked once?
(a) No one.
(c) Paddy's ma.
3. What does Paddy's mother put on the sting that Paddy received while he was swimming?
(a) Meat tenderizer.
4. Where does Paddy sometimes sit for hours?
(a) On his bed.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Under the table.
(d) In the garden.
5. What item does Paddy's father own that is in a red box?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A belt.
(c) A gun.
(d) A record player.
6. What illness does Paddy's classmate David Geraghty have?
(c) Cerebral Palsey.
7. Why does Paddy use a small spoon when eating ice cream?
(a) No reason.
(b) He doesn't like ice cream.
(c) His parents make him so he won't get sick.
(d) It makes the ice cream last longer.
8. What does Paddy kill with a hurley?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A cat.
(c) A chipmunk.
(d) A rat.
9. In what era is the novel taking place?
10. When Paddy is stung while he is swimming, who does his mother offer to call?
(a) Paddy's father.
(b) An ambulance.
(c) No one.
(d) Paddy's grandfather.
11. What game are Paddy and his friends playing when Liam breaks his teeth?
(a) Grand Prix.
(b) Grand Stand.
(c) Grand National.
(d) Grand Day.
12. What does Paddy read that causes him to fear World War III?
(b) A newspaper headline.
(c) A textbook at school.
(d) A note from a friend.
13. What type of car does Paddy's father buy?
(a) A Cutlass.
(b) A Cavalier.
(c) A Ranger.
(d) A Cortina.
14. What does Paddy use to choke Brian Sheridan with while the boys are waiting to have their marks checked?
(a) His belt.
(b) A stick.
(c) His hands.
(d) His jumper.
15. What does Paddy pour on a slug?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the record number of pages that Paddy's ma read in one night?
2. Where does Paddy's da place the letter to Santa from Paddy and Sinbad?
3. Who hides with Paddy in the pipes to try and scare their other friends?
4. What prayer does Paddy state that he prefers over others?
5. What personal element do Paddy and his da have in common?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)