|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Paddy and his family have a picnic shortly after they purchase their new car?
2. What type of car does Paddy's father buy?
(a) A Cavalier.
(b) A Ranger.
(c) A Cortina.
(d) A Cutlass.
3. Why does Paddy use a small spoon when eating ice cream?
(a) It makes the ice cream last longer.
(b) No reason.
(c) His parents make him so he won't get sick.
(d) He doesn't like ice cream.
4. What is another issue that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
(a) Paddy's school issues.
(c) Paddy's friends.
(d) Paddy's ma.
5. Where does Paddy's da place the letter to Santa from Paddy and Sinbad?
(a) In the garbage.
(b) Up the chimney.
(d) In the mail.
6. Who is Kevin's older brother?
7. What Native American weapon does Paddy make?
(a) An arrow.
(b) Paddy does not make a weapon.
(c) An Apache flop-head club.
(d) A tomahawk.
8. Who is always the high priest Zentoga when the boys have a naming ritual on Fridays?
9. What game are Paddy and his friends playing when Liam breaks his teeth?
(a) Grand Stand.
(b) Grand Day.
(c) Grand National.
(d) Grand Prix.
10. What does the fella who went to Africa come back with in his stomach?
11. What is Sinbad's actual first name?
12. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
(b) Heavy rain.
13. Where do the gang of boys like to light fires?
(a) At the building site.
(c) In their backyards.
(d) At the school shed.
14. Who hides with Paddy in the pipes to try and scare their other friends?
15. Where does the Clarke family eat their picnic meal?
(a) In the car.
(b) Under a tree.
(c) In a field.
(d) On a picnic table.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what era is the novel taking place?
2. Who gets into trouble for doing the activity that is banned at Paddy's school by the headmaster?
3. What chore must Paddy do every Sunday before Mass?
4. On whose pillar does Kevin draw a mickey?
5. What does Paddy read that causes him to fear World War III?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)