|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sinbad's actual first name?
2. What does the fella who went to Africa come back with in his stomach?
3. What group of priests does Joseph join?
(b) The Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
(c) The Opis Dei.
(d) The Congregation of the Blessed.
4. Who does Paddy's da blame when the Clarke family's drain gets blocked once?
(a) Paddy's ma.
(c) No one.
5. What prayer does Paddy state that he prefers over others?
(a) Our Father.
(b) Hail Mary.
(c) A Child's Prayer.
(d) Salutations to Mary.
6. What is blocking the pipe at the Clarke house that causes the drain to become clogged?
(a) Toilet paper.
(d) A dead mouse.
7. What is one of the issues that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
(b) Paddy's friends.
8. Which team is Paddy's favorite football/soccer team?
(a) Manchester City.
(b) Manchester United.
(c) Westham United.
9. Why does Paddy use a small spoon when eating ice cream?
(a) His parents make him so he won't get sick.
(b) It makes the ice cream last longer.
(c) No reason.
(d) He doesn't like ice cream.
10. What type of sandwiches does the Clarke family eat on their picnic?
(a) Ham and cheese.
(d) Chicken salad.
11. Whose questions does Paddy never rush to answer?
(d) His da's.
12. What physical activity that the boys at Paddy's school use to hurt each other is banned by the headmaster?
(c) Indian burning.
(d) Dead legging.
13. What does Paddy pour on a slug?
14. What does Paddy kill with a hurley?
(a) A cat.
(b) A chipmunk.
(c) A rat.
(d) A mouse.
15. What illness does Paddy's classmate David Geraghty have?
(b) Cerebral Palsey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy light between Sinbad's lips?
2. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
3. Who gets into trouble for doing the activity that is banned at Paddy's school by the headmaster?
4. When Paddy is swimming at the beginning of the novel, what is he stung by?
5. What is another issue that Paddy and his da like to discuss?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)