|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the O'Connell's eat at every lunch?
2. What does the fella who went to Africa come back with in his stomach?
3. Who is Kevin's older brother?
4. What chore must Paddy do every Sunday before Mass?
(a) Mows the lawn.
(b) Washes the dishes.
(c) Cleans the bathroom.
(d) Polishes everything in the house.
5. What does Paddy use to choke Brian Sheridan with while the boys are waiting to have their marks checked?
(a) His belt.
(b) His jumper.
(c) A stick.
(d) His hands.
6. In what era is the novel taking place?
7. What physical activity that the boys at Paddy's school use to hurt each other is banned by the headmaster?
(b) Indian burning.
(d) Dead legging.
8. When Paddy is swimming at the beginning of the novel, what is he stung by?
(a) A bee.
(b) A wasp.
(c) A jellyfish.
9. What is the boys' favorite thing to jump when they are playing chase?
(a) Sidewalk cracks.
10. What does Paddy pick as his pet when he has to write about his favorite pet in a homework assignment?
(a) A hamster.
(b) A dog.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A cat.
11. Who is always the high priest Zentoga when the boys have a naming ritual on Fridays?
12. What is the name of the colony where Paddy's hero from his favorite story went?
(d) Corpus Christi.
13. What prayer does Paddy state that he prefers over others?
(a) A Child's Prayer.
(b) Salutations to Mary.
(c) Our Father.
(d) Hail Mary.
14. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
(b) Heavy rain.
15. Where do Paddy and his family have a picnic shortly after they purchase their new car?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Paddy's father own that is in a red box?
2. Who is the main character of the novel?
3. What type of car does Paddy's father buy?
4. What item does Paddy request in a letter to Santa for Christmas?
5. What does Paddy's ma find running around in their toilet bowl?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)