|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game are Paddy and his friends playing when Liam breaks his teeth?
(a) Grand Day.
(b) Grand Stand.
(c) Grand National.
(d) Grand Prix.
2. Where does Paddy sometimes sit for hours?
(a) Under the table.
(b) In the garden.
(c) On his bed.
(d) In the closet.
3. What do the O'Connell's eat at every lunch?
4. Who is the main character of the novel?
(b) James O'Keefe.
(c) Sinbad Clarke.
(d) Paddy Clarke.
5. What do the boys like to write their names in at the beginning of the novel?
(d) Wet cement.
6. What type of sandwiches does the Clarke family eat on their picnic?
(b) Ham and cheese.
(d) Chicken salad.
7. Where does Paddy's da place the letter to Santa from Paddy and Sinbad?
(a) In the mail.
(b) Up the chimney.
(d) In the garbage.
8. On whose pillar does Kevin draw a mickey?
(a) The Clarke's.
(b) The Sullivan's.
(c) The Kiernan's.
(d) The O'Connell's.
9. What does Paddy pour on a slug?
10. What does Paddy read that causes him to fear World War III?
(b) A note from a friend.
(c) A textbook at school.
(d) A newspaper headline.
11. Where is Paddy's usual seat in the class after the spelling test on Fridays?
(a) At the front of the class.
(b) Along the windows.
(c) In the middle somewhere.
(d) In the back by the coats.
12. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
13. Who falls asleep one day when Mr. Hennessey tells the class to lay their heads down so he can talk to another teacher?
(a) Patrick Clarke.
(b) Ian McEvoy.
(c) James O'Keefe.
(d) Kevin Conroy.
14. What do Paddy and his friends call their teacher?
15. What does Paddy's mother put on the sting that Paddy received while he was swimming?
(d) Meat tenderizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paddy use to choke Brian Sheridan with while the boys are waiting to have their marks checked?
2. In what town do the boys live?
3. What is the name of the colony where Paddy's hero from his favorite story went?
4. Which writer of the Irish Proclamation of Independence does Paddy say is his grandfather?
5. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)