|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the record number of pages that Paddy's ma read in one night?
2. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
3. Where do Paddy and his family have a picnic shortly after they purchase their new car?
4. Which of Paddy's friends does not attend the same school as Paddy?
(a) Edward Swanwick.
(b) Liam O'Connell.
(c) James O'Keefe.
(d) Kevin Conroy.
5. Which team is Paddy's favorite football/soccer team?
(a) Manchester United.
(b) Westham United.
(c) Manchester City.
6. One day Mr. Hennessey reads a story in class. What word from the story baffles Paddy and his friends?
7. Who stops trimming the hedges in the fields because the hedges are going to be dug up?
(a) The mayor.
(b) County council.
(c) The corporation manager.
(d) No one.
8. Who is always the high priest Zentoga when the boys have a naming ritual on Fridays?
9. What is the boys' favorite thing to jump when they are playing chase?
(d) Sidewalk cracks.
10. What do Paddy and his friends call their teacher?
11. What chore must Paddy do every Sunday before Mass?
(a) Polishes everything in the house.
(b) Cleans the bathroom.
(c) Mows the lawn.
(d) Washes the dishes.
12. When Paddy is stung while he is swimming, who does his mother offer to call?
(a) No one.
(b) Paddy's grandfather.
(c) An ambulance.
(d) Paddy's father.
13. How old is Paddy's da in the novel?
14. Who does Paddy's da blame when the Clarke family's drain gets blocked once?
(b) No one.
(d) Paddy's ma.
15. Who is the main character of the novel?
(a) James O'Keefe.
(b) Sinbad Clarke.
(c) Paddy Clarke.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose shop do Paddy and his friends show their V's?
2. What do the boys like to write their names in at the beginning of the novel?
3. Where is Paddy's usual seat in the class after the spelling test on Fridays?
4. What do the boys steal from a building site at the start of the novel?
5. When Paddy is swimming at the beginning of the novel, what is he stung by?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)