|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what construction material do Paddy and his friends sometimes play?
(c) Empty houses.
2. What do the boys steal from a building site at the start of the novel?
3. Who is always the high priest Zentoga when the boys have a naming ritual on Fridays?
4. What is the boys' favorite thing to jump when they are playing chase?
(c) Sidewalk cracks.
5. One day Mr. Hennessey reads a story in class. What word from the story baffles Paddy and his friends?
6. Who is Kevin's older brother?
7. Who does Paddy's da blame when the Clarke family's drain gets blocked once?
(a) Paddy's ma.
(b) No one.
8. Who teaches Paddy and Sinbad to make farting noises with their arms?
9. In whose shop do Paddy and his friends show their V's?
(d) No one's.
10. Who falls asleep one day when Mr. Hennessey tells the class to lay their heads down so he can talk to another teacher?
(a) Kevin Conroy.
(b) James O'Keefe.
(c) Patrick Clarke.
(d) Ian McEvoy.
11. Who is the central character in the story that Paddy says is the best story he ever read?
(a) Father Jospeh.
(b) Father John.
(c) Father Paul.
(d) Father Damien.
12. What is Sinbad's actual first name?
13. What game are Paddy and his friends playing when Liam breaks his teeth?
(a) Grand National.
(b) Grand Stand.
(c) Grand Day.
(d) Grand Prix.
14. Why does Paddy use a small spoon when eating ice cream?
(a) It makes the ice cream last longer.
(b) He doesn't like ice cream.
(c) No reason.
(d) His parents make him so he won't get sick.
15. What is the record number of pages that Paddy's ma read in one night?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Paddy's hero from his favorite story die?
2. Who forbids Joseph de Veuster to become a priest?
3. Where does the Clarke family eat their picnic meal?
4. Whose questions does Paddy never rush to answer?
5. When Paddy is swimming at the beginning of the novel, what is he stung by?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)