|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the gang of boys like to light fires?
(b) At the school shed.
(c) In their backyards.
(d) At the building site.
2. What does Paddy use to choke Brian Sheridan with while the boys are waiting to have their marks checked?
(a) A stick.
(b) His jumper.
(c) His hands.
(d) His belt.
3. What item does Paddy request in a letter to Santa for Christmas?
(b) Magnifying glasses.
(c) Adidas football boots.
(d) A sleigh.
4. What do the boys like to write their names in at the beginning of the novel?
(d) Wet cement.
5. What illness does Paddy's classmate David Geraghty have?
(d) Cerebral Palsey.
6. Who stops trimming the hedges in the fields because the hedges are going to be dug up?
(a) The mayor.
(b) County council.
(c) The corporation manager.
(d) No one.
7. Where do Paddy and his family have a picnic shortly after they purchase their new car?
8. What type of sandwiches does the Clarke family eat on their picnic?
(a) Ham and cheese.
(b) Chicken salad.
9. What does Paddy call a flashlight?
(a) A candle.
(b) Magic beam.
(c) A torch.
(d) A flashlight.
10. Whose da 'howls at the moon'?
(a) No one's.
(b) Liam and Adian's.
(c) Paddy and Sinbad's.
11. Who owns a farm that Paddy and his friends enjoy playing in?
(a) The corporation.
(b) The Parkers.
(c) No one.
(d) The Donnellys.
12. Why does Paddy use a small spoon when eating ice cream?
(a) He doesn't like ice cream.
(b) No reason.
(c) His parents make him so he won't get sick.
(d) It makes the ice cream last longer.
13. What is the record number of pages that Paddy's ma read in one night?
14. What does Paddy read that causes him to fear World War III?
(a) A newspaper headline.
(c) A textbook at school.
(d) A note from a friend.
15. What group of priests does Joseph join?
(a) The Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
(c) The Congregation of the Blessed.
(d) The Opis Dei.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which team is Paddy's favorite football/soccer team?
2. When Paddy is swimming at the beginning of the novel, what is he stung by?
3. Who hides with Paddy in the pipes to try and scare their other friends?
4. Who forbids Joseph de Veuster to become a priest?
5. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)