|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops trimming the hedges in the fields because the hedges are going to be dug up?
(a) The corporation manager.
(b) No one.
(c) The mayor.
(d) County council.
2. What do the boys steal from a building site at the start of the novel?
3. What item does Paddy request in a letter to Santa for Christmas?
(a) Adidas football boots.
(b) Magnifying glasses.
(d) A sleigh.
4. What group of priests does Joseph join?
(a) The Congregation of the Blessed.
(b) The Opis Dei.
(d) The Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
5. Who owns a farm that Paddy and his friends enjoy playing in?
(a) No one.
(b) The corporation.
(c) The Donnellys.
(d) The Parkers.
6. Who does Paddy's da blame when the Clarke family's drain gets blocked once?
(a) Paddy's ma.
(b) No one.
7. Who gets into trouble for doing the activity that is banned at Paddy's school by the headmaster?
8. What weather element dampens the Clarke family's picnic?
(c) Heavy rain.
9. Which writer of the Irish Proclamation of Independence does Paddy say is his grandfather?
(a) Thomas J. Clarke.
(b) P.H. Pearse.
(c) Sean MacDiarmada.
(d) Joseph Plunkett.
10. Whose da 'howls at the moon'?
(a) Liam and Adian's.
(b) Paddy and Sinbad's.
(d) No one's.
11. Where does Paddy light Sinbad's lips on fire?
(a) The pipes.
(c) At home.
(d) The school shed.
12. Where is Paddy's usual seat in the class after the spelling test on Fridays?
(a) At the front of the class.
(b) In the back by the coats.
(c) In the middle somewhere.
(d) Along the windows.
13. What is blocking the pipe at the Clarke house that causes the drain to become clogged?
(c) A dead mouse.
(d) Toilet paper.
14. Who is Paddy's favorite American pioneer?
(a) Daniel Boone.
(b) No one.
(c) Annie Oakley.
(d) Johnny Appleseed.
15. What does Paddy do after he is stung when he was swimming to get more attention from his ma?
(a) He stabs himself with a pencil.
(b) He never got stung.
(c) He burns the sting mark with a lighter.
(d) He squeezes the sting mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the V's that Paddy and his friends write on their chest with a marker stand for?
2. Why does Paddy use a small spoon when eating ice cream?
3. What personal element do Paddy and his da have in common?
4. What do the O'Connell's eat at every lunch?
5. What type of biscuits do Paddy and Sinbad eat at the picnic?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)