|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what construction material do Paddy and his friends sometimes play?
(a) Empty houses.
2. What does the fella who went to Africa come back with in his stomach?
3. What chore must Paddy do every Sunday before Mass?
(a) Polishes everything in the house.
(b) Washes the dishes.
(c) Cleans the bathroom.
(d) Mows the lawn.
4. What item does Paddy prefer for starting fires?
(a) Rubbing sticks together.
(b) A lighter.
(c) A magnifying glass.
5. Who is Paddy's favorite American pioneer?
(a) No one.
(b) Daniel Boone.
(c) Johnny Appleseed.
(d) Annie Oakley.
6. What does Paddy light between Sinbad's lips?
(a) A cigar.
(b) Lighter fluid.
(d) A candle.
7. Why does Paddy use a small spoon when eating ice cream?
(a) It makes the ice cream last longer.
(b) No reason.
(c) He doesn't like ice cream.
(d) His parents make him so he won't get sick.
8. Which team is Paddy's favorite football/soccer team?
(b) Westham United.
(c) Manchester City.
(d) Manchester United.
9. In what town do the boys live?
10. What type of sick people does Paddy's hero help?
(b) Polio patients.
(d) HIV victims.
11. Who falls asleep one day when Mr. Hennessey tells the class to lay their heads down so he can talk to another teacher?
(a) Patrick Clarke.
(b) James O'Keefe.
(c) Ian McEvoy.
(d) Kevin Conroy.
12. What does Paddy pick as his pet when he has to write about his favorite pet in a homework assignment?
(a) A cat.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A dog.
(d) A hamster.
13. What does Paddy call a flashlight?
(a) A candle.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) Magic beam.
(d) A torch.
14. Paddy enjoys the smell of his desk at school. What does Paddy do to his desk one day?
(a) He steals it.
(b) He cuts a piece off his desk.
(c) He carves his name in it.
(d) He licks it.
15. What does Paddy's ma find running around in their toilet bowl?
(a) A spider.
(b) A mouse.
(d) A cockroach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of the novel?
2. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
3. What bread product does Paddy find the best for making "hosts"?
4. What type of biscuits do Paddy and Sinbad eat at the picnic?
5. What type of car does Paddy's father buy?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)