|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paddy want his vocation to be?
(d) Shop owner.
2. What color is the water bottle that Paddy receives for Christmas?
3. Which team is Paddy's favorite football/soccer team?
(a) Westham United.
(b) Manchester United.
(d) Manchester City.
4. What item does Paddy request in a letter to Santa for Christmas?
(a) A sleigh.
(b) Adidas football boots.
(c) Magnifying glasses.
5. How does Paddy's ma fasten Paddy's trousers when she cannot zip them?
(a) By using elastic.
(b) She uses a belt to hold the sides together.
(c) By sewing the sides together.
(d) With a safety pin.
6. What item does Paddy prefer for starting fires?
(a) Rubbing sticks together.
(b) A magnifying glass.
(d) A lighter.
7. What does Paddy read that causes him to fear World War III?
(a) A textbook at school.
(b) A note from a friend.
(c) A newspaper headline.
8. When Paddy is stung while he is swimming, who does his mother offer to call?
(a) No one.
(b) Paddy's grandfather.
(c) Paddy's father.
(d) An ambulance.
9. When does Paddy's hero from his favorite story die?
(a) Ash Wednesday.
(b) Good Friday.
(d) Palm Sunday.
10. Where do the gang of boys like to light fires?
(b) At the building site.
(c) In their backyards.
(d) At the school shed.
11. In what construction material do Paddy and his friends sometimes play?
(d) Empty houses.
12. When Paddy is swimming at the beginning of the novel, what is he stung by?
(a) A bee.
(b) A wasp.
(d) A jellyfish.
13. Who is Mr. O'Connell's girlfriend?
14. What do the boys steal from a building site at the start of the novel?
15. What does the fella who went to Africa come back with in his stomach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Paddy's favorite renegade Native American?
2. Paddy enjoys the smell of his desk at school. What does Paddy do to his desk one day?
3. Who gets into trouble for doing the activity that is banned at Paddy's school by the headmaster?
4. Where does Paddy sometimes sit for hours?
5. What is the record number of pages that Paddy's ma read in one night?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)