Short Essay Questions Key
1. Using details from the text, describe how Paddy is stuck between being a child and becoming a teenager.
2. Describe Paddy and Sinbad's relationship using examples from the text to support your answer.
3. Using details from the text to support your answer, describe Mr. Hennessey, Paddy's teacher.
4. Describe some of the acts that Paddy and his friends committed that shows they were the town's troublemakers.
5. Describe Paddy's relationship with his da.
6. Describe Paddy's relationship with his ma.
7. Describe Paddy's relationship with his two sisters, Catherine and Deirdre.
8. How does Paddy react when he is stung by a jellyfish?
9. What are some of the rumors Paddy and his friends heard about the death of Sean Rickard? What actually killed Sean?
10. Describe what happens when Miss Watkins brings in a tea-towel with the Proclamation of Independence on it into Paddy's classroom.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)